47 replies to this topic

#1 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

With Microsoft having just revealed the new Xbox, what are your thought so far?

I'm just gonna lay my opinion out there, fuck the next console generation and all hail the PC master race. I've been playing games on consoles for a long fucking time now, mainly because it was cheaper, starting with the N64, the Original Xbox (or was it the Xbox One?) and then the 360 and the PS3. Speaking of which, WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF A NAME IS XBOX ONE SUPPOSED TO BE? Xbox ---> Xbox 360 ---> Xbox One. WHAT THE FUCK?

The Xbox no longer have any exclusives that intrest me anymore. Halo: Reach was the last good Halo game. The reason the 360 was so good was because it focused on the games! Now it going to compete with Smart TVs and that shit.

Angry Joe summed it up pretty well.

Now i suppose it's too early to jugde the consoles based on what we know so far, but fuck man, it's not looking good.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 22 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I say let them continue with consoles. It works. And it works for the general populace. PC it's all the matter of who has the better computer and spent more money on it. I'd prefer to have my computer solely for work and classes, and have the consoles for gaming. I could have a gaming computer, but that's too much money and work.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

i will absolutely be switching from xbox to playstation at the end of the year. microsoft really fucked us on this one! paying a fee to play a used or borrowed game? are you fucking serious? microsoft has totally lost my support and will not be getting any more of my money. GET FUCKED MICROSOFT!!!!!
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I dont see why everyone seems to be up in arms over the new xbox. Im getting one eventually. Kinect always on, so what? Needs Internet alot of the time? My xbox 360 is always connected to begin with, so no deal breaker to me. Of course PC is the master race, but some games I just enjoy on consoles more, like fps and racing games. I find the xbox controllers to be more comfortable to me over Play Station controllers, so the xbox gets my vote almost every time because of that.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

As far as I have seen Microsoft doesn't really care about hardcore gamers anymore. And no, playing CoD 23 hours a day does not make you a hardcore gamer, it means you actually appreciate good games. Maybe they have some cool exclusives up their sleeves but for now its gonna be PC or PS4 for me. M$ also needs to get their shit together and make XBL even close to worth the cost, meaning absolutely flawless connections, etc.

Also I would kill to get my hands on Watch Dogs right now.

#6 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, I'm just ditching console altogether at this point. I can survive with no racing games...

I love you.

#7 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

M$ also needs to get their shit together and make XBL even close to worth the cost, meaning absolutely flawless connections, etc.

well they are upping their servers from 15,000 to 300,000.

http://gizmodo.com/t...croso-509033619

#8 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

As of right now I know nothing about the Xbox One or the PS4 as we get closer to realese then I'll have a better opinion but if I had to pick between the two I'd go with the Xbox but I will probably buy both depending if I have the money
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

M$ also needs to get their shit together and make XBL even close to worth the cost, meaning absolutely flawless connections, etc.

well they are upping their servers from 15,000 to 300,000.

http://gizmodo.com/t...croso-509033619

If it's not dedicated servers then it doesn't matter. They are running a ton of processing and storage in the cloud now so I imagine that is what they are for.

Also, why the FUCK didn't they talk about the GPU it uses? (hint: probably because it sucks)

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 22 May 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#10 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

As long as Sony doesn't do any dumb shit like make it require internet constantly or require games to be saved on the console they win the console battle. It's not gonna affect me anymore though because I'm getting my PC soon.

Posted Image

#12 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

As long as Sony doesn't do any dumb shit like make it require internet constantly or require games to be saved on the console they win the console battle. It's not gonna affect me anymore though because I'm getting my PC soon.

The "constant' online thing I read to mean multiplayer pretty much like well now

#13 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

The only thing I'm worried about with the Xbox One always being on, is the noise factor. Until I move out, my TV and my consoles are in my bedroom. So if it's always on, and too loud for me to sleep, then that's a deal breaker. Because I doubt I'd be able to sleep well if my current Xbox was constantly on.

As to the used games no longer being supported, that's a good thing, I like it. It means more money is going to the game developers, and the people who actually put their time and money into making the game what it is. Instead of buying it used and only giving your money to Gamestop. Besides, from what I've seen, all the good games are like $2 cheaper if you buy them used. And, frankly, for 2 freaking bucks, I'll buy it new, thank-you very much. I honestly haven't seen a fairly recent game I've wanted to play that had enough of a price difference to warrant me getting a used copy. But, all I really play anymore is COD, and I buy that new when it comes out, so I don't mind not being able to play used games. Like I said, it makes sure the money goes where it should, which is a good thing.

