69 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Will edit and refine later, just hoping it would help. Feel free to post suggestions. Again, MY guide, so don't go recommending me to add ProFlex's or to say to purchase a DP G4 as a budget baller marker

Get the nicest mask that there is on the market for you. Mask is the most important; never skimp on the mask.
Here are the high end masks:

Empire E-Flex: Overall my favorite, great breathability, great foam, and good lenses. There are complaints about seeing the foam on the lenses, but for me, it was only when I wasn't playing did it bother me. In-game, you don't notice it until you notice it.

Dye I4: Extremely tiny, low profile mask. Good breathability, greatest range of vision(not too much, but it is true), but really small.

Sly Profits: A hit or miss mask. For me, it was a miss. Decent breathability, and an almost overwhelming amount of foam. It felt like a pillow on my face, however, with the poor breathability, it felt like I was getting suffocated. You choose whether or not you would like them.

V-Force Grills: The cheapest out of the bunch, but also considered high end, and are my second favorite mask out of this list. Great foam, great lens, great fit for most people, nicely breathable, and interchangeable and replaceable foam. However, there are complaints that it does not have a thermal lens, but purchasing one would put it in the same price range as the other masks.

Loaders
Honestly, just pick the one you like the looks of the best. Make sure it's either a Halo, such as the one you have now, or a superloader. No other loader is worth having, especially so for speedball.

Virtue Spire

Empire Z2

Dye Rotor

Pinokio

Empire Scion

Air Tanks
Go with Carbon fiber tanks. This means nothing that's X/3000. Your looking for something that's 68/4500, or any X/4500 tank
All air tanks are equal in quality, only difference is looks. The difference between the tank as a whole is the regulator on top. Ninja, Dye, and Disruptive have the best regulators that come with pressure adjustability and many other features; Ninja is the most popular out of the three. However, you may never find yourself needing all those features, so you could either go used and get a tank for 100 or under, or go with a cheaper brand, such as Guerilla Air or Empire.
For sizes, the most popular tank size is a 68/4500

Ninja
Disruptive
Guerilla Air
Dye
Empire

Buy PADS!
Pads will protect the vital points of contact that your body makes with the ground: Knees and elbow. Start with kneepads. Then go to elbow pads, then other pads. The ONLY brands I'd consider looking at is Planet Eclipse and Dye. Dye is a little bit more expensive, but worth every penny. Planet Eclipse pads are great, and you won't be disappointed either. Avoid Empire. HKarmy has had rumors of ripped pads. Valken is mediocre.

Planet Eclipse

Dye

Pants
Ahh the pants. These are the most important article of clothing for paintball. I would take a look at Disruptive Pants.
Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.
Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

Edited by Orange Chicken, 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

You should let me add. ;)

Saved for editing? mmmm yesh?

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

It totally is.

#4 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

OC, my man. Good advice. I gotta ask you about slider shorts for big boys. I don't see any DYE or PE slider shorts in my size. I did find some Sly shorts. Got any other recommendations for a 48-50 waist?

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Not really sure about slider shorts. Sly's work pretty nice actually. Eclipse does run a bit large, you sure they dont have any in your size?

#6 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Why didn't you include a gun recommendation? Too wide of a topic?

#7 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Not really sure about slider shorts. Sly's work pretty nice actually. Eclipse does run a bit large, you sure they dont have any in your size?

They didn't list anything bigger than a 38 waist on their sizing chart. I'm at least 5 sizes bigger than that.

I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Why didn't you include a gun recommendation? Too wide of a topic?

Will put inlater.

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

You should add the G4, ProFlex, and Profiler.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Lol'd

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol'd

I'm being serious too.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Profiler makes the list, not the others.

#14 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

The one thing I would say too add is a profiler great mask. Mike loves it so I would add it. It's also pretty cheap. And crossfire tanks I would add look kind of cool and they have a decent reg

Ohh wow I just posted profiler right after you posted this
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#15 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Also I would add the proto pro axis

If you want some guns on there I would add rail, extcy, proton, and axe and invasion for 500 range.

