Photo

Ccm t2 vs Empire sniper

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Ccm vs sniper (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better

1. Ccm t2 (18 votes [78.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. Empire sniper (3 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

3. build your own (2 votes [8.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Vote away and post if you wish

Edited by OEFVeteran, 08 May 2013 - 12:12 PM.

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

CCM is better in every way imaginable (maybe excluding cost) my vote: CCM
New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#3 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Why though does it have a smoother shot or what cause I am getting either a ccm or a sniper and everyone is 50/50 on what marker is better

Edited by weekendwarriorPB, 06 May 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Why though does it have a smoother shot or what cause I am getting either a ccm or a sniper and everyone is 50/50 on what marker is better

smoother pump stroke, smoother and quieter shot, better ergonomics (grip frame and pump handle) smoother auto trigger, i believe it is also lighter. pretty much 100% better overall construction.
New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#5 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I really don't care about the auto trigger, and is it true it takes a month to get a t2 from ccm?

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I really don't care about the auto trigger, and is it true it takes a month to get a t2 from ccm?

With the huge waiting list over the J12 it could possibly be much longer

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

If you dont know whats best about a CCM you arent ready for one/dont need one. Pick up an Autococker with a CCM pump kit on it instead for about a third of the price.

#8 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

give or take, could be twice or three times as long. when you order you're put on a waiting list just like everyone else. keep in mind thought that you're getting a handmade pump made from the highest quality materials made to fit your specifications. you could get each individual part a different color if you wanted to, along with a full barrel kit.

just buy something like this

Posted Image

i got it for 180$ it has CCM parts and works fine. you don't need to spend 600 or 700$ on a pump when ones like these are readily available

Edited by LUXOR54, 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#9 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

If you dont know whats best about a CCM you arent ready for one/dont need one. Pick up an Autococker with a CCM pump kit on it instead for about a third of the price.

I have had 3 cocker pumps and just looking to step up my game with pumps.

#10 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

give or take, could be twice or three times as long. when you order you're put on a waiting list just like everyone else. keep in mind thought that you're getting a handmade pump made from the highest quality materials made to fit your specifications. you could get each individual part a different color if you wanted to, along with a full barrel kit.

just buy something like this

Posted Image

i got it for 180$ it has CCM parts and works fine. you don't need to spend 600 or 700$ on a pump when ones like these are readily available

Have had other cockers just looking to get a better pump because I have sold all my electors and have the money lying around.

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have had 3 cocker pumps and just looking to step up my game with pumps.

they all work essentially the same. just keep them clean and they work fine. a CCM won't really step up from anything, it's a luxury item. i can do the same thing with a rail as i can with a luxe, the luxe is just better looking, more prestigious, and awesome looking. but in the end you're still doing the same thing
New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#12 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Very true but I do need a new pump I sold all of my cockers, and electors to get a nicer pump

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Very true but I do need a new pump I sold all of my cockers, and electors to get a nicer pump

couldn't hurt to look around the used market for a CCM.
New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#14 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

You did not say wether you wanted your pump gun to have soul so if you want a totally custom anodized, part specific, badass ccm that screams how awesome of a pump player you are go with the t2. However if you are a speedballer who wouldn't mind trying pump, I'd go with the sniper. Cheaper, functional, but not unique and have no fun in them. I played at a field absolutely full of pump snobs, where everybody had snipers and one guy had a t2 in pink and green, proflexes in pink and green, jersey in pink and green, and it was just his unique show. If that's what you like... T2 all the way

#15 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

You did not say wether you wanted your pump gun to have soul so if you want a totally custom anodized, part specific, badass ccm that screams how awesome of a pump player you are go with the t2. However if you are a speedballer who wouldn't mind trying pump, I'd go with the sniper. Cheaper, functional, but not unique and have no fun in them. I played at a field absolutely full of pump snobs, where everybody had snipers and one guy had a t2 in pink and green, proflexes in pink and green, jersey in pink and green, and it was just his unique show. If that's what you like... T2 all the way

^yea that would be the only reason that I would go with the ccm

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

The CCM is to a Sniper II or Empire Sniper what a Luxe is to a Shocker SFT or NXT basically.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

The CCM is to a Sniper II or Empire Sniper what a Luxe is to a Shocker SFT or NXT basically.

Good analogy.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Both are nice markers for the money. If you can afford the CCM it is worth every penny.

If you choose the T2, you may consider ordering on without a barrel and getting a Deadlywind Fibur, it is a high quality carbon fiber barrel that uses Freak inserts. I have a 10" on mine and I think it is the best choice for this great marker, especially if you use a 13/3000 tank and a small gravity feeder.

If you choose the Sniper it is a great kit right from the box, my friend has one, it works great, very smooth action, very good shot on shot consistency, a much better choice than some lesser pumps as there is no need to upgrade anything.

Again, both good choices, as usual , you get what you pay for....good luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

I say get a Disruptive barrel and color match it to your gun. Carbon fiber barrels only really look nicest on black or gray guns.

#20 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

*cough*mvp*cough*

#21 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 – 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Azodin kaos pump!!! haha that or i would go with the sniper. barrel kit, stock class and hopper feed, cheaper, plus why would anyone spend 600 on a pump gun? i dont get it. for 300 you could make a Lightning shoot the same or better.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

No you cant. You obviously dont know pump play. What you're saying is like saying an ion will be the same as using a Clone GT.

Go with the CCm if you're willing to fork out the cash, because it's the best.

