• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thegummybeararmy

thegummybeararmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

So i recently got a Trilly sport to turn into my first pump gun and decided to test it out before i get a pump kit; everything seemed fine, i aired it up pulled the trigger slowly a few time and everything was fine but when i rapid fired it would often "burp" and wouldn't always cock, tried adjusting the hammer lug but it didn't seem to do much. I decided i would fix it later and put some paint through the gun but the balls came out with very little force and only went about 10 to 15 feet, tilted to gun back to see if it was rollout related but same result. Lastly i took the gun apart to get the feel of everything and i noticed that the back screw for the trigger frame was a bit stripped, however i only noticed it when i put the screw back in and the screw doesn't want to screw back into the gun all the way, it get stuck about halfway through and it seems as if it top big for the threading for the gun, i'm not sure if its the stock screw or not.

So with the screw i was thinking i could just pick up another one from home depot but i wasn't sure what the specs were, for the velocity i think a reg and maybe a low pressure valve and or spring kit will solve that, and as for the timing thing i just can't figure out how to fix it, since i'm turning it into a pump i figure it won't be an issue but if i decide to switch back to semi auto. Any suggestions or comments would be gratefully appreciated. I'm new to pump and to autococker but i'm doing my research and am learning fast so hopefully i won't too many more questions. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post though.

I have no idea how to use a sig....

#2 thomas mendoza

thomas mendoza

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

So i recently got a Trilly sport to turn into my first pump gun and decided to test it out before i get a pump kit; everything seemed fine, i aired it up pulled the trigger slowly a few time and everything was fine but when i rapid fired it would often "burp" and wouldn't always cock, tried adjusting the hammer lug but it didn't seem to do much. I decided i would fix it later and put some paint through the gun but the balls came out with very little force and only went about 10 to 15 feet, tilted to gun back to see if it was rollout related but same result. Lastly i took the gun apart to get the feel of everything and i noticed that the back screw for the trigger frame was a bit stripped, however i only noticed it when i put the screw back in and the screw doesn't want to screw back into the gun all the way, it get stuck about halfway through and it seems as if it top big for the threading for the gun, i'm not sure if its the stock screw or not.

So with the screw i was thinking i could just pick up another one from home depot but i wasn't sure what the specs were, for the velocity i think a reg and maybe a low pressure valve and or spring kit will solve that, and as for the timing thing i just can't figure out how to fix it, since i'm turning it into a pump i figure it won't be an issue but if i decide to switch back to semi auto. Any suggestions or comments would be gratefully appreciated. I'm new to pump and to autococker but i'm doing my research and am learning fast so hopefully i won't too many more questions. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post though.

Firstly replace your o-ring on your ivg that could be what's causing the fart and what I do to fix the velocity problem is eyther take it to a shop and if you can't do that bring it to a field that has a chronograph and unscrew the ivg infill it plateaus at about 300fps then screw it in about a half turn then do all the ajustments on your regulator also I definitely do not recommend a random screw from home depot just get a autococker screwset on eBay for like $15 ...I have a 2k5 cocker superstock that I converted to pump and I love it and It works perfectly..... Good luck ...hope I helped

#3 thomas mendoza

thomas mendoza

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Firstly replace your o-ring on your ivg that could be what's causing the fart and what I do to fix the velocity problem is eyther take it to a shop and if you can't do that bring it to a field that has a chronograph and unscrew the ivg infill it plateaus at about 300fps then screw it in about a half turn then do all the ajustments on your regulator also I definitely do not recommend a random screw from home depot just get a autococker screwset on eBay for like $15 ...I have a 2k5 cocker superstock that I converted to pump and I love it and It works perfectly..... Good luck ...hope I helped

#4 coleroeszler

coleroeszler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

take the screw to home depot in the screw isle theres a board with holes in it. put in in all the holes untill you find one that fits. read the size on that hole, and then get the same diameter, but shorter length..... or atke the screw and take a sander or grinder to it to acheive the shorter desired length..... i had the same problem with my pum and thats how i fixed it. let me know if you have any questions. good luck

#5 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

it's not too long... you're probably hitting the IVG...

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#6 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

The screw size is 10/32 in 1/2 inch length.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#7 thegummybeararmy

thegummybeararmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

So i got a new screw and was able to get the gun to cock when i pulled the trigger as fast as possible. I haven't gotten the velocity up any, The gun doesn't have a reg so i can't sweetspot it and i think the valve is a low pressure valve. Any suggestions on how to fix the velocity? At my field we are required to have our velocity very low (220 i think) so i don't need my velocity very high.

I have no idea how to use a sig....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users