• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Tons of people buy the cheap 20 dollar rental mask too and think it is great. It doesn't make them right. The only way the Proflex is even safe is if you mod the ears. A mask that doesn't even cover up the whole ear is just not good. Anyone who tries to argue the ears on the Proflex are anything but bad is just wrong.

I've been shot in the ears multiple times with my Proflex. I have suffered no hearing damage.

You're lucky we are communicating over text, tall.

And poopfairy, are you really trying to ridicule people who customize things to their liking? You must be new to earth or something, because everybody customizes everything always. Deal with it. And they don't always spend $1,000 on a mask, a lot of those guys just sit on old parts until the value appreciates enough to make $1,000.

They can make a good amount of money on old mask parts. How's that for intelligence?

#52 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Tons of people buy the cheap 20 dollar rental mask too and think it is great. It doesn't make them right. The only way the Proflex is even safe is if you mod the ears. A mask that doesn't even cover up the whole ear is just not good. Anyone who tries to argue the ears on the Proflex are anything but bad is just wrong.

I've been shot in the ears multiple times with my Proflex. I have suffered no hearing damage.

I see where they're coming from, though. Just because you haven't suffered any hearing damage doesn't someone else hasn't or won't in the future. I see where you're coming from, too. I guess if you have a smaller head and the proflex wraps around further or your ears are smaller or more forward, maybe the ear protection is more adequate. One thing I've learned is that these are all opinions. Until you get one on your head and decide for yourself, this all means jack. I don't see what the point in arguing over this. It's all in what works best for each individual. I personally chose against the proflex but it covered my ears fine. It was the nose foam that pushed against my glasses and made them sit crooked on my face. It was comfy, I just couldn't see worth a crap.

Speaking of crap, we're crapping on OC's thread and none of this helps n00bs.

Edited by Village Idiot, 08 May 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#53 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

I see where they're coming from, though. Just because you haven't suffered any hearing damage doesn't someone else hasn't or won't in the future. I see where you're coming from, too. I guess if you have a smaller head and the proflex wraps around further or your ears are smaller or more forward, maybe the ear protection is more adequate. One thing I've learned is that these are all opinions. Until you get one on your head and decide for yourself, this all means jack. I don't see what the point in arguing over this. It's all in what works best for each individual. I personally chose against the proflex but it covered my ears fine. It was the nose foam that pushed against my glasses and made them sit crooked on my face. It was comfy, I just couldn't see worth a crap.

I started wearing contacts because of that
109.gif

#54 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Uh... Why?

Speaking of crap, we're crapping on OC's thread and none of this helps n00bs.

These threads die in a week anyway.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#55 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yea but I found a couple of these in my first week and they really helped. For however long it's here, it may still help.

I started wearing contacts because of that

I'm looking into it but it looks like my exam for contact is gonna be expensive because I have an astigmatism in my right eye and apparently everyone charges extra for that.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#56 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's here for those who want them. Also, given my trait that I rarely form topics, it's easily accessible for me as reference, as I forget some good points when giving advice.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#57 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Uh... Why?

You don't need hearing to read. :lol:

#58 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

You should add the G4 Used Axe, ProFlex Pro Axis, and Profiler.

Edited by gorgeousllama, 08 May 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#59 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

And poopfairy, are you really trying to ridicule people who customize things to their liking? You must be new to earth or something, because everybody customizes everything always. Deal with it. And they don't always spend $1,000 on a mask, a lot of those guys just sit on old parts until the value appreciates enough to make $1,000.

They can make a good amount of money on old mask parts. How's that for intelligence?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from value wise, with selling the old parts in the future. My philosophy on purchasing items has always been buy for me, not you, so that's where I'm a little off on keeping old parts. ( on a side note, I find buying used masks disgusting) & in all honesty, I fail to see the point in customizing things period. Maybe I'm weird for this, maybe I'm the only smart person on the planet. Either way, I don't know. What's important here, to the original discussion, is that I would not reccomend proflexes to newer players, due to the safety issue I've witnessed firsthand.
I am a raccoon.

#60 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

You should add the G4 Used Axe, ProFlex Pro Axis, and Profiler.

I agree 100%

#61 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Air Tanks
Go with Carbon fiber tanks. This means nothing that's X/3000.

Broseph, as far as tanks go....They can come in the 3000's and be carbon fiber.....I used to own a 68/3000 Pure Energy before my 68/5000 Evil...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#62 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Air Tanks

Broseph, as far as tanks go....They can come in the 3000's and be carbon fiber.....I used to own a 68/3000 Pure Energy before my 68/5000 Evil...

This is true. But x/5000 tanks are no longer in the industry because practically no fields fill above 4500 psi. The idea behind getting a Carbon Fibur 68/4500 is the resale is very high as opposed to 68/3000 and 48/3000. Also, they hold more air and are more comfortable.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#63 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Air Tanks

This is true. But x/5000 tanks are no longer in the industry because practically no fields fill above 4500 psi. The idea behind getting a Carbon Fibur 68/4500 is the resale is very high as opposed to 68/3000 and 48/3000. Also, they hold more air and are more comfortable.

Debatable
109.gif

#64 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Air Tanks

I thought the 3000s were fiberglass, instead of carbon fiber.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#65 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Air Tanks

Nope, they are either aluminum or steel.
I am a raccoon.

#66 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Air Tanks

I'm not talking about modern 3000s. I am fairly certain there were Fiberglass 3000s back in the day.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#67 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well im talking about today's time, and those are nearly non existant new nowadays.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#68 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Air Tanks

I'm not talking about modern 3000s. I am fairly certain there were Fiberglass 3000s back in the day.

Yeah they were both. They were fiberglass originally, and then they switched over to carbon fiber later on. Btw this is all before 4500psi were available, and they still have them used in hydro, and would be a better starter tank than a 48/3000 for around the same weight and price.....Also 5000psi tanks are not around anymore due to the need, but they can be fillled to 5000psi if the field were to have boosters at their fill station....Besides I got mine for $55 with new hydro, and they are great conversation pieces.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#69 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Good job chicken this is nice, ill refer everyone here now.

#70 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks man, really nice, informative, and well-written post.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users