14 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

I play woodsball and I really like the extcy because you can switch modes on the fly. I really like the etha because it has a better barrel than the extcy. I don't like the extcy because its ion threaded. I don't like the etha because it can't switch modes on the fly and has few modes. Give your opinion
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

The etha is overpriced for what you get. The barrel isn't really "better" in the grand scheme of things because neither one has a full barrel kit. Ion threads aren't really a disadvantage, you can get plenty of barrel kits such as the freak in ion threads. Don't let the barrel be the selling point, it's replaceable. The extcy barrel is well made and long enough to point it without issues.

#3 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Extcy + barrel > etha and still costs less.

To be honest, you will not be switching modes often even if you are able. It just doesn't happen. I played a scenario for 8 hours last month on the exact same fire mode the whole time.

Edited by Vhyrus, 14 May 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#4 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

To be honest, you will not be switching modes often even if you are able. It just doesn't happen. I played a scenario for 8 hours last month on the exact same fire mode the whole time.

This guy speaks truth. I've switched modes once while in a game, and that was to go from full auto to semi.

I just wish I could choose which modes I switched between. I may actually use it then.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#5 Croseven

Croseven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

The etha is overpriced for what you get. The barrel isn't really "better" in the grand scheme of things because neither one has a full barrel kit. Ion threads aren't really a disadvantage, you can get plenty of barrel kits such as the freak in ion threads. Don't let the barrel be the selling point, it's replaceable. The extcy barrel is well made and long enough to point it without issues.

I agree with this!

And also this!

I would say etha isn't that overpriced because of the packaging is good (full colour manual, spare part kit, tools kit, hard case,...) but I would love to see the price to drop about $50!

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

used axe
/endthread

#7 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

the etha just doesnt have the quality to be priced at 400 imo. the extcy is great for the price new, but.. you could take the money you would spend on an etha and get a used axe, invasion, or vice.

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

But it can always be considered that the extcy can be had on the cheap used as well if you aren't looking to spend 300 on a gun just yet.

Edited by TotallyNotAKeeFanboy, 14 May 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#9 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

But it can always be considered that the extcy can be had on the cheap used as well if you aren't looking to spend 300 on a gun just yet.

this is true as well.

#10 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks guys, just as a note, these will be my first electronic marker, right now I have an alpha black
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Extcy is better. Barrel doesn't matter anyways, neither is more accurate. Especially for the price. The Etha isn't really that good anyways; you might as well save money and go with an eXTCy.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is a two inch longer barrel on a worse marker worth $150 to you?

New eXTCy or used Axe hands down.

#13 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I can't change the modes on the fly with the extcy. It may take like 30 sec to 2 minutes to change it in the bush.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#14 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

I agree with this!

And also this!

I would say etha isn't that overpriced because of the packaging is good (full colour manual, spare part kit, tools kit, hard case,...) but I would love to see the price to drop about $50!

Got mine on sale for $350 ;)

The Etha is pretty great to me, just not worth $400. Shot quality killed it for me.
You can change modes on the etha extremely quick if you know all the color codes.

I would say if you go with an etha, go used. I see them all the time for $250-$300 on PBN, and they're in pretty good condition. But keep in mind, the shot quality isn't the best.

#15 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

used axe
/endthread

This for sure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users