• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 wartex

wartex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

Bought a Tippmann straightline (rifled hammerhead) barrel from badlandspaintball.com for my a5. This thing is an absolute piece of shit, it's a rifled barrel that is supposed to be more accurate. I knew beforehand it was snake oil because there is no way for the rifling to grab onto the ball, but decided to give it a shot in case the air blast in the rifling adds a marginal axial spin. The spin is so crap that you can see the ball do a very lazy turn or two over 60 ft span. Undersized paint hits the rifling randomly causing randomized spin and massive spread at 25 feet.

I sent it back for a refund. Got the following email:

Unfortunately you have sent us back your item not fitting our return requirements. I will require you to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss the shipment of this item back to you. I do apologize for this, but the exterior packaging is missing and we cannot accept this product for a return.

You can contact me directly at, 1-800-717-5314 ext.221.

Regards,
--

Mike Arnott
Help Desk
Badlands Inc.
Toll-Free Phone : 1 -800-717-5314 Ext. 221

Wtf is he talking about? Aha! Googled the images of the package. Aha! The barrel comes in a black nylon case with a zipper, and has a small cardboard sleeve with tippman logo, barcode and misc other stuff on it. Well, I only got the nylon case with the barrel, tip and bore adapters, but it did not have the cardboard sleeve.

Treatened to do a chargeback.

Got another email:

Unfortunately I cannot accept this product back for a return, I do not believe we had sent you this package without the one item that describes this product and has the barcode on it. Furthermore, If you do look at our Terms and Conditons page on our website, the product must be in brand new condition, with all original packaging. Your product has been inspected by our return/exchange represnetative and he has noted that there is wear on the barrel threads as well as this, this barrel has been used. In order for us to re-sell this item we do require the original packaging that this item was sent out in. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you but I cannot return this item for you at this time.

My black case was VERY dusty when I got it, but I figured was on the shelf for a long time. Now I thing these fuckers sent me the item someone else sent back. Also blaming me for "thread wear" - no shit sherlock, I had to screw it into my gun to try it, hence the coating on the thread is scratched, DUUH!!!

So... they do not send returns to vendors for refurbishment and/or repacking, they will resell them as brand new items. While there is nothing new about this, this is bad business, and I will tell you why: next time you buy an air tank from them, remember some kid might have stuck some grease down the fill nipple "for better seal" before sending it back and buying a different one. Now you will fill it and get your arm shredded when it diesels. And that Bob Long you just bought for $1500 might have been sent back by some youtube reviewer who fired an assload of paint thru it and just cleaned it and sent it back in the original box.

So far the standoff between me and badlands continues. This is the worst supplier to return to.

#2 shadlow

shadlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

So you think they sent you a used item because the packaging didn't have the cardboard sleeve?

What if the barrel is brand new? Half of your argument is invalid then.

And they're right for not allowing you to return it. You used it, so its no longer "brand new".

Sounds like you're having buyer's remorse and are just getting upset because they won't give you your money back on an item you already used.

You buy it, if it's detective or not as described, you return it. You don't just buy things, use them, and then return them because you don't like it. That's not how business works.

Edited by shadlow, 15 May 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Your first mistake was buying a rifled barrel, and thinking it would be more accurate.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to paintball. Since you bought a rifles barrel thinking it would spiral a ball like a bullet it is obvious that you don't know the industry.

Now you learned three things:

Rifling doesn't do what you thought.
Returns is not a right everywhere.
Used is not New.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sucks, no doubt. Two ways to go: 1) Resell the barrel on PBN or eBay (or somewhere else the anti-rifling sentiment might not be as high as it is here) and chalk up whatever money you lose to experience. 2) File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, describing the pre-existing damage to the barrel and the lack of full packaging. If it's not resolved to your satisfaction, go back to Option #1. Good luck with it.

https://www.bbb.org/...int/get-started

#6 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

It's not the store's fault that a Tippmann barrel sucks. It's not like they manufactured it and gave you a satisfaction guarantee with it.
You've got to remember how used and new works. "Like new" does not equate to "new" from a business standpoint, regardless if it's in box. If they advertised it as "used", it would have to be priced less or people will simply skip over it, causing them to lose money on the product. If they advertise it as "new", they run the risk of false advertisement.

Edited by Antonious, 15 May 2013 - 11:34 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't know why everyone is blowing up on this guy. If he didn't have the original packaging how can he send it back in any form but how it came to him?

He was a victim of false marketing, just like every single paintball player has been at some point. While its not right to accuse the store of this, it doesn't make him the bad guy for wanting to send something back that doesn't work.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 shadlow

shadlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I don't know why everyone is blowing up on this guy. If he didn't have the original packaging how can he send it back in any form but how it came to him?

He was a victim of false marketing, just like every single paintball player has been at some point. While its not right to accuse the store of this, it doesn't make him the bad guy for wanting to send something back that doesn't work.

The thing is it does work. He's trying to send it back because he doesn't like it. That's not how it works.

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,899 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to paintball. Since you bought a rifles barrel thinking it would spiral a ball like a bullet it is obvious that you don't know the industry.

Now you learned three things:

Rifling doesn't do what you thought.
Returns is not a right everywhere.
Used is not New.

