9 replies to this topic

#1 GoldieCurls

GoldieCurls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hello

Well, I've been planning to get a new mask soon.

Of course, I'm not laden with cash to spend, so the expensive stuff ($65 or higher, shall we say?) is out of the question.

Any ideas about what I could get for a good, durable mask that won't fog up, is comfortable, and generally good?

Thanks
I am that guy

#2 3migo

3migo

Owl Capone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,865 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

jt proflex

3migosignature.gif
Chief Night Owl
The Writer of the Prophecy
My Moderator Application
My Feedback

#3 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

v-force profilers ftw. best mask for $60

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)
If your parents don't pay for your gear CLICK HERE!!!!!

#4 GoldieCurls

GoldieCurls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Well if I was going to spend $60 on a mask, I might as well get E-Vents for $3 more.

And those are a brand that I've tried and liked a lot, but if there were any really nice cheap masks (Maybe $50 or below?) That might be nice.

I mean, are the profilers or proflex better then e vents?

Edited by GoldieCurls, 28 March 2009 - 08:52 PM.

I am that guy

#5 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yes they are. E-Vents are similar to Profilers but are harder to breath out of, while on the good side they have soft ears. I'd take Profilers though. More comfortable IMO.

And the only thing that can beat a Proflex IMO are Grillz, and MAYBE i4's (if they fit your face that is!).

JT and V-Force have been making masks for a while. They know how to do it better than anyone.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#6 pballer84

pballer84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

v force pro vantage. they dont fog, they are protective, and very durable. only $25-30. i've used mine for over a year and 1/2 and they are still going strong. (i go about once a week)

#7 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Well if I was going to spend $60 on a mask, I might as well get E-Vents for $3 more.

And those are a brand that I've tried and liked a lot, but if there were any really nice cheap masks (Maybe $50 or below?) That might be nice.

profilers are better than events, and if you are a bigger person you will love them, they are very comfortable.

v force pro vantage. they dont fog, they are protective, and very durable. only $25-30. i've used mine for over a year and 1/2 and they are still going strong. (i go about once a week)

they are good, but you really dont want to skimp out when it comes to your mask. im not saying that the provantages are bad but profilers are deff worth the extra 30, they are more comfortable. provantages were built for smaller faces also

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)

#8 Scheele

Scheele

I sell propane and propane accessories.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

I could never stand how any VForce fit on my face and that's what it really comes down to. Everyone here is going to throw out VForce but you really need to try them all yourself. Everyone looks for something different in their masks. Go to a local Pro Shop and try on every mask they have. Also, your mask is the most important thing you will buy in paintball. Don't cheap out AT ALL. When you go to look at masks, don't even look at prices and just pick the one right for you. Now more VForce plugs by a bunch of kids who have tried on maybe 3 masks before.
Dirt. Army
Dirt. Apparel: all Canadian made, all dirty as fuck.
Dirt. Apparel Website is up and running. Also check out the Facebook.

#9 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Go to a local Pro Shop and try on every mask they have. Also, your mask is the most important thing you will buy in paintball. Don't cheap out AT ALL. When you go to look at masks, don't even look at prices and just pick the one right for you.

exactly, try them on, and $60 should be your minimum price not maximum

#10 GoldieCurls

GoldieCurls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:31 AM

Well, here's a question about it:

I'll probably buy pants first, because they are something I don't already have, unlike the mask, which I would just prefer a new one.

But I'm not going to have more the $65 (Tops) to spend on a mask.

So I will probably go to my local pro shop and try on the profilers, proflex, and anything else that looks good to me.

Sound like a good idea?
I am that guy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users