• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Advision

Advision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Alright so im considering getting a mini and i was looking for some advice from some mini owners or just some experinced paintball players. Bassically what i would like to know if is this gun has an problems cause ive talked to mini owners and they like it most of the time but all the paintball players at my school say its a crap gun . But personally i like how it feels ive never shot one but ive shot an axe and that gun was sexy so let me know guys if you think i should consider purchasing one.

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

the mini is a decent gun. definetly not the best for the price. the trigger sucks and it is smaller than an axe. if your ok with it, in the used market, you can way better guns for the price. you can get a used axe for the same price as a mini.

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Think of it as a rougher shooting axe that is smaller and sloppier trigger. Personally I think its a great marker, but the eXTCy will beat it bang per dollar wise. But try holding a few markers and go from there. Used eteks are also good, used axes, eNVys.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

If you go used you can get one really cheap, in which case there would be nothing wrong with having one if you don't mind the ergos/ trigger.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

If it's cheap used, why not. But new? There are better options. The trigger isnt very good, and the ergos are eh. Used? Look at the Empire Axe. New at that price I'd say to look at the eXTCy.

Prepare yourselves for Jurzy to find this topic.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 14 May 2013 - 10:16 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Alright so im considering getting a mini and i was looking for some advice from some mini owners or just some experinced paintball players. Bassically what i would like to know if is this gun has an problems cause ive talked to mini owners and they like it most of the time but all the paintball players at my school say its a crap gun . But personally i like how it feels ive never shot one but ive shot an axe and that gun was sexy so let me know guys if you think i should consider purchasing one.

Mini is a perfectly fine marker.There are some flaws but, could be overlooked easily by someone who just entered the sport. The trigger is meh, and asa is kinda a pain and overall it's not really a soft shooting marker or a quiet marker but, it is small and very light and compact. Many people buy the mini and is a very common marker. You can find used ones for easliy under $200.

Edited by zecrom_89, 14 May 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#7 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ergos are all on the person. I personally really like the how the mini feels in the hands.

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ergos are all on the person. I personally really like the how the mini feels in the hands.

Normally people that are on the taller side with bigger hands can't stand it. I can hold the gun with my thumb around the grip and my fingers will wrap around the foregrip. It's that small. If your hands aren't big you may like it. Just have to try it out.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm a smaller guy. I don't even like it. But that's just me, I like the feel of either normal sized guns or larger guns.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

If you buy it new I will say no, if you buy it used I say do it.

#11 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dear diary, today kingJurzy didn't slam on the mini. Strange things have been happening on techpb today...

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Dear diary, today kingJurzy didn't slam on the mini. Strange things have been happening on techpb today...

TechPB Tuesday

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

It pisses me off when you can buy a used axe for the price of a new mini

#14 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

never owned one have shot one

-trigger is crap
-shoots not to bad
-know some people who love the thing to death
-know some other people who want to burn it to death

- so id say if you like it get it my only problem is that horrible trigger lol.
but as king said try and get a used one but look for one with a upped trigger, would save you some money and fix the only problem i have ever seen.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#15 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

its all personal preference...

that's it...

you don't like it... you don't like it, you like it, shoot it... That's it. People will try to over saturate this entire problem about a marker.

You don't like it, just don't shoot it.

/thread

#16 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

You're awfully pleasant, today. You get laid or something?

I know, huh?

its all personal preference...

that's it...

you don't like it... you don't like it, you like it, shoot it... That's it. People will try to over saturate this entire problem about a marker.

You don't like it, just don't shoot it.

/thread

This! If you try it and you like it, that's all that matters. It's all personal preference. I have a MINI and I like it. My friend has an Axe. I like it, too. SOmething about the fore grip really feels good in my hand. I'm not good enough at walking the trigger yet to tell you anything about that but it's a whole lot quieter than my Spyder Xtra and shoots a lot softer.

The best piece of advice I've been given on this forum is to try it. Whatever you're interested in, try it and a bunch of others and make up your own mind. The best equipment is the equipment that suits you the best.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#17 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

I love my mini it shoots quieter and smoother than the pmr and reflex, its light, and reliable. Yes the stock trigger is crap but with a little easy adjustments its not even a problem. I only play semi so yes I do care about triggers and it isn't that bad after you adjust it so all you haters be quiet. Here is what you do.
1. Make the trigger itself farther out thus making it have a longer pull.
2. Then, move the activation point up to the front and your good to go.

Way you don't have to have your hand really tight inside the trigger area and you don't have to pull it very far.

Ohio Raiders 

#18 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

I love my mini it shoots quieter and smoother than the pmr and reflex, its light, and reliable. Yes the stock trigger is crap but with a little easy adjustments its not even a problem. I only play semi so yes I do care about triggers and it isn't that bad after you adjust it so all you haters be quiet. Here is what you do.

Way you don't have to have your hand really tight inside the trigger area and you don't have to pull it very far.

Aren't you exaggerating abit saying the mini is quieter than a reflex? I heard each shoot before and the reflex and rail are definitively quieter.

#19 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

You could buy an after market trigger and you'd be pretty much set if you like the ergo.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#20 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Aren't you exaggerating abit saying the mini is quieter than a reflex? I heard each shoot before and the reflex and rail are definitively quieter.

It's a close one but I have extensively used both and the mini is better.., or mine is just amazing.

Ohio Raiders 

#21 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Great little gun, super tight but not the best trigger

#22 mattfat31

mattfat31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

If your going to get a mini get a used one

#23 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

I thought of getting a new mini, but then I went into my local shop. The owner had me hold and feel the mini trigger, and then made me hold and feel the Empire Axe trigger. The Axe felt SO much better, it didn't take me but 5 minutes to make up my mind and get the Axe.
Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users