Photo

JT Proflex vs Empire E-Flex

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: JT Proflex vs Empire E-Flex (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which

1. Proflex (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

2. Voted E-Flex (23 votes [74.19%])

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 iPat

iPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

I really like the idea of the breathability of the design on the proflex and eflex bottoms. My question is that are e flex's worth the extra money. I know that replacing the lense is easier on the eflex, but come on. Proflex = $63 and Eflex = $110. Are eflex's really that much better? Which should I buy?
"I have a psychological condition where I feel the need to research the shit out of anything I buy."

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Eflexs are very much more worth it. The lenses are also of better quality, and so are the ears.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 abateman1972

abateman1972

W.A.T.P FTP R.T.I.D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Eflexs are very much more worth it. The lenses are also of better quality, and so are the ears.

ye, orange hit it spot on, eats on proflexes are like nothings there and they're just a all round better quality

#4 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

I dont find it worth it. if the e flex was 85-90 bucks yes it would, but at 110 for one? the proflexes really arent that much worse,you jst have to suck up on the lens removal

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

Are quick change lenses, and "better" soft ears worth the $60 price difference to you?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 abateman1972

abateman1972

W.A.T.P FTP R.T.I.D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Are quick change lenses, and "better" soft ears worth the $60 price difference to you?

for me its only 20 so i my opinion yes, and it overall looks better

#7 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Proflex. You don't have to change lenses that often anyway

Edited by G4paintballer, 27 May 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#8 iPat

iPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

G4paintballer Exactly. Plus the thing about the ears is if I really do hate them or they rip, I can always just do event ear mod. Good to go.
"I have a psychological condition where I feel the need to research the shit out of anything I buy."

#9 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I like quick release lenses for cleaning on eflexes, could use more colors though

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Proflex + E-Vent ears > E-Flex

Damn near everyone around here that has E-Flexes uses normal flex bottoms too because they like how you get more bounces. Personally I think the E-Flex is kinda ugly too.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

for me its only 20 so i my opinion yes, and it overall looks better

Then go ahead and get it. To me it's worth it. Lenses are nice to take out so you can clean your mask after every day of play and make it near spotless, and the new ears are very nice. I prefer the newer bottoms because I hated the flared out bottoms of my proflexs, and I believe it looks slimmer and better.

#12 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Proflex + e-vent ears = win. I have both.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#13 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Proflex + E-Vent ears > E-Flex

Damn near everyone around here that has E-Flexes uses normal flex bottoms too because they like how you get more bounces. Personally I think the E-Flex is kinda ugly too.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

No quick change lenses.

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

No quick change lenses.

Money in my pocket/comfort > quick change lenses

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I still find the eflex to be better.

#17 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

I still find the proflexes to be more comfortable.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I believe what we have here is what I like to call are some good old fashioned

opinions. Get over it.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

This is a prime example of why you should try them on. Everyone is different.
Also, I have a pair of proflexs, and I find the Eflex still more comfortable.

#20 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Profits, Pillows on your face. Just hate the fact that you have to yell twice as hard for people to hear you.

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

And you it feels like you're breathing in a hot closet. Thats what it's like when you wear Profits in Arizona.

#22 iPat

iPat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

I would love to try them on along with many other masks, but I live in the middle of nowhere, with no paintball shops around.

Anyways, thanks for the opinions guys.

#23 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

I believe what we have here is what I like to call are some good old fashioned

opinions. Get over it.

This. To be honest, I really.don't care which mask you use. The only thing that matters is that it fits your head, not mine or somebody else's.

#24 thomas mendoza

thomas mendoza

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Irk I like the proflex ...to me it has better visibility

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

That it does not have. Unless you're talking about the black line. Then it makes sense.

#26 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I have eflex worth the money if you ask me. And I've tried on the profits god the foam is comfortable but they dont fit my face well

#27 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

That it does not have. Unless you're talking about the black line. Then it makes sense.

What black line the one you only see if ypu put the eflex on while sitting in you room. That thing hinders you vision none all and aren't even noticed on the field

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

...you know I'm like the biggest supporter for using the eflex. I brought it up because other people feel that that's an issue, which you are right. You never notice it on field or when you're playing.

#29 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Proflex has Pro in the name, what else could you ask for? :lol:

On that note, I have both.

#30 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Proflex has Pro in the name, what else could you ask for? :lol:

On that note, I have both.