#23 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Wonder why someone pays close to $700 on a pump is ridiculous. :dodgy:

#24 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

a sniper will be more bang for you buck.... ccm pumps are nice, but they dont shoot any better then an empire sniper of a sniper you build yourself... i've shot plenty of snipers, from empire, to wgp and ccm... and while i've tossed around the ise of buying a ccm pump, i cant justify it based on performance over the mini orracle i built myself...

a ccm pump will not be more quit or smoother then an empire sniper... the pump stroke itself might be smoother, but thats not something i've ever noticed while playing... hell, the pump stoke on my orry is gritty compared to a ccm (sanchez machine dual pump arm set up), yet i dont notice it while playing... when it comes to pumps, efficiency will be based on how you tune it, feel will be based on the pump kit and trigger frame you choose... but over all, they will get teh same efficiency, and shoot the same volume wise... a sniper is a sniper, doesnt matter who makes it

No you cant. You obviously dont know pump play. What you're saying is like saying an ion will be the same as using a Clone GT.

Go with the CCm if you're willing to fork out the cash, because it's the best.

i am gonna go out on a branch and say you are the one that doesnt know jack shit about pumps.... i can take a lightening body, put CCM internals in it, with an 86 or 45 frame, and a ccm pump kit kit, and guess what.... it will shoot the same as a ccm pump gun, the only difference will be the body milling....

a sniper is a sniper... while some internals may be better then others, you can take a low end cocker like the lightening and put high end ccm parts in it and make it shoot like a ccm gun.... thats the beauty of pump... you can build a truely high end gu out of any cocker body you want... the reason CCm guns are so damn expensive is becuase they are custom guns... hand made to order.... thats going to cost a pretty penny if you want special colors and all the ad ons and shit...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 08 May 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#25 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

All this stuff

OEF beat me to it.

The empire sniper is an Awesome package for the price, And even if you built your own pumped cocker you would still be in and around the same price range. (assuming you didn't have an amazing barrel kit and a 10 ball spring feed in it also)

A CCM is a high quality build, the Empire sniper, and a CCM in a shot to shot comparison wont blow one or the other away, when you pull the trigger they both shoot at the same level of accuracy. however the CCM will have a smoother pump, and the parts will feel better made, because they are, and that is why your spending another 250$.

To be honest, unless your a hardcore pumper, if you want a marker that shoots and works great for your price, the sniper is one of the best price versus what you get deals

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Regardless of my lack of knowledge for pumps, as I stand corrected, the ccm does look more modern and more high end.

#27 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

a ccm is a high end pump... but it wont perform any better then a mid end or low end pump

thats the beauty of pump

Edited by OEFVeteran, 08 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#28 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

*cough*mvp*cough*

^yea I kinda forgot about mvps

#29 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

An to everyone saying why would I spend 700 on a pump why do people buy 1000+ dollar markers? It's because when I go paintballing on Sunday's I play for fun not super competitive in paintball so why not play (in my eyes) with the coolest paintball markers out there, PUMPS!

#30 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

all said and done i've got about 500 invested in my mini orracle pump.... and it performs, in my eyes, better then any CCM i've shot.... gets plenty of compliments as well.... i just hope you are not basing your views off price... if you like the looks and feel of a CCM, then by all means get one, but dont think that jsut becuase they are the most expensive they are the best...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#31 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

all said and done i've got about 500 invested in my mini orracle pump.... and it performs, in my eyes, better then any CCM i've shot.... gets plenty of compliments as well.... i just hope you are not basing your views off price... if you like the looks and feel of a CCM, then by all means get one, but dont think that jsut becuase they are the most expensive they are the best...

No I am not but I really just like how custom you can get ccm's and I really don't want to get a marker and upgrade it right away

#32 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

if you build your own pump you can get it as custom as you want, and usually for less then a CCM with all the goodies...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#33 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

if you build your own pump you can get it as custom as you want, and usually for less then a CCM with all the goodies...

I am talking about the body, my main colors are orange and pink, no autococker has that color body

#34 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

get teh body anodized... paying a company like caustic customs to anodize your body is no different them getting customs colors from BL or CCM.... hell, you can get even more creative with an aftermarket anodizer... acid wash, splash, "blood spallter" all kinds of cool effects....
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#35 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

See that's just one more thing I would née to do though

#36 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

I love my Sniper (Empire that is). I have never shot a CCM, but everything about the sniper is perfect for me. Pump stroke's great, comes with a barrel kit (sorta), and it is much cheaper than a CCM. So basically, do you want to pay a lot for a custom made pump, or not a lot for a factory-made, ready to be shipped pump that works just as well.

#37 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

if you find a MVP for pretty cheap(under $525) you really wont regret it. Most of the MVP Bashing comes from pumpers that can't play without a fore grip or a hit man mod. I took a huge roll of the Dice with my MVP and holy cow has it payed off more than I ever imagined. I'm thinking of buying another one, just to let people play with(loaner one). Also the MVP is VERY VERY light, people who have picked me entire set-up are wowed by how light it is.

Edited by Praetorian, 08 May 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#38 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

if you find a MVP for pretty cheap(under $525) you really wont regret it. Most of the MVP Bashing comes from pumpers that can't play without a fore grip or a hit man mod. I took a huge roll of the Dice with my MVP and holy cow has it payed off more than I ever imagined. I'm thinking of buying another one, just to let people play with(loaner one). Also the MVP is VERY VERY light, people who have picked me entire set-up are wowed by how light it is.

Were would I find one for under 525

#39 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

they were marked down in price new to 600... so i would look for a used MVP.... if thats the route you want to go
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#40 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

they were marked down in price new to 600... so i would look for a used MVP.... if thats the route you want to go

It's not really the route I want to go though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users