I would also add a pod pack section. My favorites are the proto alpha, valken redemption packs, empire liquid pack (I think it's called). Critical stealth, pe distortion.
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#16 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Your beloved Eflex makes the list, but you won't add the mask that made it possible?

Seems legit...

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#17 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yay! Someone else who hates vlocitys!
I am a raccoon.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Your beloved Eflex makes the list, but you won't add the mask that made it possible?

Seems legit...

I find the proflex now obsolete.

#19 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Proflex? Obsolete? Nonsense. This list needs a lot of work IMO.

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Does no one read orange?

#21 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Does no one read orange?

I did. I suggest you get to those revisions, and I felt very free to post suggestions, one of which being that proflexes being obsolete is nonsense.

#22 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Does no one read orange?

are you talking to yourself? Or about yourself? wtff? lol
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#23 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yup. Agree 100% with you. Lots of work.

#24 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.
Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

do you have this paragraph saved somewhere and whenever you find appropriate, you copy and paste into techpb? I feel like i have seen this exact thing multiple times.

#25 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think Orange put together a pretty solid list. If $50 masks can put in quick change lenses then yes the proflex is obsolete due to the changing trends in paintball. Were they the best in paintball at one time? Most would say yes. But the what the sport demands has changed and so has the equipment. Hence forth the e-flex to replace the proflex.

Edited by D.A.M.Baller321, 08 May 2013 - 03:44 PM.

My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#26 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

I find the proflex now obsolete.

Please elaborate on how it is obsolete,

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#27 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Eflex. Better ears, and better quick change lens.

#28 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

And that added convenience warrants doubling the price? I feel that the proflex is far from obsolete. You can get 90 percent of the performance of the E-flex, if not more, for around half the price. Cutting the price, for the most part, in half for some added inconvenience is definitely worth it. I'll also add that the proflex is by far the most customize-able mask out there, which we all know is an important selling point in paintball.

#29 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

And that added convenience warrants doubling the price? I feel that the proflex is far from obsolete. You can get 90 percent of the performance of the E-flex, if not more, for around half the price. Cutting the price, for the most part, in half for some added inconvenience is definitely worth it. I'll also add that the proflex is by far the most customize-able mask out there, which we all know is an important selling point in paintball.

It is 100% worth doubling the price, because it saves you time, & not to mention you don't have to drop $400 for your busted ear drum.
I am a raccoon.

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Lack of quick change lens and terrible ears are only acceptable on mid range masks, which i thankfully falls into. But other than the profiler, I wont recommend a mid end mask, because I feel the mask you get should be the highest quality mask you can get that fits you. Empire Vidar may be put on, but only because it has proper protection.

#31 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

It is 100% worth doubling the price, because it saves you time, & not to mention you don't have to drop $400 for your busted ear drum.

Which is why you are one of the many people to buy an E-flex. But considering the Proflex still sells well enough that they come out with new parts for it, I feel it's safe to say that there are many people who agree with my point of view.

#32 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Which is why you are one of the many people to buy an E-flex. But considering the Proflex still sells well enough that they come out with new parts for it, I feel it's safe to say that there are many people who agree with my point of view.

Actually, I own a profit. :D
I am a raccoon.

#33 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Actually, I own a profit. :D

You know what I meant. :P

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

And look what they have done with it. Added better ears. I think they did it because the mask is just known enough to survive the JT revival by kee, and they didnt want to produce an entirely new mask to flagship JT, so they made proflex and added new stuff for it.

#35 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Guys, I'm not taking sides, I'm just saying that this is HIS guide using HIS opinions. I don't think he intended to offend anyone with the lack of Proflex love. And Orange.. Where's your paragraphs praising disruptive barrels..? I'm disappointed. ;)

Edit: I love Proflex's. But the E-flex is truly its superior in every way but price.

