73 replies to this topic

#51 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Haha no. Did you not read the rest of my earlier post? I like to assert my dominance anywhere I go. Especially with the experienced guys. It drives me. My ego drives me. Just that with beginners, I'll assert my dominance to let them know that I'm better than them so they can trust what help I give them.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#52 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

again... asserting your dominance on renters? you sond like a world class jack ass... and the kind of person that would be run off the fields i play at... from what i am seeing here from you on the forums, its people like you that chase away new players, and make them not want to continue playing... if you cant turn off the tourny switch when playing with non tourny players and jsut have fun, then dont play with renters, you give the rest of us a bad name....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#53 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

When I play the renters, Instead of even shooting them, I just run around with spray paint.

If I get close enough to bunker them, I simple just sneak up from behind, and give them a big ol' bear hug. And sometimes a kiss on the cheek. :dodgy:
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#54 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Oh, I read them. Here, I'll bring them up so we are all on the same page here.

Ill be the dominant one. Ill make them know it. I want them to know I'm better. When they know that after the first game or so, I'm super helpful and active, even lending the OTHER rentals my marker if I'm out and they ran out of air.

Hmmm, it says here that you will "be the dominant one". Considering we are talking about how we act around renters, by that context it would seem that you enjoy asserting your dominance on renters.

No, it's more that I know that I'm better.

If you know that you are better, why do you feel that you must state this outright? That is a telltale sign of an inferiority complex.

Ehh why not. Superiority Complexs are usually fake. I am not when I'm at the field. I am better than them. I'd assume it's the superiority complex that makes want to drive into their heads that I am.

I guess it is easier to just agree with someone instead of defending your postition. Hard to see how you assert your dominance when you cannot even defend your own opinion.

Well I wanted it to be at least a little related to the topic :P I was just hoping saying that would prevent me from hijacking the thread.

And this one. When I confront you about your attitude, you try to change the subject. Now that I won't drop it, you try to imply something in an earlier post to show that I was wrong the whole time, when in fact I am not. If you like to assert your dominance wherever you go, do it. Assert your dominance for me. It will amuse me.

I understand that your ego drives you, a number of people are driven to maintain a self-image that may or may not be accurate. So your goal is to show up with some elitist attitude in hopes that people will buy into that bullshit and trust you? I'm guessing this is where the Disruptive sales pitch comes in, am I wrong?

EDIT: The accursed double post.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 14 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#55 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Haha no. Did you not read the rest of my earlier post? I like to assert my dominance anywhere I go. Especially with the experienced guys. It drives me. My ego drives me. Just that with beginners, I'll assert my dominance to let them know that I'm better than them so they can trust what help I give them.

...You were being serious?

#56 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Establish an image of a good player in their group
Establish that said good player is confident.
Express willingness to help.

It seems to have been working for me. The first game ill play, I'll tear it up. There, now they know I'm good. Then they normally ask me about something on my gear. I informatively tell them about it. In game, command them. It'd surprise you how many college players will just think you're just another rich kid. I'd feel bad if any player wanted advice on how to start paintball when I was nearby and I didn't imput my knowledgable advice. So in order for them to at least believe me or even consider it, I need to put myself in charge or a dominating role in their heads to establish a trust of a certain degree.

#57 Dev.

Dev.

Totally a sophomore member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Or just be like, "Do you need any help?"

PonyBounceSig.gif

#58 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Or just be like, "Do you need any help?"

#59 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

if you feel the need to "assert your dominance" ver then for them to take you and your advice seriously then you are going about it all wrong... if people are not taking your seriously without you "tearing it up" on the field, its most likely because you look like and come across as a douchebag both on an off the field...

i've been playing for over 10 years now... the people at the fields i attend that are sought out for advice are the ones that are team players... tehy are the players that will go out with renters and play hopper ball with a pump... or will hand off their gun to a renter for a game and use the rental gun... they are the players that show that playing the game is all about having fun and enjoying your time on the field... those that show up at trying to assert the dominance ont he field, then but in and help everyone there come across looking like jackasses... if you really are a good player, or want to be viewed as one, asserting yoru dominance is the wrong way to go about it... and again i will say, yo jsut make the rest of us look bad, those of us who do have skill, and who do actually help people, without having to shit on them to "assert our dominance"
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#60 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Establish an image of a good player in their group
Establish that said good player is confident.
Express willingness to help.

It seems to have been working for me. The first game ill play, I'll tear it up. There, now they know I'm good. Then they normally ask me about something on my gear. I informatively tell them about it. In game, command them. It'd surprise you how many college players will just think you're just another rich kid. I'd feel bad if any player wanted advice on how to start paintball when I was nearby and I didn't imput my knowledgable advice. So in order for them to at least believe me or even consider it, I need to put myself in charge or a dominating role in their heads to establish a trust of a certain degree.

Oh, so you only try to appear to be a good player. That makes more sense. If you were actually one of the better players, with that attitude, I wouldn't be surprised that Disruptive is more obscure.

I guess we'll assume that buying Disruptive is helping. How is telling people to buy a certain product, that may or may not be dogshit, help somebody? All you do is push somebody to buy a product from a company you are somewhat affiliated with. What makes you different from a telemarketer?

Command them? You must be trolling me, or you are full of shit. Why the hell would you command renters? That's a good way to run them off the field, right into the pro shop so you can get them to buy some fucking Disruptive shit. I guess you would feel bad if you didn't hawk Disruptive at every person you see, you certainly do the same all over the forums.

