• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

What if I know of someone on the site that has an item that he is willing to part with and lives close enough were it wouldnt have to be shipped but they haven't posted it in the bst section. How would I go about thay without breaking the rules

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Pm the person and set it up. Local sales or trades aren't subject to online bst rules.

*Just realized that this is in the "questions and complaints" section. I know I'm not supposed to post here. My apologies.*

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 29 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#3 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Really when I asked he could pm me the info someone said that also against the rules

Really when I asked he could pm me the info someone said that also against the rules

#4 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I tried to pm them and it said the following errors were found: array message wasnt sent

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,778 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

What if I know of someone on the site that has an item that he is willing to part with and lives close enough were it wouldnt have to be shipped but they haven't posted it in the bst section. How would I go about thay without breaking the rules

If they haven't posted it in the bst section, then you're not allowed to discuss it on techpb. BST stays strictly in the bst, not in PMs, not in emails.

#6 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ok im confused I've gotten two different answers and from what I know only me and moderators so shouldnt you guys be in agreeance

#7 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,778 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

If the discussions take place on techpb, then they need to follow the rules on techpb.

#8 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Pm the person and set it up. Local sales or trades aren't subject to online bst rules.

#9 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,778 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

If the discussions take place on techpb, then they need to follow the rules on techpb.

#10 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ok I will listen to you on this even though I don't know why two moderators have different outlooks on the same rules. Can I atleast pm him to ask if he is will to put it up in the bst and if he does agree to sell to me there can I setup for us to meet rather than shipping since we are in the same city

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

If they haven't posted it in the bst section, then you're not allowed to discuss it on techpb. BST stays strictly in the bst, not in PMs, not in emails.

I'm confused by this post. You say "BST stays in the BST" but isn't this the exact opposite? Would two people swapping info such as phone numbers or addresses by PM be allowed under the rules as long as there is no actual discussion of items/price/etc.?

#12 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

It's quite simple. If the seller has not posted it in the BST section of the forum you are not allowed to try and conduct BST about said item on the site. Also all deals must remain public, no pm's or emails. Refer to rule 3.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users