8 replies to this topic

#1 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

During the last couple of weeks i've been contemplating quitting paintball. Mostly because now that my friends are getting nice gaming rigs and i want one to, and I don't have enough money to both have a nice gaming rig and support it with games and playing paintball. So i thought that i might sell all my gear and use that money to buy a PC, then i might start paintballing again when i feel that i have enough money to do so.

Now, at the time i hadn't been playing at my best local field, and my general paintball experience up to that point this year had been pretty shitty, gun was leaking, played and wasted money on a shitty biggame and so on and so forth. So i seriously consider taking a long break and returning once i finish school and get a job.

But then, i played at my local field yesterday, it was raining, about 10 people were there, but i had an absolute blast, kicked some ass, got my ass handed to me and scared the shit out of a renter when i surrendered him. Did a kamikaze run and got a three-piece and lost a one vs. one when had a clear shot but i only shot once and it didn't break so he got me.

And that ended the thoughts of quitting, so i will be staying for quite some time more.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 27 May 2013 - 03:07 AM.

o8qo.jpg

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Well. Now I can't tell you to take a break for a while, buy a gaming rig, and return to paintball when you feel you can.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Well. Now I can't tell you to take a break for a while, buy a gaming rig, and return to paintball when you feel you can.

We'll see, since i will proably start studying at The Royal Institute of Technology some day, i that's probably exactly what i'm going to do. Since of course once you got the PC, the cost of buying games isn't really that high. But that's thinking many years in advance.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 27 May 2013 - 09:05 AM.

o8qo.jpg

#4 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

May I suggest getting a pump or a cheap mech, like the enmey, and selling all other things that aren't nessesary to play. And in the meantime save money on paint and put it in a savings for a pc.

#5 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

the easiest way to hate paintball, is to force yourself to play it

when I feel like playing paintball, I play it

When I don't, I don't

Spending money you don't have, spending time you don't have to play something that you're not in the mood to play, will certainly lead to resentment and regret towards the activity.

I've learned this a million times - when you decide to take time off from playing paintball, no one cares. And when you come back and start playing again... no one cares! So don't sweat it, it's not some major moral decision, it's not like you are quitting the Free Masons or something. It'll be here when you get back, no worries!

#6 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I have a nice gaming rig, and if you want to get one too have at it. Nobody is goin to force you to do something you don't want to do

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Personally wouldn't sell paintball gear for a computer. You can use your guns and stuff for decades, that stuff isn't going to become obsolete anytime soon. Build a gaming PC and you've got 2 years max.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm not forcing myself to play, i just had some bad luck with the walk-ons and biggames that i have been to this year. My favorite field had a late start and thus i've been forced to play at another field which isn't even half as good.

A thing to consider also is the winter over here and how long or rather short the season is. I didn't play for like 7-8 months because of that shit.

Altough now that i think about it now have have almost everything i want in terms of paintball gear (just missing a nice pair of knee pads) i will be able to save most of my money during the off-season, instead of whoring gear like i did last winter.

We'll see, just something that's been on my mind lately, not something i'm going to lose sleep over.

o8qo.jpg

#9 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Okay, this is what i've decided to do. I'm gonna play this season, then when it ends in semptember/october i'm gonna start saving money, from birthday/christmas gifts and studie grants and so on and so forth. Then, dependeing on how much money i've saved up, i'm gonna sell all my gear which i've guesstimated i'm gonna get about 750-900 dollars for. And finally buy myself a nice PC, if i have enough money. If not, just gonna keep saving untill i do. And when i feel like i have the money support playing again i'll start over from scratch.

I've set my budget at around 11 000 sek or 1650 usd and just for shits and giggles, this is what i've got so far. Of course by the time i have the money things will have changed but anyways.

Posted Image

1718 usd

Edit: Totally forgot the question i had about selling everything, would it be best to sell when the season starts again next year, around april, or maybe it doesn't matter?

Edited by Carolus Rex, 03 June 2013 - 11:28 AM.

o8qo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users