Another thing, being good at the field requires actually being good. Walking around looking all "agg" and putting on a show just makes you an ass. And it makes us all look bad. Please, check yourself and shape the fuck up.

#61 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Do you not know anything about me whenever I go play? The reason I play with renters is not because I'm not good enough to go against the experienced group, it's because, mind you, that I bring people monthly from my school to go play paintball for their first time, or bring people out for their second time, and I feel that they need to be shown the ropes. And to top it all off, how many times have I tried to spread out the concept of musketballing against renters because I find it makes them feel safer? Look at this beauty that I use so very often on recball days:
Posted Image

Or I'll even use some sort of melee device such as a foam stick. I tear it up for the first game to as proof that the stuff I say when I play or advice I give isn't half assed information given by that guy who goes once or twice a year. I know what I'm doing. It's pretty hard to get people to believe you when you're a 5'5" dark Filipino kid, despite all the informative advice I'm giving.

To point something out. I feel that the fact that I recommend Disruptive is skewing your thoughts about the subject and angering you. Do you know how often recballers ask for what pants to get? or what Jersey to get? Near to never. Barrels? Everyone at Disruptive recommends them Disruptive barrels anyways, so it doesn't really matter. So lets throw this hole Disruptive thing out of the picture, and talk about the rentals. Do I ass around to them? No. I definitely take charge. But why shouldn't I? I agree command was a bad word for it, but why shouldn't they get advice of when to move up or where they are or where to shoot?

Also, I see we have spectators

Edited by Orange Chicken, 14 May 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#62 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

the fact that you feel you need to "tear it up" the first game speaks volumes... it says that you feel the need to put them in their place so they know you are better then them... who fucking cares if you are better then renters... if they want to ask for your help, they will, regardless of if you shit on them or not... they are more likely to ask for your help if you are humble....
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#63 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

At first I was reading this thread like
Posted Image

But then i was all
Posted Image

Posted Image

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#64 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Do you not know anything about me whenever I go play? No, and at this point I'd prefer not to. The reason I play with renters is not because I'm not good enough to go against the experienced group And now the truth comes out., it's because, mind you, that I bring people monthly from my school to go play paintball for their first time, or bring people out for their second time, and I feel that they need to be shown the ropes But, if you are not good enough to compete with the experienced players, how can you show people the ropes?. And to top it all off, how many times have I tried to spread out the concept of musketballing I don't know, once? Just now, maybe? against renters because I find it makes them feel safer? Look at this beauty Not much of a beauty. that I use so very often on recball days:
Posted Image

Or I'll even use some sort of melee device such as a foam stick. I tear it up for the first game to as proof that the stuff I say when I play or advice I give isn't half assed information given by that guy who goes once or twice a year "Buy disruptive everything" is still half assed advice. I know what I'm doingReally? I couldn't tell. It's pretty hard to get people to believe you when you're a 5'5" dark Filipino kid Whoa, no need for the race card in here., despite all the informative advice I'm giving.

#65 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

No, and at this point I'd prefer not to. The reason I play with renters is not because I'm not good enough to go against the experienced group

As much as I am tickled pink, I'd like to point this out. Reading skills are essential to internet arguments.

#66 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Orange Chicken, after what I have heard you say over this thread, I have had enough of your bullshit and I lost all respect for you. I just sent an E-Mail to your beloved sponsor Disruptive about your unruly and self centered attitude. Would you like me to PM it to you? Or would you like for me to post it right here? Choice is yours.

#67 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I view renters as the future of our sport and I treat them well. The way I see it is, if you make their first paintball experience good, hopefully they will come back and bring others into the sport. In fact, last time I played there were 3, I'd say 10 year old's behind one bunker and so I decided I would not bunker them because I didn't want to hurt them in their first experience (Clearly it was their first time and I heard them say it was too). So, I ran way wide, shot 2 of the three kids and let the last one shoot me on purpose. The kid was sooooo excited and happy to get someone out.

Made me feel real good to make some new players have a good time.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#68 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

No, and at this point I'd prefer not to. The reason I play with renters is not because I'm not good enough to go against the experienced group

As much as I am tickled pink, I'd like to point this out. Reading skills are essential to internet arguments.

Alright, sure. You can chalk this up as a win, because I'm done.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 14 May 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#69 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

yeht inb4l

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#70 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Orange Chicken, after what I have heard you say over this thread, I have had enough of your bullshit and I lost all respect for you. I just sent an E-Mail to your beloved sponsor Disruptive about your unruly and self centered attitude. Would you like me to PM it to you? Or would you like for me to post it right here? Choice is yours.

PM it to me. It feels more special that way. And bullshit such as...? I play well the first game, then tone it down to the point that I use a foam stick for the rest of the day? Is that it? That's some fun bullshit I'll say, for me and the renters.

#71 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Alright, sure. You know what you did, and what you said, but if you feel the need to edit your own post and try to pass it off as a misunderstanding on my part, fine. You can chalk this up as a win, because I'm done.

Just sayin, but he didn't edit his post... You have it quoted on one of your replies.

#72 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

inb4L

#73 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Oh I've been done B)
There are things worth it in paintball honestly. An Axe, or a used Clone GT
There are things not worth it in paintball. This whole discussion, for example, or an Ego9 for 500.

This. This was a fun little exchange. Sorry you had to get mad I guess? Anywhoo, I still respect you Predator47, to some decent degree. But don't take this as apologetic, because it's really not, because if you try to reference this controversal post to try invalidating ANY legitimate advice I give, I'm going to call bullshit.

#74 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

any legit advice you give is already invalid based on your attitude...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 14 May 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users