• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

So I'm thinking of getting into the tournament scene sometime soon, I've been playing for around 7 months now and I've taken part in a couple friendly tournament days and come out amongst the top players each time so I would place my self in the intermediate class. I've heard it's quite expensive to keep up with the cost of tournaments having to pay the entry fee's and what not along with all the paint. Though I'm not exactly a budget baller, I can definitely afford to keep myself stocked up on tournament paint and I have a stable income. I already have quite a decent set up (I'll leave it below).I've asked around and talked to players who have been in tournaments but I would also like to get a general idea what it's like from the view of players on this forum. I just want to hear some feedback from players who have previously played in tournaments or are currently doing so, and also could someone please take a look at my setup and tell me if my it's "tournament worthy". I've gathered a couple guys who are more or less at my level of play and are interested in starting a team, they all have very decent set ups as well (Etha's, Eteks, Axes, Halos, Rotors, etc.) Thanks for any Feedback! Sorry if that was a bit long.

Setup:

GoG eXTCy w/ Firebolt, 360 QEV, Q - Lock, Violent Trigger and macronline hose kit. (also thinking of getting the freak barrel kit)
Empire Scion with Virtue speed feed for the Halo Too (Averages about 22 - 25 BPS) but I'm considering upgrading to a Spire/Rotor/Prophecy
Guerilla Air 48ci 4500psi + tank cover and a back up 68ci Aluminum 3000psi
Dye i4 Gold + Extra Lense + Valken head wrap + Empire Vidar as a back up
Dye Preformance Top and Slide Shorts
Eclipse Gen 2 elbow and knee pads
Empire 4 + 7 podpack
Dyetree orange C13 jersey and pants
Empire Transit Breed Gear Bag and Empire Day Pack
Spyder neck protector
A ton of GXG pods
GXG pod caddy (1000 balls)
I typically use G.I sportz 4 star or Empire Evil for serious play.

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

That is WAY more than satisfactory gear for tournies. The best thing you can do to prepare is practice and scrimmage, run drills, etc.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

It's fine for tournaments if that's what you're asking. I use an eXTCy and a halo in tournies and it's fine for it. Just get some people and hop in!

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

That is WAY more than satisfactory gear for tournies. The best thing you can do to prepare is practice and scrimmage, run drills, etc.

I've got a field quite nearby where I live so I'll be sure to utilise it whenever I can, thanks for the feedback!

It's fine for tournaments if that's what you're asking. I use an eXTCy and a halo in tournies and it's fine for it. Just get some people and hop in!

Yeah I'm also quite happy with my eXTCy. Thanks!

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Maybe a larger tank if you want. A 48 is pretty small as far as air capacity goes, especially on an eXTCy. In tournaments expect to be shooting a ton of paint per point.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Maybe a larger tank if you want. A 48 is pretty small as far as air capacity goes, especially on an eXTCy. In tournaments expect to be shooting a ton of paint per point.

A 68 4500 is actually one of the things I'm looking to get in the near future, A 48 was in my budget at the time when I purchased all my fundamental gear. Thanks again for the feedback!

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

A 68 4500 is actually one of the things I'm looking to get in the near future, A 48 was in my budget at the time when I purchased all my fundamental gear. Thanks again for the feedback!

Look used. You can find a used Ninja tank in great condition with a few years left in hydro for about $120.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Look used. You can find a used Ninja tank in great condition with a few years left in hydro for about $120.

I'll look out for some second hand ones that aren't due for hydro in a while. Thanks!

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 17 May 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#9 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

definetly this^
exactly what i did.

#10 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

definetly this^
exactly what i did.

Yeah I looked around the used tanks section and there seems to be a few 68s in pretty good condition.

#11 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Definitely get a 68, some points will be long, and gruesome.

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#12 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Definitely get a 68, some points will be long, and gruesome.

Yeah I wouldn't want to move up the field only to discover I'm running low on air. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 18 May 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#13 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Just go play! Definitely expensive but worth it.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#14 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Just go play! Definitely expensive but worth it.

Yeah I agree! It's a great sport even at the cost.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users