Requiring games to be saved on the console is a good thing. You're not likely to run out of space with a 500GB drive, unless you have over 75 games or so. And it means that the Xbox can run quieter and faster, since it's not constantly spinning the CD drive to read the data.

It will also be using Blu Ray, and hopefully that means they'll actually start producing games in 1080p, unlike Sony who seems content with only 720p.

I'll eventually end up buying both of the new consoles, and will own games for both of them. But I'll do what I did with the 360 and the PS3, and wait a while, so that the bugs can get fixed and the prices can reach reasonable levels. But that all depends on what price they start at. If they start above $350, I'll wait, unless they're only $400, then I might get them when they first come out, but I don't know.

I definitely won't be standing in line for hours upon hours to try and be the very first one to get one. But if they're a decent price, I'll probably wait a week or three for all the fanboys to fight over them, and for the stores to receive more stock.

I'm not super excited about either one, but I'm not all butt hurt and raging like so many people are.

#14 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

The only thing I'm worried about with the Xbox One always being on, is the noise factor. Until I move out, my TV and my consoles are in my bedroom. So if it's always on, and too loud for me to sleep, then that's a deal breaker. Because I doubt I'd be able to sleep well if my current Xbox was constantly on.

As to the used games no longer being supported, that's a good thing, I like it. It means more money is going to the game developers, and the people who actually put their time and money into making the game what it is. Instead of buying it used and only giving your money to Gamestop. Besides, from what I've seen, all the good games are like $2 cheaper if you buy them used. And, frankly, for 2 freaking bucks, I'll buy it new, thank-you very much. I honestly haven't seen a fairly recent game I've wanted to play that had enough of a price difference to warrant me getting a used copy. But, all I really play anymore is COD, and I buy that new when it comes out, so I don't mind not being able to play used games. Like I said, it makes sure the money goes where it should, which is a good thing.

Requiring games to be saved on the console is a good thing. You're not likely to run out of space with a 500GB drive, unless you have over 75 games or so. And it means that the Xbox can run quieter and faster, since it's not constantly spinning the CD drive to read the data.

It will also be using Blu Ray, and hopefully that means they'll actually start producing games in 1080p, unlike Sony who seems content with only 720p.

I'll eventually end up buying both of the new consoles, and will own games for both of them. But I'll do what I did with the 360 and the PS3, and wait a while, so that the bugs can get fixed and the prices can reach reasonable levels. But that all depends on what price they start at. If they start above $350, I'll wait, unless they're only $400, then I might get them when they first come out, but I don't know.

I definitely won't be standing in line for hours upon hours to try and be the very first one to get one. But if they're a decent price, I'll probably wait a week or three for all the fanboys to fight over them, and for the stores to receive more stock.

I'm not super excited about either one, but I'm not all butt hurt and raging like so many people are.

Oh no Tk likes COD oh the humanity anyway stupid bullshit aside its supposed to be quite and cool but quite is different to everybody

#15 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

PC Master race. Dropped out of console when microsoft started with their whole family and entertainment thing, looks like they are continuing with it, sincerely hope it fails. The PS4 looks pretty decent, at-least they actually focus on games.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#16 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Oh no Tk likes COD oh the humanity anyway stupid bullshit aside its supposed to be quite and cool but quite is different to everybody

I like to hear the little kids cry when I whoop them. B)

#17 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I like to hear the little kids cry when I whoop them. B)

And thats why I love you

#18 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I will either just continue to support Sony or just stick with PC, fuck the xbox. Im guessing the next step is that each time you want to flail your arms around on the kinect like a retard they will charge ya for all that flailing.

#19 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,818 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Looks like I'm out for the next gen altogether. The stupid ass focus on TV capabilities means nothing to me, I dont watch TV because I only follow maybe a handful of shows that I can usually just download anyways. Used games things kinda piss me off because of how the industry went in their production cycles... Probably 80% of the games I have played havent been worth a new buy, I just played to complete the story and move on (boy do I miss rentals...). The concept of "always on" scares me (think Sims) and that stupid shit surrounding the Connect really irks me... Will not work without it? I'm out. I don't want gimmicky bullshit that I'm forced to use, I just want to play video games.

#20 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

the "always online" isn't just for online multiplayer. you will have to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to play any games. not being able to BUY a used game is not a big deal. not being able to borrow a friends game is total and complete bullshit. not being able to rent a game is also total bullshit. I don't understand how Microsoft thought any of this was a good idea. I will be buying a PS4. the xbox exclusives are not enough to keep my interest. Halo? I don't play it. gears of war? I don't play it. forza is probably the only franchise I will miss. the xbox controller is a lot more comfortable I will admit but it does not make that big of a difference.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sony is a bunch of cunts just like Microsoft. Just look at how they sued someone who put Linux on after Sony themselves advertised it as a feature of the PS3.

