17 replies to this topic

#1 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hey mods,
I need some guidance how to move forward with my situation. I just received a tank from a seller. However, there is damage to the outer shell that compromise the integrity of the tank. Granted, I purchased it for cheap but what are the rules to fix this matter. In my opinion, i think this damage will render this tank inoperable when i attempt to get it hydrotested. I am not sure if this seller is trying to scam me or is just failed to read the rules properly. I tried going back to the thread to see if I missed anything but the initial post has been modified. Also the pictue gallery used didn't show any pics of that section. I actuall made another deal with him so I hope I don't get 2 non-complying sales. Below are the 2 links for review.

http://s1292.photobu...html?sort=6&o=3

http://www.techpb.co...1

#2 Trend on me

Trend on me

What is the "member" you speak of?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

If their is a problem with hydro i can refund you.

2s5zath.jpg

My Feedback
Positive:2. Neutral: 0. Negative: 0

#3 Bigmac977

Bigmac977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I honestly didn't see anything in the picture that could compromise the tanks integrity.

Edited by Bigmac977, 04 June 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#4 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I honestly didn't see anything in the picture that could compromise the tanks integrity.

I would have to show a picture myself

#5 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would have to show a picture myself

That would be helpful, as there isnt anything really obvious in the picture you posted.

Was the damage listed at all in the description of the item?

Posted Image

#6 Trend on me

Trend on me

What is the "member" you speak of?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Their was a crack in the middle behind tank in photo that I neglected to notice and i think it got worse when i shipped it to him But I offered a refund

2s5zath.jpg

My Feedback
Positive:2. Neutral: 0. Negative: 0

#7 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks all. He has openly acknowledged the discrepancy and offered a refund should the tank be inoperable.

#8 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Please post a picture here of the crack in the tank. We can get a second opinion from Ninja here on the forum. If its just a crack in the clear coat over the tank and there are no fibers damaged or showing the tank should be ok. Tank clear coat can crack on occasion without compromising the integrity.

#9 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Here is the pic. The crack is approximately 5cm long

Attached File  Tank 1.jpg   140.6KB   77 downloads
Attached File  Tank 2.jpg   143.86KB   67 downloads

#10 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Here is the pic. The crack is approximately 5cm long

Attached File  Tank 1.jpg   140.6KB   77 downloads
Attached File  Tank 2.jpg   143.86KB   67 downloads

from the pic it should be fine as the outer layer is cosmetic only and does not affect the safety of the tank. if the fibers are damaged then the tank needs to be inspected and possibly tested to make sure it is safe.

the problem is some fields and stores may not fill the tank due to this and it is their choice to reject the tank.
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#11 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Thanks. It's due for hydro. Would some places not even hydro test this due to this similar to what u said about the stores and field? Ultiately if I can pass the hydro, it'll be covered in a case and the damage never exposed? Is there anything that I can put to prevent further damage? Maybe like an epoxy to fill in the gap?

#12 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks. It's due for hydro. Would some places not even hydro test this due to this similar to what u said about the stores and field? Ultiately if I can pass the hydro, it'll be covered in a case and the damage never exposed? Is there anything that I can put to prevent further damage? Maybe like an epoxy to fill in the gap?

we will hydro it but the cracks may get worse?

if it was a ninja bottle we would re work it but we do no offer that for the other brands, sorry.

although i can patch that area it will not stop it and may continue in the future.

#13 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well, after looking further it seems to be a Pure Energy tank. I can see the yellow ring and "GY" in the second picture. I would contact Kee (the owner of PMI - the maker of this tank) and let them know what happened and ask if it's possible to repair the clear coat. They have amazing customer service and may fix this for free.

Here is a link to Kee's Customer Support Page.

Please keep us informed.

#14 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Well, after looking further it seems to be a Pure Energy tank. I can see the yellow ring and "GY" in the second picture. I would contact Kee (the owner of PMI - the maker of this tank) and let them know what happened and ask if it's possible to repair the clear coat. They have amazing customer service and may fix this for free.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks for the tip fellas. Corrext, its a pure energy tank. Do u know if they will rehydro it if I pay for the hydro? Hopefully they can salvage this in some manner.
What order do u recommend i go through? Rehydro followed by coating repair or vice versa

#15 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

They more than likely have the facilities to do a hydro test. My guess is they would try to fix the crack, if possible, and then do the hydro test if you're having that done as well. The hydro test will put some strain on the tank and that way they can check to see if the crack gets worse after it's repaired.

#16 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Please keep us informed.

Thanks for the tip fellas. Corrext, its a pure energy tank. Do u know if they will rehydro it if I pay for the hydro? Hopefully they can salvage this in some manner.
What order do u recommend i go through? Rehydro followed by coating repair or vice versa

kee and pure energy does not hydro test, only ninja and crossfire are the only 2 manufacturers that are able to hydro test a tank.

only the tank manufacturer can re coat the tank, a hydro tester could patch it but it may still crack in the future.

if you can get it recoated do that first and than hydro.

#17 BallisticG

BallisticG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

So I am some good results from this whole situation. I ended up sending it back to the manufacturer and they sent me a new tank. I didn't need to rehydro anything. Good customer service. Thanks again for all the advice here

#18 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Glad to hear!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users