• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 SeanD

SeanD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Just curious, do players actually go up to there locals alone most of the time? I don't really have friends that like to play paintball and I want to play it regularly. I don't really have a problem going by myself but i was just curious.

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

yeah. i plan on going by myself next weekend

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

I almost always go alone since most of my friends that play are fucking pansies who don't want to put in the time or effort to get better (by playing against people that are better) and the other practices at a field over an hour away. It only ever sucks if you show up on a slow day but its usually really awesome since you make lots of new friends.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 02 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#4 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

That's how I started out. After all my friends stopped playing outlaw I started to go to the local field by myself. Now I have a pretty steady group of Ppl I play with and am well known at the field. just be friendly and respectful and don't be a Dick and soon you won't be playing alone
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#5 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

most of my friends that play are fucking pansies who don't want to put in the time or effort to get better

So I'm not alone in this.

As soon as I get a full time job (which should happen in the very near future) I'm going on a weekly basis. Depending upon how work goes, I may start reffing.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I almost always go alone.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I go alone about half of the time I go. Honestly, it's the best way to meet new people and find new people to go with.

#8 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

I go by myself, but after the 1st time going to the field, I met guys and became friends with them. They become your friends and teammates. I consider myself to be closer to my paintball teammates and friends than my normal friends from school for some reason.

#9 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yep I usually end up going alone but I meet people at the field
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

most of my friends that play are fucking pansies who don't want to put in the time or effort to get better

So I'm not alone in this.

As soon as I get a full time job (which should happen in the very near future) I'm going on a weekly basis. Depending upon how work goes, I may start reffing.

In my experience, you either play paintball... or ref paintball. You give up one for the other. Some people say "only work one day each weekend" but first your boss might not let you only work one day. Second, if you're only reffing one day you'll probably need another job to afford playing and then they might have you working weekends too.

#11 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think it's like starting a new job, you don't really know anyone ,but you work together and find friends.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#12 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

In my experience, you either play paintball... or ref paintball. You give up one for the other. Some people say "only work one day each weekend" but first your boss might not let you only work one day. Second, if you're only reffing one day you'll probably need another job to afford playing and then they might have you working weekends too.

My field doesn't ref for pay. Refs get free field and air. And to get those benefits, you only have to do it twice a month. As far as the job thing goes, I don't think I would even have the ability to work on weekends as the office is closed.

Worst case scenario, I drop out of the ref pool.

#13 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

As far as the ref thing. I ref and play. Some days, I don't play as much as I want to, but it's worth it in my opinion.

For playing alone, That's what I did, until I became friends with the house team. Then the regulars became my friends.

#14 Night Fury

Night Fury

Masshole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I normally show up at the field by myself. I may tell people dates that I plan on going but if they can't make it or aren't interested I'll go anyway. I always end up talking to other people at the field and just hang with them for the day.
Posted Image

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

It bugs the hell out of me when I try super hard to plan ahead and make a date to go play that works for all my friends and then they have something going on at the last minute and have to drop out. Way to show appreciation for the time and effort I put in to setting this up guys. :dodgy:

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 02 June 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#16 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

I haven't played with a Buddy, since 2007ish(well invited one and they actually come) Wyoming is theeeeeee worst state EVER to play paintball, its a fucking disaster more like it. 99.99999999999% of the time I'm going alone.

I would also Wager ten Million Dollars to anyone person, that if Wyoming Held a HUGE Tournament with the 1st place prize going for $100,000 to the winning team, No one would show up still.

#17 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

I haven't played with a Buddy, since 2007ish(well invited one and they actually come) Wyoming is theeeeeee worst state EVER to play paintball, its a fucking disaster more like it. 99.99999999999% of the time I'm going alone.

I would also Wager ten Million Dollars to anyone person, that if Wyoming Held a HUGE Tournament with the 1st place prize going for $100,000 to the winning team, No one would show up still.

ouch.

#18 jakesd1995

jakesd1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

yeah I go alone, I find that I make a ton of friends and can focus more on my game.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Well my friends are at the field, at least the ones who I want to go paintballing with, so I'm never alone.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

I've gone alone a few times. I've never had a problem talking to people even though im kinda a shy dude. Most people will be friendly to you and there will also probably be loners there themselves looking to find people to hang out with. I am probably going to start going to field alone more since most of my friends only want to play once every couple of months, and are all about woodsball only.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#21 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

If you go alone and socialize a bit, you'll make friends that play paintball and won't need to go out alone the next time. :v

#22 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

I almost always go alone since most of my friends that play are fucking pansies who don't want to put in the time or effort to get better (by playing against people that are better) and the other practices at a field over an hour away. It only ever sucks if you show up on a slow day but its usually really awesome since you make lots of new friends.

^^^
Every single time you go alone, there's more of a chance that you'll meet new people. whenever you meet new people, more opportunities open up to you. Plus, a lot of paintballers are all around interesting and funny people.

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Also, you guys already have a passion to talk about. Most of the times, you'll instantly make friends.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#24 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

I've gone alone a couple of times and still have fun. Over the summer I plan to do it a lot. You will find friends if your local field is not filled with snobs.

#25 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Personally, I rather go alone that with a group of friends. I feel like I can socialize more, and I don't have to worry about taking care of my friends. And even though I would consider myself to be pretty shy, I always fit right in with paintballers. They are relaxed people that loved to hangout, have fun, and play hard. Even though I am a regular at the field, and have a bunch of "paintball" friends, you really will make a new friend every time. There will always be some guy that is trying out the field that you meet, and they like you and the field enough that they become a regular.

#26 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

*spits out a warm, brown stream of Skaol saliva and saunters up to Praetorian*
For a hunnerd K, I'd drive my fat ass up there, you n' me'd enter and say wes a team an' take 'at hunnerd grand!

Edited by Village Idiot, 05 June 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#27 AngelGat+

AngelGat+

I'll stare at you till you walk off the field

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Without sounding like a jerk, none of my friends are good enough to play and keep up with me... I live in Canada and play at an indoor field Sgt. Splatters and always play pump. Eve still, none of my friends want to come, or when they do they play like three games and then are too tired or sore and want to go home... It's awkward when you want to play for another three hours and your friends are sitting in the staging area looking bored. I just stopped inviting them and go on my own.
Signature by me

Posted Image

Setup: Angel 2006 GAT, 68/4500 Ninja, Empire Prophecy

#28 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

It's awkward when you want to play for another three hours and your friends

I play until the paint runs dry or the field closes
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#29 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I ALWAYS go alone and just talk to random people and refs. You just make friends at the field.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#30 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't talk. I just ask to shoot everyone's guns. I do that regardless of whether or not I'm with people though. Lol

I got called out in that today too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users