How could you go wrong with that it must be what all the pros wear lol. Nice I have the proflex and I like the looks of the e-flex a little better but rushed into my decision and would probably switch given the choice. The ears worried me enough that I kept my beanie on this weekend in some hot muggy heat while playing, but that might of been me just being paranoid so like others have said try to find somewhere to try them on I don't know where you live but can you call around or have any buddies that have either of these if you don't live by a pro shop?

#31 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

...you know I'm like the biggest supporter for using the eflex. I brought it up because other people feel that that's an issue, which you are right. You never notice it on field or when you're playing.

Sorry if it sounded like I took a shot at you I didn't im under the same assumption that he is referring to the line

#32 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

I hear people saying would you pay extra for a quick change lense but I could say the same thing about a super loader. I thought about it does the rotor feed paint consistently yes does my invert too feed paind consistently yes biggest difference I have to take out screws to clean mine. So people do pay for the convenience

#33 jakesd1995

jakesd1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

To me the E flex is just a more expensive money grab from Empire, don't get me wrong I love them but I see no need to update the Proflex. Just get the Proflex, its half the price and just as goo plus it looks better in my humble opinion.

#34 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

To me the E flex is just a more expensive money grab from Empire, don't get me wrong I love them but I see no need to update the Proflex. Just get the Proflex, its half the price and just as goo plus it looks better in my humble opinion.

Everything hear is our opinions in the end everyone should get what they think is best. If someone likes the proflex more then they should get that. I wouldnt get a product thats more expensive if I liked the cheaper one more either. I got a eflex for the ear pads andquick change lensesbthose were thing that were important to me when I was buy so ot made sense. Its the same reason I dont have a spire or rotor. They just didnt have enough benifit over my invert too to justify the price

#35 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think the E-Flex are much better and safer. I know as a father I let my daughter try on the proflex and after seeing the poor ear protection on my little girls heads I was more than willing to pay for any of the top end mask. She picked the profits she likes the foam. I have the E-Flex because I like breathablity. As a dad I wouldn't let me kids were the Proflex. Sorry I just wouldn't period.

#36 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Check event modded proflexes, I've taken an ear shots with both. I barely felt it in the modded flexes.

#37 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

If you don't want to get shot in the ear, and want the extra ability of quick change lens, the E-flex is the way to go, but if you're okay with there being a chance of getting shot in the ear and you want to save money, go with the proflex.

#38 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

If you don't want to get shot in the ear, and want the extra ability of quick change lens, the E-flex is the way to go, but if you're okay with there being a chance of getting shot in the ear and you want to save money, go with the proflex.

I've been shot in the ear several times with mine, not a single problem. I really cant find a problem with mine

#39 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Quick change lenses. Or lack therof. And the lenses. And the ears. Again, Proflexs are okay, but the eflex is better.

#40 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've been shot in the ear several times with mine, not a single problem. I really cant find a problem with mine

Just because you have never been shot in the ear doesn't mean it has great ear protection it just mean you personally never been shot in the ear whole wearing them

#41 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Just because you have never been shot in the ear doesn't mean it has great ear protection it just mean you personally never been shot in the ear whole wearing them

Did you even read his post? This is a moot point now since the new Flexes have different ears and any Flex can have E-Vent ears added.

#42 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, if you get E-vent ears on the proflex it will be fine.

#43 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Did you even read his post? This is a moot point now since the new Flexes have different ears and any Flex can have E-Vent ears added.

You can add e-vent ears to the proflex? And I don't see anywere in the post stating they have new ears

#44 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

You can add e-vent ears to the proflex? And I don't see anywere in the post stating they have new ears

Bassfisher has a tutorial on this site. I'm too lazy to find and link it right now.

The new style Proflex

#45 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Bassfisher has a tutorial on this site. I'm too lazy to find and link it right now.

The new style Proflex

Well if the ears on it are better that is great I'm always for companies making improvement where its needed especially since I would never buy a proflex just to go look for e-vent ears to put on it. I never had anything against the proflex I think there good mask and already stated if you like them beyter or dont wanna spend the cash for a pair of e-flex then get the proflex. I just dont think personal experience makes something automatically debunk a statement about something. Like when the mini first came out and where giving trouble if you got one that worked fine you can state the your works fine but doesn't mean the product doesnt give trouble overall it just means you lucked out

#46 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

http://www.techpb.co...1

here you guys go.

#47 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Well thats an option

How much are a pair of event ears

#48 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well thats an option

How much are a pair of event ears

15 bucks maybe. but really the proflex ears arent bad. as i said before ive been hit many a time in the ear, and they hold up better than my brother's e vent ears. plus they breathe a bit better IMO

#49 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I will take your word for it while I've tried both on I never plaayed in eithet

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users