• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ic3man211

ic3man211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

I can currently spend ~$500 on a used gun. Mostly looking for really smooth spoolies so what would you guys suggest??
Posted Image

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

an older DM marker
PM7 maybe. that's proto matrix 7, not the matrix rail.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

an older DM marker

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

DMs, shockers, Clones, and Droids.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Geo 2/2.1

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Geo 2/2.1

Psh. Those are not smooth...

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Geo 2/2.1

Also, Axe's are sexy smooth if you put a boss bolt in them. Sorta like a spool. I would look into possibly an older DM or a Drone DX if you want smooth. But the Drone DX is just a little more smoother than a Geo, from personal experience.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Geo's are the most Reliable Spoolie I've some across.. besides one having torn eyes, and one having a Solenoid malfunction(after I think the owner said over 75 Cases of paint) I have never seen a Geo just "Not work". Even though I'm not a fan boy for planet they make guns that just work through mud and shit.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Geo's are the most Reliable Spoolie I've some across.. besides one having torn eyes, and one having a Solenoid malfunction(after I think the owner said over 75 Cases of paint) I have never seen a Geo just "Not work". Even though I'm not a fan boy for planet they make guns that just work through mud and shit.

Regardless, they are just not smooth shooting markers.

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Mostly looking for really smooth spoolies

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#11 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'd Sacrifice a small amount of "Smoothness" for Reliability any day

#12 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ego 9, drone ex, marq 6 , bob long g6r, axe

#13 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

^Smooth Ego 9? LOL

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I wouldn't when we're talking about 500+ modern markers. Reliability shouldn't even be in question in this day and age. If it still is, then those companies better start making them more reliable, or dissipate away, because the "reliability" factor is categorized with having a half-decent stock barrel in terms of expectations.

#15 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

I wouldn't when we're talking about 500+ modern markers. Reliability shouldn't even be in question in this day and age. If it still is, then those companies better start making them more reliable, or dissipate away, because the "reliability" factor is categorized with having a half-decent stock barrel in terms of expectations.

Yes BUT! This maybe his/her first introduction to "Higher end" markers. Why confuse the hell out of someone with Valve Kegs and #99.66 o-rings? While the Geo is not the "Smoothest" Spoolie it is the easiest to maintain and keep functioning, which ties into reliability, how minor little things can cause a marker to just work horrible, or Chug along with not the greatest efficiency but still shoots over 265 and sprays paint, if the user accidentally over lubes or under lubes or an o-ring has a small nick in it.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yes BUT! This maybe his/her first introduction to "Higher end" markers. Why confuse the hell out of someone with Valve Kegs and #99.66 o-rings? While the Geo is not the "Smoothest" Spoolie it is the easiest to maintain and keep functioning, which ties into reliability, how minor little things can cause a marker to just work horrible, or Chug along with not the greatest efficiency but still shoots over 265 and sprays paint, if the user accidentally over lubes or under lubes or an o-ring has a small nick in it.

Droids/clClones aren't lube sensitive, Shockers are really simple and DMs are pretty reliable as well. The difference with the Geo is that it can be neglected, which if you're spending ANY amount of money on a marker that shouldn't be something you do IMO.

#17 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Geo 2/2.1

Also, Axe's are sexy smooth if you put a boss bolt in them. Sorta like a spool. I would look into possibly an older DM or a Drone DX if you want smooth. But the Drone DX is just a little more smoother than a Geo, from personal experience.

even stock the axes can be tuned to be a smooth shooter, I would also throw my hat in for geos 2/2.1 along with the axe
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#18 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Droids/Clones aren't lube sensitive, Shockers are really simple and DMs are pretty reliable as well. The difference with the Geo is that it can be neglected, which if you're spending ANY amount of money on a marker that shouldn't be something you do IMO.

-IF- This is the persons first Higher end, I seriously doubt they keep a routine maintenance schedule. Run a Shocker or a Clone dry(no lube) and see what happens. :)

I should of rephrased the word for Reliable to User error. The Geo 2 can put up with more User Error than other spoolies. :lol:

#19 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I have a proto rail and i lube that thing every time i play and maintain the reg every 4 times, regular maintenance isnt hard... my vote goes dm, marq or clone.

Edited by Pump Player, 08 May 2013 - 11:27 AM.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#20 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

i would do an older Impy or shocker, older ego, or an axe with the redline and super freak. if you can get one, a Luxe is cool but i think the axe or the smart parts are your best bets. disregard these XD

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 08 May 2013 - 11:38 AM.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Lol just an axe. You dont need redline, nor the super freak.

#22 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

seriously tippmann player, do you have the slightest clue on what the red line and super freak kit does?

if you did go with the axe, the bolt would be had before that red line, heck i would lurker the fuck out the axe before getting the red line
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#23 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

FEP quest super nice and can find um used for sub 250 range

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users