• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billski

billski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I just bought a rt classic from someone. Wheni used it the first time it had a leak from inside of it and a little oil fixed the issue. I just aired it up today and the leak came back and the oil didn't help. So I tried removing the field strip screw to see if I could find the leak. I can't get the banjo screw to come all the way out. I unscrewed it all the way and tried pulling with no success. I tired once to screw it back and aired it up but now it has a major leak. And I can't screw it in or unscrew it. Please help. How do I gt this screw all the way out?

#2 Dirk Nerdley

Dirk Nerdley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hmm, sounds like an old cracked o-ring jamming things up. If the banjo bolt threads are fully clear of the valve you should be able to undo the front frame screw and remove the body and valve together, and then the sear. Then carefully wiggle the frame and rail apart. You likely just need new o-rings on the banjo at this point, but a rebuild kit is cheap insurance on anything with 10+ year old seals.

#3 billski

billski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I had this same exact problem. I had to take the gun all the way apart, and I was able to get the screw out. The middle oring on the banjo screw herniated and causes leaks. This happens when the screw is to tight. Next time put a spare oring in the very bottom of the screw and do not over tighten

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users