• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

We have about 500 feet long by 150 feet wide of lightly wooded area to mess with. Trying to think of key structures we need and how the course should be set up. So far I have a side that's the defending side with a base/fort on it and the attacking side doesn't have much at the base. There's a lot throughout the middle though, just random little things. What are some awesome structures that I could build for bunkers for certain game types?

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Build a field with tons of cool cover, some trenches are always fun, and maybe something big in the center.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Right now I'm thinking about a fort on one side as a base, then a tower in the middle, with houses on either side of it against the boundary!

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Sounds awesome!

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Definitely have some interesting area in the center where people will fight to get an advantage. For the teams forts all you have to do is place a good amount of bunkers like wooden walls. Trenches are always a good idea as stated by Orange Chicken. Also some sniping platforms, not too high up, would be nice.

#6 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm just trying to make sure I balance out the obstacles well, not overcrowd but have plenty

#7 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Could you tell me a theme you would like?

I want to design something, but knowing what you would like to see would be beneficial.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#8 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

https://tinkercad.co...st-field-1/edit

#9 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

https://tinkercad.com/things/3tHPxyPU3iF-test-field-1/edit

wait... how did you do this?? Is it a free program?

and the theme, idk? Haven't really thought about that yet, just trying to make a sweet compact woodsball field that has the capability to play a bunch of different game types! haha

#10 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

The program is online and free but it will be discontinued soon. Its tinkercad.com. Also I was thinking something like military vs natives for control of the temple. Half the field will have 3rd world style bunkers while the other is a military style. That way I know how I can design the "filler" bunkers.

#11 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

The program is online and free but it will be discontinued soon. Its tinkercad.com. Also I was thinking something like military vs natives for control of the temple. Half the field will have 3rd world style bunkers while the other is a military style. That way I know how I can design the "filler" bunkers.

Ah for real?? When will it be discontinued? I love it! Haha

and yeah I gotcha, I'm not really sure what I was thinking as far as theme. It's not really big enough and we don't have the resources right off to make it all out, but I definitely had Red vs Blue going on haha and I had thought about it being maybe like a fort on one side for the blue team and then the red team is more like the guerilla warfare side with a camp to start out with, and there will be a tower, and houses in the center?? That way we can play domination, ctf, bomb, etc.

#12 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Ah for real?? When will it be discontinued? I love it! Haha

and yeah I gotcha, I'm not really sure what I was thinking as far as theme. It's not really big enough and we don't have the resources right off to make it all out, but I definitely had Red vs Blue going on haha and I had thought about it being maybe like a fort on one side for the blue team and then the red team is more like the guerilla warfare side with a camp to start out with, and there will be a tower, and houses in the center?? That way we can play domination, ctf, bomb, etc.

Understood.

Also upon further reviewing the blog I found that they were bought by Autodesk so the site supposedly will keep running.

I am thinking of what I can design with your parameters.

#13 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here's some of the work I've done so far, these aren't in any particular layout, they are just bunker ideas from things I've thought of or seen at other fields!

https://tinkercad.co...H93-caleb-adams

#14 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

That is cool. Now that I think about I should be able to make design bunkers that would be easier to build or at least something that is not a full structure. I am going to make a field using your bunker designs.

#15 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

That is cool. Now that I think about I should be able to make design bunkers that would be easier to build or at least something that is not a full structure. I am going to make a field using your bunker designs.

Sweet! Haha sounds good man! How do you change the size of your workspace though??

#16 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Sweet! Haha sounds good man! How do you change the size of your workspace though??

You will be unable to. It's best to scale down all of your objects to increase available workspace. This online program does have it's limitations. Anymore thoughts in regards to your field plans?

#17 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Google sketchup is another option.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#18 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

You will be unable to. It's best to scale down all of your objects to increase available workspace. This online program does have it's limitations. Anymore thoughts in regards to your field plans?

That's about all I got so far man, been getting everything else set up right now, hoping to work more on it soon though!

#19 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

That's about all I got so far man, been getting everything else set up right now, hoping to work more on it soon though!

Cool, can't wait to see pictures and honestly if you need props or something I will be happy to help. I need some projects.

#20 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Go for it man!! Haha any help is appreciated and I'm still looking for ideas so feel free!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users