• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Ok so I am looking into buying a NT. It will be my first true marker and I wish to learn some more about it.

First: Why do so many people hate on it and say bad stuff?
Second: Why did dye ever produce the NT and why did they stop making them?
Third: What are some upgrades worth having on it?
Fourth: Do they still manufacture the Billy wing bolt for it?
Finally: What is the best eye pipe to use on it?

I'm new to this so please tell me if I am in the wrong at any time.

San Antonio XFactor EGO 11 #2 out of ?

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Ok so I am looking into buying a NT. Don't

First: Why do so many people hate on it and say bad stuff? They are terrible. That's why. They are unreliable, and cause nothing but headaches.
Second: Why did dye ever produce the NT and why did they stop making them? They shot like shit, were insanely unreliable, and people hate them.
Third: What are some upgrades worth having on it? None
Fourth: Do they still manufacture the Billy wing bolt for it? I don't think so
Finally: What is the best eye pipe to use on it? The stock one

Replies in red.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

First: Why do so many people hate on it and say bad stuff? They are terrible. That's why. They are unreliable, and cause nothing but headaches.
Second: Why did dye ever produce the NT and why did they stop making them? They shot like shit, were insanely unreliable, and people hate them.

Replies in red.

Well then could you point me to another good gun in the 400-500$ price range since you don't like the NT...

#4 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

axe, alien invasion, vice

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Axe or Alien Invasion

He's not the only one who didnt like the NT. I would like them if they were actually reliable and a true poppet. The main reason why many didnt like them was because they were used to shooting DM's, and so when they shot the NT, it was so kicky and loud that they thought it was more of a failed DM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Droid, Vice, Victory, DMs, Egos Clones, Invasion, PM8.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#7 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Droid, Vice, Victory, DMs, Egos Clones, Invasion, PM8.

What year DMs and Egos are in the 400-500$ range? And what does PM8 stand for? Proto Matrix 08?

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

You could probably get a DM8-10, and an Ego 5-9 for $500. Yes, PM8 is Proto Matrix 08. Do not confuse it with an 08PMR. They are two different markers.

I forgot to suggest pretty much every Marq.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Tell us more about what you want in a marker and we can make some bette suggestions.

#10 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Tell us more about what you want in a marker and we can make some bette suggestions.

Well. I am just starting out. I'm looking for a marker in the 450-525$ price range. I prefer used. I am looking at Dye and Planet Eclipse right now. I love the NT on paper and from the way it looks, but from what people say i dont understand. It seems like it is either a homerun or a strike out type of gun. So now I'm kinda neural, now I'm looking at other possibilities. I don't really want anything older the 09 unless the gun is really worth it. And looks do matter, no ugly guns. Lastly please state the whole name, like when you say Vice what do you mean, is that the manufacture or the marker?

#11 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Replies in red.

So when you say unreliable what do you mean? Like they break a lot? And secondly when you say they shot like shot, is that coming from a DM or Planet Eclipse standpoint? Have you shot one before?

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Well. I am just starting out. I'm looking for a marker in the 450-525$ price range. I prefer used. I am looking at Dye and Planet Eclipse right now. I love the NT on paper and from the way it looks, but from what people say i dont understand. It seems like it is either a homerun or a strike out type of gun. So now I'm kinda neural, now I'm looking at other possibilities. I don't really want anything older the 09 unless the gun is really worth it. And looks do matter, no ugly guns. Lastly please state the whole name, like when you say Vice what do you mean, is that the manufacture or the marker?

Im sorry but that doesnt really help. What looked appealing about the NT to you?

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well. I am just starting out. I'm looking for a marker in the 450-525$ price range. I prefer used. I am looking at Dye and Planet Eclipse right now. I love the NT on paper and from the way it looks, but from what people say i dont understand. It seems like it is either a homerun or a strike out type of gun.

It's a piece of crap. Theres a reason in only 2 years its worth 1/3 of its original price.

To put it in perspective, compare it with an Empire Axe, you'd think a $1500 gun from Dye would easily take the cake. The Axe is massively smoother, is reliable, alot quieter, easier to maintain, has a better trigger and is near enough just as efficient. The NT does one thing well, ergonomics, it feels better than anything to hold, but it no where near makes up for all its downfalls.

If you like the look of Dye guns get a proper one, a DM11 has all the upsides of the NT with none of the drawbacks.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#14 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Im sorry but that doesnt really help. What looked appealing about the NT to you?

I like the way it looks massively and it seemed like a good gun at a good price, i like the milling and details on it mostly. I'm really just looking for a good and not labor intensive marker that will last me for years and will throw ropes no problem.

#15 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Well. I am just starting out. I'm looking for a marker in the 450-525$ price range. I prefer used. I am looking at Dye and Planet Eclipse right now. I love the NT on paper and from the way it looks, but from what people say i dont understand. It seems like it is either a homerun or a strike out type of gun.

It's a piece of crap. Theres a reason in only 2 years its worth 1/3 of its original price.

To put it in perspective, compare it with an Empire Axe, you'd think a $1500 gun from Dye would easily take the cake. The Axe is massively smoother, is reliable, alot quieter, easier to maintain, has a better trigger and is near enough just as efficient. The NT does one thing well, ergonomics, it feels better than anything to hold, but it no where near makes up for all its downfalls.

If you like the look of Dye guns get a proper one, a DM11 has all the upsides of the NT with none of the drawbacks.

How much would a used DM11 put me back? Cause I know a buddy selling a LNIB DM12 for 700$ but i dont have that much cash or I would of picked it up... :(

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Egos arent honestly too great. Why not look at the Alien Invasion, properly named the "Ego Killer"
There's also the Empire Axe.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 silvere108

silvere108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

How much would a used DM11 put me back? Cause I know a buddy selling a LNIB DM12 for 700$ but i dont have that much cash or I would of picked it up... :(

DM 9-13 will all shoot pretty close. The 9 or 10 will be $350-400 and great choices of you want a Dye or just a spool valve gun. DMs change very little from year to year. That said there are a ton of choices in this used market $500 range.

You seem to want, used super gun, single tube, low maintenance (cause you are new), reliable and good ergonomics. With that in mind, I'd advise; Eclipse Geo 1 or 2, Mac Dev Clone or Clone VX, Bob Long Victory, or DM 9-11.

These are all solid choices, all have their pros and cons. I'd take this info to the vs forum and do a little research. Good luck.
Thread Killer!

#18 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

definitely do not get a nt, my team mate had nothing but problems with his

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#19 AbstractPB

AbstractPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

DM 9-13 will all shoot pretty close. The 9 or 10 will be $350-400 and great choices of you want a Dye or just a spool valve gun. DMs change very little from year to year. That said there are a ton of choices in this used market $500 range.

You seem to want, used super gun, single tube, low maintenance (cause you are new), reliable and good ergonomics. With that in mind, I'd advise; Eclipse Geo 1 or 2, Mac Dev Clone or Clone VX, Bob Long Victory, or DM 9-11.

These are all solid choices, all have their pros and cons. I'd take this info to the vs forum and do a little research. Good luck.

When you say Bob Long Victory, which one do you mean. The ones I see are newer and run about 1000...

#20 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

You could probably get a DM8-10, and an Ego 5-9 for $500. Yes, PM8 is Proto Matrix 08. Do not confuse it with an 08PMR. They are two different markers.

I forgot to suggest pretty much every Marq.

You can get an Ego 10 for $500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users