Photo

Which do you like better, PE LV1 or DYE DM12?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you like better, PE LV1 or DYE DM12? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

LV1 VS DM12

1. LV1 (10 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. DM12 (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

I unfortunately do not have the opportunity to shoot the LV1 to compare but i am trying to decide which is better. I want to start off with a couple comments about each gun.

DM12 - It is almost unanimously agreed that the dm13 is just a dm12 with different milling. There might be little changes here and there but no major changes have been made. Therefore these can be considered the same gun but dm12 has a lower price tag now.
LV1 - I am not interested in any gripes with aesthetics, like the macroline/metal tube protruding from the trigger guard. I want you to look purely at reliability, potential to fail during a match, feel in the hands, and comments of that sort. Since every review i have seen says it doesnt shoot like an ego, I want everyone to consider it a spoolie in every aspect except for the exact mechanics and how it works.

They have the same efficiency and their shot quality is apparently extremely similar. I also want you to disregard any problems that can be cured by someone performing maintenance correctly; i say this because I know there are those that dont understand how to lube their gun properly, crossthread screws, and dont know how to change orings properly. Do not consider price in your decision since the dm12 is the clear winner when it comes to price.

Now with all that aside, which gun would you rather have in your hands on the field? Why?

Additionally, if anyone knows of any problems with the LV1 i would like to hear them. I want to hear them because I already know DM12 problems because it has already been out for over a year and its problems are known. Knowing problems from both guns helps to figure out which one is actually better.

PS Yes i am biased and dislike planet eclipse and favor dye. Everyone is biased, but i am not interested in biases right now.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Well I have held both guns, except that the DM I held was an 11.
I like the feel of the LV1. It feels very secure in your hands.
The shot quality is unlike any other ego.
Reliability? Since when has that been something not expected of in this day and age for markers?

Personally, I would rather take an LV1 just so I can have the latest and greatest, but would take a DM in for their sexy variations and colors. Also, I prefer spools more. That's my bias. Much more reasonable than company hate.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 24 May 2013 - 02:20 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

An LV1 doesn't shoot at all like a DM, very similar to the G6R and somewhat like the Victory/Axe but it still doesn't compare to a balanced spool like the DM.

#4 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

i would go LV1, they shoot really nice. but they are big. like seriously hold one before you get one because they are huge.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Why would I consider a poppit a spoolie?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I said consider it a spoolie because it has a super soft shot and extremely similar efficiency to the dm12.

#7 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Poppits for efficiency. Besides I like egos.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#8 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

I shot the LV-1 this last week-eend ---- WOW!

Quiet, fast, smooth, low profile and very nice to hold.

A truly revolutionary design.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

I said consider it a spoolie because it has a super soft shot and extremely similar efficiency to the dm12.

No and no.

#10 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

as far as efficiency goes, look at mike's reviews:
DM12

8.5 pods, 4347 psi with a tank temp of 86 degrees

LV1

7.8 pods, 4214 psi with tank temp of 102.5 degrees

DM12 got a little more because it was a colder fill but these results are nearly identical. In my opinion, if I want a poppit, I want efficiency.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

as far as efficiency goes, look at mike's reviews:
DM12

8.5 pods, 4347 psi with a tank temp of 86 degrees

LV1

7.8 pods, 4214 psi with tank temp of 102.5 degrees

DM12 got a little more because it was a colder fill but these results are nearly identical. In my opinion, if I want a poppit, I want efficiency.

Mike had the LV1 set up for a soft shot, you can have it tuned/set for efficiency if you like. I have seen the 13 pods or so that HustlePB got duplicated by an LV1 from Air Assault.

#12 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Which would I rather have on the field? LV1

I've held a DM12 and HATED it. I also DO NOT like shooting stacked poppets, can't get used to them.
That being said, I would force myself to get used to an LV1 because of what it is.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users