23 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

After a long expensive journey I have arrived at my final destination. With the impending reality of college and adult life rapidly approaching I have come to the realization that gun whoring is a fruitless endeavor that has left me a mere shell of my former self. I have progressed through. nearly 40 Markers in about 2 years time and have reached a point where I am satisfied.

I realized this after I had spent an obscene amount of cash on my one of one death machine G6R "Predator 47"

After receiving offers for her over what I paid for it and having an impending eclipse sponsorship on the horizon I had elected to sell her. I ended up selling her for $1,000

With that thousand dollars I went on the hunt for a new "less expensive" marker.

What I found blew me away, I managed to pick up not one but two markers in a local deal.

I managed to pick up a Beat up Etek 3 AM With the Emortal Board and an Empire Sniper "Without the Barrel Kit" for a grand total of $350 for the pair.

I then copped a DW Fibur Barrel and some inserts for the Sniper and called it a day. I already had all my other gear.

I just want to help save any other perspective whores from the frustration. You do not need to spend $1,000 on a gun to have fun with the sport. Instead of blindly saving up money to dump on a highend be patient and wait for a good deal. I have $650 in my pocket now for the summer after getting rid of my G6R there is no need to have "the latest and greatest" to have fun playing paintball. My gun shoots paint whenever I want it to and it shoots paint well. I also have a nice pump for rec play. Please consider this a public service announcement. DO NOT let the mentality of a lot of the people playing paintball or on this forum convince you to spend money you dont have to. All you need is a gun that shoots paint and you are happy with. Dont let all the hype surrounding Highend Markers sway your decisions.

Anyone else have such an experience?

As always, thank you for your time guys, X

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm not a gun whore. I'm a hoarder. I buy markers and gear, and hate selling it.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'm not a gun whore. I'm a hoarder. I buy markers and gear, and hate selling it.

I am still in recovery please dont push me into remission. I have a bare wall in my room. I just want to put up a peg board and cover her with guns!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

The guys that kick ass with some beat up old Ego/Timmy/whatever from 6-7 years ago just goes to show how little the marker really matters. If someone has the money then more power to them but I totally agree with what you did. Do you still have your Luxe BTW?

On a related note, I had someone come up to me today and talk about how if he wasn't accepted to the college he wants to go this year he's going to buy a Luxe 2.0 brand new. On top of that when I suggested buying a used 1.0 w/2.0 core he told me the 2.0s are $1200 new (which is basically the resale price!). Even if that were true it wouldn't mean that you should just go and drop that much cash, especially when you're not playing anywhere close to a level that would justify it (which both he and I sure as hell aren't).

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 11 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

I am still in recovery please dont push me into remission. I have a bare wall in my room. I just want to put up a peg board and cover her with guns!

As do I. I don't have enough money to do so though. Posted Image

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#6 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

The guys that kick ass with some beat up old Ego/Timmy/whatever from 6-7 years ago just goes to show how little the marker really matters. If someone has the money then more power to them but I totally agree with what you did. Do you still have your Luxe BTW?

On a related note, I had someone come up to me today and talk about how if he wasn't accepted to the college he wants to go this year he's going to buy a Luxe 2.0 brand new. On top of that when I suggested buying a used 1.0 w/2.0 core he told me the 2.0s are $1200 new (which is basically the resale price!). Even if that were true it wouldn't mean that you should just go and drop that much cash, especially when you're not playing anywhere close to a level that would justify it (which both he and I sure as hell aren't).

I forgot I even posted that up on here. That was sold because I need book money.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

I cant sell my markers. I have to keep them. I have to hoard them. The collection and wide range of markers mesmerizes me every time. Even the fact that they're low ends, it dazzles me for hours on end.

Hello, I'm Orange Chicken, and I'm a hoarder.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 11 May 2013 - 10:13 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

I cant sell my markers. I have to keep them. I have to hoard them. The collection and wide range if markers mesmerizes me every time. Even the fact that they're low ends, it dazzles me for hours on end.

Hello, I'm Orange Chicken, and I'm a hoarder.

As soon as im out of school and have my own place im covering a peg board wall with markers. No doubt about it.

#9 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Not the G6R!

;-;

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I forgot I even posted that up on here. That was sold because I need book money.

:( The price of education really fucking sucks sometimes. Kinda ironic why you sold it given what that person said to me too, very different viewpoints.

#11 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

BUT I NEEDS CCM J12 :wub:

A MAG, AND A HAMMAR7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To top my 2012 g6r, axe, and enemy

like fuck me spending this kind of cash. Good thing I won $850 from radio contests to fund my markers, and later this month I shall try to strike again with whatever contest and get more cash for markers lol.

Current j12 savings: $500

After I rid mt tipx, mag is mine
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Not the G6R!

;-;

She went to a good home. Thats all that matters.

#13 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Not the G6R!

;-;

She went to a good home. Thats all that matters.

So sexy ;-;

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#14 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

20 markers in 8 months.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#15 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

You know I have a bit of a collection but if push came to shove and all I could have is a bone stock Tippmann 98c I'd still be every bit as happy playing this great sport.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#16 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I will still continue to get the latest and greatest

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

#18 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lowends are not the latest and greatest Chickenman.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

....shut up. I'm going to get them. One day.

#20 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

I can't hear you over the sound of these amazing $1000 markers I have.

I love you.

#21 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

i seem to buy stuff, and then not sell them haha

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#22 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Sounds like lord of the rings woth golemn and the ring in this thread....good for you man 650 in the pocket is never a bad thing!

#23 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like lord of the rings woth golemn and the ring in this thread....good for you man 650 in the pocket is never a bad thing!

Someone Agrees!!! I have two GOOD guns that can fill any role I would want to fill while playing paintball. A nice pump and a dependable electro, It's all I need and I can say pretty honestly that Iwould not be afraid to take on anyone short of Pro Players with them. Difference between me and the whites is that I am complete I no longer have that hole in my heart from lack of satisfaction lol

#24 Manch Vegas Baller

Manch Vegas Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Someone Agrees!!! I have two GOOD guns that can fill any role I would want to fill while playing paintball. A nice pump and a dependable electro, It's all I need and I can say pretty honestly that Iwould not be afraid to take on anyone short of Pro Players with them. Difference between me and the whites is that I am complete I no longer have that hole in my heart from lack of satisfaction lol

I've been debating about throwing my v2 on BST to see if i could get a 2-4-1 or an older gun plus some decent cash. I want to shoot something i haven't shot, and since the new Demons are coming that means price drop haha :D

Current set up
Gun:LE PDD Axe
Loader:V3 Rotor
Tank:Ninja 45/45
Axe FS/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222591

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users