Edited by Cj R, 08 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#36 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

When you edit, add axis pros. Amazing mask.

#37 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Proflexs are still nice second favourite mask out there used they can be super cheap and be less than half the price of the E-flexs, Why no sly elbow pads or any slider shorts, sly elbow pads are great and cheaper than dye and pe and work just as well, the slider shorts I don't see myself playing without I don't even use knee pads and have no problem. Also for paants why just disruptive they aren't even available anywhere in Canada I never knew about them till you started posting about them, dye pants are nice also exalt throwbacks aren't bad. I don't care how sponsored you are there are other pants on the market that are more readily available and do just as well.
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#38 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

But they're cheaper.

#39 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Event modded proflexes. Eflex ears work too. Best of both worlds. Besides proflexes fit MY head better. Can't speak for others.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#40 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I remember doing this, and MMMerc got his pinned
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#41 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

wtf? Proflexes are amazing. Most comfortable to the most people, the customizability is unreal with more parts than any other mask, by FAR! Not to mention having KEE who have taken the proflex and gotten some more of the full ear, ear protection because so many people were whining about. But the truth is there will always be a problem with every mask, the i4's are too small for some peoples face, the profit's have bad breathability for other's, etc.

P.S. The Eflexes are not better than the proflexes or the Event's because mask's are personal preference, sure they may have quick changing lenses or better protection but me and alot more people would rather have pro flexes over them because of the insane amount of shit you can do with proflexes! There are even people who would rather have event's because they like the look.
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#42 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

wtf? Proflexes are amazing. Most comfortable to the most people, the customizability is unreal with more parts than any other mask, by FAR! Not to mention having KEE who have taken the proflex and gotten some more of the full ear, ear protection because so many people were whining about. But the truth is there will always be a problem with every mask, the i4's are too small for some peoples face, the profit's have bad breathability for other's, etc.

P.S. The Eflexes are not better than the proflexes or the Event's because mask's are personal preference, sure they may have quick changing lenses or better protection but me and alot more people would rather have pro flexes over them because of the insane amount of shit you can do with proflexes! There are even people who would rather have event's because they like the look.

I'm confused, what can you do with a proflex that you can't do with e flexes? Mix & match colors? What are we, 3 year olds?
I am a raccoon.

#43 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm confused, what can you do with a proflex that you can't do with e flexes? Mix & match colors? What are we, 3 year olds?

Hahaha, I know people with proflexes worth more than probably your setup. I think that's pretty good for a 3 year old...
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#44 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hahaha, I know people with proflexes worth more than probably your setup. I think that's pretty good for a 3 year old...

That must be their intelligence level to spend $1,000+ on a mask.
I am a raccoon.

#45 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't even need quick change lenses. I could have 2 Event modded ProFlexes with different lenses for the price of an Eflex. How's that for quick change?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#46 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

1)Buys a LE proflexes back in the days, with LE straps.
2)Age it
3)????
4)profit
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#47 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

This kid....
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#48 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Tons of people buy the cheap 20 dollar rental mask too and think it is great. It doesn't make them right. The only way the Proflex is even safe is if you mod the ears. A mask that doesn't even cover up the whole ear is just not good. Anyone who tries to argue the ears on the Proflex are anything but bad is just wrong.

#49 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Tons of people buy the cheap 20 dollar rental mask too and think it is great. It doesn't make them right. The only way the Proflex is even safe is if you mod the ears. A mask that doesn't even cover up the whole ear is just not good. Anyone who tries to argue the ears on the Proflex are anything but bad is just wrong.

I've been shot in the ears multiple times with my Proflex. I have suffered no hearing damage.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#50 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've been shot in the ears multiple times with my Proflex. I have suffered no hearing damage.

I've been shot directly in the ear too with my flexes... No hearing damage here! (although I don't think TaL suffered any hearing damage I'm pretty sure he has suffered some brain damage... But don't tell him I told you)
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users