• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Spaz98

Spaz98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Alright, I know like a lot of other people I bought some .50 cal stuff to try it out. I knew it would never take over .68 cal, but I thought it would be a nice alternative for people that wanted to spend less, beginners, and maybe even replace the rental shit that fields loan out. I absolutely love the idea of .50 cal. it hurts less, uses less air, you can play entire games with just the hopper (great for new players that may not have a pack, or those of us like me that just don't really like carrying them) and they're cheaper. What I don't understand is why everyone is up and abandoning the idea altogether. Did GI, Empire and spyder all get together and think that .50 was just going to explode? They didn't need to pour gobs of money into it for it to be a viable alternative. It seems like they spent so much money in advertising a few years back and now have no money to keep even a little of it up and running. I mean seriously, I can't find anyone even making the paint anymore at all. I know there isn't a huge demand for .50 cal and may never be a big demand for it, but it is a niche that I'd like to see at least 1 or 2 companies put a tiny bit of stock into. If I could fund a tiny shop that put out .50 cal paintballs, I would make serious bank if I just sold white fill paint because that's what all the fields require on bring your own paint days. I don't know, just my rant about bringing a shimmer of life back into .50 cal. Feel free to add your thoughts, ideas, or flame away.
<!--fonto:Impact--><span style="font-family:Impact"><!--/fonto-->How long can you expect tolerance to out weigh ignorance?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,984 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Diablo and Kingman are both still making .50 paint, IIRC. Don't forget about the Splatmasters and their paint either. I especially like the splatmaster paint because it's designed for use in the Splatmaster spring guns, so it's like tourney grade .50; It's almost too brittle for normal .50 guns.

I just wish GI Milsim didn't drop off the face of the earth, they were the only ones with stock .50 guns worth shooting, and I still really want a Nano.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 27 May 2013 - 09:30 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Spaz98

Spaz98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Diablo and Kingman are both still making .50 paint, IIRC. Don't forget about the Splatmasters and their paint either. I especially like the splatmaster paint because it's designed for use in the Splatmaster spring guns, so it's like tourney grade .50; It's almost too brittle for normal .50 guns.

I just wish GI Milsim didn't drop off the face of the earth, they were the only ones with stock .50 guns worth shooting, and I still really want a Nano.

You should try the conversion kit from PE. I bought old shit .50 cal paint from my local shit shop here in memphis and tried it out. Worked like a champ. Kingmann only makes orange and yellow fill unfortunately. I can't use that at my field, even on byop days. And as far as Diablo is concerned, I did a search for them and it brought me to empirepaintball.com. So, I'm assuming that diablo is owned by them and even on their home site they aren't showing any .50 cal paint. Every dealer site I've found with diablo paintballs has them all listed as discontinued. And of those that have stock left, none of them are white fill.
<!--fonto:Impact--><span style="font-family:Impact"><!--/fonto-->How long can you expect tolerance to out weigh ignorance?<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#4 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Bought a GI paintball milsim marker and a spyder 50 cal both sucked ars

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,984 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Which GI milsim was it? I've always had a thing for the Nano, and if I was to ever get a dedicated .50 gun, that would be it.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#6 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

It was was the G150 paid 200 up front....biggest money waste every...They are okay for rentals but competitave wise you would have better luck with just picking paintballs up off the field and chucking them at people. :wub:

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#7 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would guess that field paint killed 50 cal. If you are a field owner why would you want to switch to a paint that gives twice the shots for less money. Doesn't sound like it was good for the Fields and if it isn't good for the fields it isn't going to make it.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,984 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

I disagree. My field is field paint only, and we recently got splatmasters and allowed the use of .50 at our field. It has brought in so many new people, they more than make up for the fact that .50 paint is cheaper.

Something I also want to address, is the attitude I always see that it's one or the other. "You can have .68 or .50, but not both." Like your statement of "why would you want to switch." Well, you wouldn't. Which is why nobody ever actually switches, they offer both. People who have .68 gear can keep playing with .68 paintballs. Those that come into the sport with .50 gear will play .50.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 03 June 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#9 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

I disagree. My field is field paint only, and we recently got splatmasters and allowed the use of .50 at our field. It has brought in so many new people, they more than make up for the fact that .50 paint is cheaper.

Something I also want to address, is the attitude I always see that it's one or the other. "You can have .68 or .50, but not both." Like your statement of "why would you want to switch." Well, you wouldn't. Which is why nobody ever actually switches, they offer both. People who have .68 gear can keep playing with .68 paintballs. Those that come into the sport with .50 gear will play .50.

I said as a "field owner why would you switch" Honestly I don't care one way or the other about 50cal. I would consider getting one for twice the paint for less money if my field used it. But you missed the point on why I think it hasn't done well. You have to get the Field paint Fields on board to make something like this work. Clearly they didn't convince most those fields that it was a good ideal. I think that would be because it is a tough sell to make owners think they will get the same money.

Heck honestly for me and my daughter we could play almost a full month on 4000 rounds because we can make a case go two weekends. It would cost them money on players like me and I think that is what many field owners worry about.

#10 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

GI Milsim is also still making paint. They are also still selling markers. I am getting a Micro shipped in as we speak. Get a hold of a man named Steve Rabackoff. He will hook you up! They have markers in stock in their Georgia Warehouse.

Edited by gorgeousllama, 06 June 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Punishers Paintball Supply still advertises that they have GI Milsim guns and paint in stock, but I don't know how reliable they are with this information (they also still advertise selling new Clone VXs when I was looking for used prices).

After seeing a Nano used by Mike at one of the Living Legends big games, I can definitely see the appeal of having a Nano with the Spyder loader - it would be fun to shoot large volumes of paint at very close ranges.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users