2 replies to this topic

#1 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ok so I was curious if I have to replace the bolt sleeve to work firstly I want to rant about the horrible way in which this problem started : my dad and I went paintballimg about 5 weeks ago while trying to turn on the sp1 my dad broke the power button of f of the board so we took in the shop to see of they could soder the button back on they said they coudnt and they would have to replace the board it took them 4 weeks when I got home I try to service the bolt but the bolt sleeve wasn't moving I called and complained but they said that they never touched the bolt assembly after completely dissameblying my marker did I find out that the tech screwed the board in to tigh and the screw was scraping the bolt sleeve the making it impossible to unscrew I finally unscrew and this is what faced my do I need to but a new one?

Attached Files

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#2 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

its also leaking
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#3 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

No need to replace the bolt sleeve. I have had this happen to my ion xe (exact same bolt sleeve). Some idiot put a longer rear grip frame screw and it did the same thing, except much worse. Chunks of aluminum were missing.

This is what you need to do. Take the oring off the rear bolt sleeve. Take a small jewlers file and gently file the edges and around where the the scraping occured. Try to remove as much of the burrs as possible and get her smooth with 500 or 800 grit sandpaper. DO NOT FILE IN THE GROOVE - especially on the bottom. This will wreck the seal.

Replace the o-ring with a fresh one. The current one is likely ruined. 10 cent fix.

That o-ring on the bolt sleeve is non essential. The marker should function and not leak without it. You do not need another bolt sleeve. The issue is elsewhere. With the battery and grip frame off the marker dunk the aired up marker in a tub of water and find the source of the leak. My guess is that they will propagate from the banjos. The threads shouldnt reach the sleeve if the rubber seal is seated properly. The people at the store likely overtightened them/squished the seal out of the seat. Get replacement o-rigns for the banjos. If needed, double up on them to prevent the threads from getting inside the breach. (Alternitively use BLUE locktight and dont screw in all the way)

Edited by Danny D, 31 May 2013 - 03:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users