Pretty much what he said. Live and learn, and read some reviews before you buy stuff.

#10 wartex

wartex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

I see there is a lot of blame going on for "using" the barrel. There are consumer laws regulating buyers remorse and warranty. No matter what badlands says, I have a right to return a product if it does not meet the advertised specs. Return policies that require unopened items are nonsense, you cannot determine a full product quality until you use it. It's a trick that companies use to fuck you over if you are dumb enough not to fight back. Look at www.paintballgear.ca return policies, they are much more lax than badlands and they are doing just fine. Why am I returning the barrel? Because it performs worse than a smoothbore while being advertised to perform better than a smoothbore, while costing 3x as much.

They are using a technicality to refuse a refund. I suspect they are not a proper distributor so Tippmann will not issue them a credit if they send it back to them for refurbishment, so they pin the expense on me. I will fight back with chargeback with "merchant fraud" reason which is really bad for them. They have an option to retaliate with sending me to collections, which I can fight in court seeking penalties for predatory collection practices with my legal fees included (I have no problem spending several grand to prove a point). They have no evidence whatsoever they sent me a brand new item, and I have evidence it arrived with the packaging missing. So I'm looking forward to fucking steamrolling them into the ground.

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Sure. It's not like the paintball economy sucks as it is right now and that many players in Canada are dependent on Badlands to acquire their gear.
After all, it's their fault you didn't research before you bought shit that's known to be shit. :dodgy:

Edited by Antonious, 16 May 2013 - 11:42 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

You bought a product without researching it enough, it's not badlandz fault you the mannufacturer's specs aren't true. They are a store, they get the info from the product's maker and just sell the product.
You tried to return it in used condition, which doesn't meet the store's requirements. What do you expect them to do?
What's yuour evidence you didn't recieve it like new? You are missing the box? A buddy will vouch for you? Hardly any evidence.

#13 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I used to only buy things through Badlands ( 2 locations in my city) but I've have had just one too many bad situations (both in-store and through the website)so now only go to their stores if I have to. I don't mind either . There are way more local stores with better pricing and better selection in my city.

Posted Image

#14 wartex

wartex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

filed a paypal dispute, refund arrived in 1 hour

#15 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

So what have you learned from all this?

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

You can fuck any seller over with paypal dispute?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

pretty much

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#18 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wow... whatta tool. You don't deserve your money back...

#19 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Really a Paypal dispute over your stupidity?

#20 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yea too far. I'm calling the cyber police and the state police.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#21 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

I used to only buy things through Badlands ( 2 locations in my city) but I've have had just one too many bad situations (both in-store and through the website)so now only go to their stores if I have to. I don't mind either . There are way more local stores with better pricing and better selection in my city.

mind telling at least me what happened i want to know. you can PM me because i also live in Canada and i have 2 stores in my city as well and only been to one. But i have been there many times and have never had a problem. bought some stuff online and it was also fine. just wondering lol

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#22 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I knew beforehand it was snake oil because there is no way for the rifling to grab onto the ball, but decided to give it a shot in case the air blast in the rifling adds a marginal axial spin.

Well there's your problem!

My Feedback 4/0/0

#23 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

so, you buy a product knowing full well it won't work, use it, then get pissy because a company won't take it back after your little "trial"
This isn't how business works, if every company did this, they would go bankrupt.

#24 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

that's like buying a video game that you're unsure about. breaking open the packaging, redeeming codes inside, playing for 5 minutes, saying it's bullshit. then proceeding to try and return it for what you paid for, even though you've used it and it's not in the same condition as new.

you know this is 100% your fault right? research stuff before you buy it. i research for almost weeks before i buy anything. you don't deserve to get your money back. take a lesson from this: you're a brat. don't expect stuff like this to happen very often. get your shit together and be mature about it.

Edited by LUXOR54, 19 May 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#25 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

double post

Edited by LUXOR54, 19 May 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#26 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

I knew beforehand it was snake oil because there is no way for the rifling to grab onto the ball, but decided to give it a shot in case the air blast in the rifling adds a marginal axial spin.

Well there's your problem!

Dot!

#27 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

the mailman should shit in his mailbox. then badlands should send him shit from all employees.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#28 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Alright guys, the point's been made.
Let's not flame him any further.

Edited by Antonious, 19 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#29 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Granted what he did is suspect but we have all had problems returning something at one time or another

#30 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

yea.. Badlands sucks bro
109.gif

#31 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

I hear you guys. Unfortunately there are only two stores in my area and its one of them aand the other store isn't much better. In fact its the other store that has given me problems rerurning products. I have no loyalty to a store I go with who has the best price for what I'm look for. Luckily they are literaly acrodd the street from each other so ots easy to check prices

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I hear you guys. Unfortunately there are only two stores in my area and its one of them aand the other store isn't much better. In fact its the other store that has given me problems rerurning products. I have no loyalty to a store I go with who has the best price for what I'm look for. Luckily they are literaly acrodd the street from each other so ots easy to check prices

are you Canadian? Sound like you're talking about badland's and Premium?
109.gif

#33 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

pretty much

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#34 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

are you Canadian? Sound like you're talking about badland's and Premium?

Yes I am and yes I am

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users