• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

So Im brand new and just got my first gun etc. Well I found someone local with some great deals and one of which is a Empire Super Freak Barrel Kit. I was thinking of getting this but they only make this new super freak kit in autococker or tippman A5 correct? Well my question is I got a GOG Enmey which from what I read and heard is a ion thread so this wouldnt work if I got the autococker version. Would it still be worth getting if I got a conversion such as the one on the link below and I would need the cocker to ion correct? The reason I was still thinking this is if I got a different gun down the road I wouldn't want to buy a new barrel and would like something to buy once and be good enough for when I upgraded. Thanks for any advice! Also the price I'm getting it is for about $125 new so add in the barrel adapter and it would be just over $140 so want to make sure that it is worth it. Thanks!

http://www.ansgear.c...daptckr-ion.htm

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Get the adapter

#3 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

So good deal I should jump at it and just get the adapter instead of a different barrel that has the correct threading at retail price? Also that is the correct adapter I want isn't it? Thanks for the help!

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I wouldn't do the adapter. Maybe it's just me, but having there be a space between where the ball is fired and the underbore is a bad idea. The ball begins accelerating once the ball is pushed into the balled by the bolt, and if its already speeding up, then it hits a smaller bore. That sounds like ball break city. In a gun where the barrel isn't using an adapter, the ball is gently pushed into the barrel, then fired when its already in the smaller bore. Now the increased breaks is just speculation on my part, but I wouldn't spend $140 on something that may not even work.

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

buy a ion freak back. the sp/gog freak system is compatible with the super freak
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

A regular freak barrel kit would be cheaper, and have more bore sizes, and would be available in Ion threads.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

A regular freak barrel kit would be cheaper, and have more bore sizes, and would be available in Ion threads.

This.
The Super Freak is just excessive and, as Twinkie mentioned, probably wouldn't work too well even with the adapter.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yeah I passed on it. Just was interested because of the price of 125 brand new and later on I may try and get an Axe (so figured I would already have it) but thats in the future anyway. Thanks for the advice everyone!

#9 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

I would have bought it for $125, then buy a used ion freak back. But thats just me
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#10 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Supposedly he could get me one later on at this price but who knows. Right now I'm just going to play more and make sure I stick with it before throwing more down. I tried also to look for a used ion freak back but didn't find any that wouldn't drive the price over what I would pay for the GOG freak barrel kit with ion threading so didn't see the point at this time. I figure if I keep playing and improving then I can at that time get one and the I might want to get an Axe at some point as well so it would work for that. Until then its not a huge deal but I just liked the idea of buying it at almost 40% off.

#11 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would have bought it for $125, then buy a used ion freak back. But thats just me

Damn I might do this now just found a barely used freak back for $25 with ion threading. Just wish I didn't buy the angel barrel kit the other day that was on sale on ansgear.

Edited by cmc1367, 09 May 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hey man, I wouldnt worry about it. A barrel is a barrel. If I knew you were getting soley a barrel, just go get a Custom Products Barrel for 30

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

What the orange chicken said

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users