8 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

ok im going out to my local field this weekend and gonna try out my new vsc phantom for about 3 hours and wanted to know about how many 12 grams i should bring. I have to crono in at 275 fps i believe and im not sure if this matters very much but its supposed to be 90 degrees outside.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

A lot, you go through more than you would expect with 12 grams, at least when I used them lol.

#3 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I would go through about 8-10 in a 7 hour day of play, shooting my Sterling with an APP50. Full stock class, in 3 hours? Probably only need 3 or 4.

#4 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Probably shouldn't take my advice I have no experience in pumps. But always bring more than what you think. By looks of it bring about 15. Better be safe than sorry in my opinion

#5 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

test the gun beforehand. if you get there and have to tune it, you are gonna burn a ton of 12gs and time.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Bring many more than you need.

You say that your phantom is new to you therefore you aren't sure of your shot count yet so bring like 20. Don't use 20 but bring them just in case.
Every time I went to the field with my phantom the first thing people would do is try to unscrew the 12 gram, I had many a wasted 12ie that way. No I don't have to worry about it because they are less inquisitive of my KP3.

On an average day for me using my KP3 I use about 4-6 throughout a 7 hour day. I usually get 22 shots per 12ie but Phantoms, when tuned, can get 35+ shots easily..
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

I always brought a box of 25, though I usually only used about 5 a day.
Better to have them and not need them.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

Definitely bring more than you need. I usually use 7-10. The other day I was shocked to find I had used almost twenty. It was a big game and I was doing some testing. I also never let them go dry. If I've fired more then 10 rounds and was shot out I'll often change it between games, start off fresh. If I know that I will be pushing forward hard or expecting to receive a push from the other team I'll change one quick. I try to change after 30 shots regardless of how efficient my gun may be. It's better to change before you need to. Do a lot of changes with empty 12 grams EXACTLY as you would on the field. Eventually you will get muscle memory and be able to do it quickly and efficiently under fire.

#9 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

You purchased a great new marker, it will force you to become a better player. You are also going to have a much better time running around with so much less. It will take some time to adjust, at some point you will find yourself getting more kills than before, it will take some time.

The longer you play pump the fewer shots you are likely to take. I have been pumping for about a year, when I started I was going through 150 shots per game, so I needed a 100 round Sportshot and a 50 round pod. Now after playing for a while I have switched to using a 50 round hopper and pod.

My point is if you don't know how much CO2 to take, you will want to bring some extra. By the time you get it dialed in and practice some snap shooting drills between the games, you will go through a few. You are likely to take some extra shots durring the game, until your game gets more refined and you adapt to your new marker.

Take a few extra, no less than two per game. Again, enjoy your Phantom, it was a good choice.

Good luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users