#22 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

you will have to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to play any games.

What does that even... What?

I love you.

#23 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

the "always online" isn't just for online multiplayer. you will have to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to play any games.

Links?

#24 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,818 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

#25 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Sony is a bunch of cunts just like Microsoft. Just look at how they sued someone who put Linux on after Sony themselves advertised it as a feature of the PS3.

Does that matter how good a console is for gaming? No

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

^ It's like people hating something because of company history, like with smart parts.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#27 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Cliffy B tweeted something along the lines of "making a strictly gaming console in this day would be the dumbest move to make" Those aren't his exact words, but it's what I remember from his tweet.

And he's right if you really think about it.

#28 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

The used fee I believe is fake. There is no fee? You either have to play it on your account or bring the actual disc? Everything's still fuzzy as MS still hasn't given us a full view.

#29 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

the "always online" isn't just for online multiplayer. you will have to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours to play any games.

Links?

im on my work computer so it wont let me see the site where i read it but if you google "xbox one connect every 24 hours" a million links come up that talk about it

#30 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Links?

im on my work computer so it wont let me see the site where i read it but if you google "xbox one connect every 24 hours" a million links come up that talk about it

http://kotaku.com/xb...lay-o-509164109

Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."

So, like I thought, nobody really knows the truth, and probably won't know until shortly before the consoles come out. So there isn't much use pissing and moaning over rumors and speculations, because not even Microsoft knows right now.

#31 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Links?

http://kotaku.com/xb...lay-o-509164109

Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."

So, like I thought, nobody really knows the truth, and probably won't know until shortly before the consoles come out. So there isn't much use pissing and moaning over rumors and speculations, because not even Microsoft knows right now.

Too much unknown to me to make a decision on the Xbox One or PS4 they could be THE best consoles yet or they could be horrible as of right now I believe half of what I read and less of what I hear

#32 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

http://www.cracked.c...uin-everything/

Most of this stuff aren't rumors.

Everything has been said by Microsoft themselves...

Posted Image

#33 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Still too early to say anything, but it's still not looking good.

o8qo.jpg

#34 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

I dont see why everyone seems to be up in arms over the new xbox. Im getting one eventually. Kinect always on, so what? Needs Internet alot of the time? My xbox 360 is always connected to begin with, so no deal breaker to me. Of course PC is the master race, but some games I just enjoy on consoles more, like fps and racing games. I find the xbox controllers to be more comfortable to me over Play Station controllers, so the xbox gets my vote almost every time because of that.

With the PC you can use your xbox controller :P

#35 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

It's funny because MS is going to win whether or not the XBox One flops. If people switch to PC they are going to use a Windows computer..

Posted Image

#36 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

That is all

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#37 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Xbox one pre-order price (with game) : 560$

PS4 pre-order price (without game / with game) : 400$/460$

GG Microsoft

Posted Image

#38 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

lol. wow...

#39 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

And.... wait for it, $499 in the US, 499 euros in europe and you can't use the TV services because they are not available there. 499 euro is 662 dollars, GG Microsoft.

o8qo.jpg

#40 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

#41 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

jesus, BOTH... BOTH Companies could of Monopolized the gaming industry nearly over night... Xbox had an Advantage, but PS3 wasn't far behind but now, both can Eat the shit that comes from my Sphincter.

If either Company allowed Backwards play ability They would of been FAR superior to the other guy... Also, Microsoft is Fucking Retarded for the "pay us to borrow a game" What about Renting from Red Box? Are we going to be hit with 2 fees?

#42 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

I no longer care I have better things to get worked up about like which one do I buy first do I buy it before Depot or after

#43 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Microsoft really nailed this one

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#44 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

jesus, BOTH... BOTH Companies could of Monopolized the gaming industry nearly over night... Xbox had an Advantage, but PS3 wasn't far behind but now, both can Eat the shit that comes from my Sphincter.

If either Company allowed Backwards play ability They would of been FAR superior to the other guy... Also, Microsoft is Fucking Retarded for the "pay us to borrow a game" What about Renting from Red Box? Are we going to be hit with 2 fees?

Backwards compatability isnt possible due to hardware differences.

Sony is getting around this by streaming the games.

It's funny because MS is going to win whether or not the XBox One flops. If people switch to PC they are going to use a Windows computer..

Thats not quite how it works...

Posted Image

#45 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...olshare_twitter

Xbox One-80

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#46 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

but......but ......will it still watch me watch porn

#47 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

#48 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Sorry guys, I'm a little late.

But I'm not really missing anything here. For $500, i'll just build my own PC.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users