• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Where around town should I check for free stuff that could be used to build a paintball course?

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Anywhere that deals in wooden pallets.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Go to an old train yard if there is one around you, most times they give away old railroad ties for free. You might also be able to get your hands on some pallets for free or dirt cheap.

Pro tip on the railroad ties, they are very heavy, dirty, and a pain in the ass to deal with. But free is free.

#4 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

People love to give away old spools, water tower type stuff, etc.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#5 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#6 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Pallets, spools, old signs, scrap wood. Pretty much anywhere that looks like they use pallets will give them to you.

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Pallets, spools, old signs, scrap wood. Pretty much anywhere that looks like they use pallets will give them to you.

Not necessarily. Some places get them on a deposit from the company that supplies what comes in on the skid, or they reuse them or sell them to recoup some costs of running the business. It is very possible to get them for free, but not every place will just give them away en masse.

Definitely check places like power companies for spools, or even the Free section of craigslist. There are so many things you can get for free on there.

#8 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you for the new sig

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 20 May 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#9 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'm going to tattoo that on my dick
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#10 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thank you for the new sig

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#11 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Where around town should I check for free stuff that could be used to build a paintball course?

anything that is being remodeled or being built new, can usually find pallets, 2X4's or even partially cut pieces of plywood (can use the small pieces to fill holes in the pallets)
pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#12 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

The forest.

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

bigx's house Posted Image

#14 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

bigx's house Posted Image

I like my house. I will shoot you with something thats a lot more powerful than a paintball gun if you hurt my house!!! Posted Image

#15 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

bigx's house :rolleyes:

I like my house. I will shoot you with something thats a lot more powerful than a paintball gun if you hurt my house!!! Posted Image

Go to the industrial district and find people who make food/fertilizer/etc... they often get supplies in 55 gallon drums and International Bulk Containers (IBCs)

Also, try posting your own craigslist ad with pictures of what you want.

#16 silvere108

silvere108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Tires are free at the dump in a lot of places. You can make quite an amazing field with a couple hundred tires. Just place bottom row of bunker, fill them with dirt, pound the tire sides a with rubber hammer for compression, then place the next row.....

Not really movable once your done so get it right the first time.
Thread Killer!

#17 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Tires are free at the dump in a lot of places. You can make quite an amazing field with a couple hundred tires. Just place bottom row of bunker, fill them with dirt, pound the tire sides a with rubber hammer for compression, then place the next row.....

Not really movable once your done so get it right the first time.

We already have a few tires, but we're looking to expand the field so I haven't put too many permanent bunkers yet. They are definitely on the list though, I found some pictures with stuff like you're saying that were pretty sweet!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users