Photo

Why you should always put your marker in a case.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

These kids were driving probably from the field and some people saw the Sierra One in their truck. They were pulled over ,taken out at gunpoint and arrested by the RCMP. Idiots.

BTW Don't listen to the guy videotaping , it's clear he doesn't know much about paintball so you might get a little paintball nerd rage from the commentary.

Posted Image

#2 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

lol at 3:52. ohh is that a bomb?

#3 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

-____- Maybe if their gun didn't look like a damn assault rifle. Steel hoses are easy to miss.

#4 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

-____- Maybe if their gun didn't look like a damn assault rifle. Steel hoses are easy to miss.

Space dildos FTW!

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

lol y so srs?

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

To be completely honest, this is one of the reasons I don't care for mil-sim. People dressing up soldiers and shooting each other isn't something I would support as an outsider and I don't care for the idea myself even as a paintballer. Nothing against those who like it but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 04 June 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Oh gawd if that was DAM, shitting bricks would happen
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 EZE13

EZE13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Omg yes

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Oh gawd if that was DAM, shitting bricks would happen

or a SAR-12...

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Milsigs..

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#11 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

And thats why you dont transport anything that looks like a firearm without a case good job RCMP
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hmm guess I better not throw my A5 on my back with my sling and head over to the feild on my motorcycle lol

Plz note I never would actually do that. I have gone paint balling and got there via my motorcycle but all gear was concealed in a backpack.

Posted Image

Edited by TinyBear, 04 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#13 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

So let me get this straight... They have to extract the guy at gun point, weapons drawn, with body armor, and using a moving patrol car as cover while they roll up to the vehicle... But Joe-Schmoe-Camera-Guy can just stand there and gawk, along with 100 other random bystanders? What kind of stupid shit is that?
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#14 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

So let me get this straight... They have to extract the guy at gun point, weapons drawn, with body armor, and using a moving patrol car as cover while they roll up to the vehicle... But Joe-Schmoe-Camera-Guy can just stand there and gawk, along with 100 other random bystanders? What kind of stupid shit is that?

Thats training you want to stand there not their problem the mounties are dealing with a threat(possible Firearm) that is where their attention should be not at the stupid people rubbernecking
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#15 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thats training you want to stand there not their problem the mounties are dealing with a threat(possible Firearm) that is where their attention should be not at the stupid people rubbernecking

Their job is to protect the public, stupid or otherwise. If the situation was real those people could have been in serious danger.

What I'm thinking is that they knew there was no real threat, and just played it up like a bunch of pricks to scare the shit out of the kids in the truck. Obviously I'm not going to defend idiots who drive around with milsim guns in plain sight, but the whole situation seems ridiculous and overly-dramatic.

#16 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

What I'm thinking is that they knew there was no real threat, and just played it up like a bunch of pricks to scare the shit out of the kids in the truck.

Or, it's entirely possible that the cops had absolutely no idea that it was a paintball marker, and so they had to presume they were responding to a call involving a real firearm with people who wouldn't hesitate to use it. The reason the camera guy was allowed to stand there and film it is because the cops were too busy worrying about a possible firearm, and didn't have the man power to focus on that and crowd control/perimeter. So the easiest way to worry about crowd control/perimeter is to negate the threat and keep people safe, and that's what they did.

Without you actually being there, and seeing exactly how everything went down, and knowing exactly what the cops were thinking, and why they did what they did, it isn't a smart idea to play the armchair QB, because you usually end up being wrong and looking like a fool at the same time.

#17 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Merrica is weird, guns so common but things like this happen? Where I am you could wave a Sierra One around in the street, people wouldn't even give you a second look.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#18 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Their job is to protect the public, stupid or otherwise. If the situation was real those people could have been in serious danger.

What I'm thinking is that they knew there was no real threat, and just played it up like a bunch of pricks to scare the shit out of the kids in the truck. Obviously I'm not going to defend idiots who drive around with milsim guns in plain sight, but the whole situation seems ridiculous and overly-dramatic.

Yes because the Police know everything about the call coming in and everyone knows what a real firearm looks like and what a dressed up marker looks like.More then likely some lady in a car next to them called the RCMP and said their are some kids driving around with a gun Dispatcher send that over the radio and every Mountie near them drives code 3 and does a ''hot'' take down because they want to be pricks :dodgy:

#19 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

They already had the one kid out of the truck and in cuffs; probably could have asked him about it :rolleyes:

#20 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

They already had the one kid out of the truck and in cuffs; probably could have asked him about it :rolleyes:

True but once again that comes to their training and how they have to do what they did even though it was a ''fake'' gun you still don know the whole picture

#21 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

When a cop believes they have a loaded firearm, they don't stand around and ask questions. And they wouldn't believe anything the person said, until they can verify that person's responses themselves. What they do, is they get everybody out of the vehicle and detain them, until they can verify what exactly is going on. Standing around and asking questions is a very good way for people to end up dead if the firearm is real, and until they know exactly what is going on, they act like everything that looks like a firearm, IS a firearm, which is exactly how they should act.

You're trying to tell them what they should've done based upon what we know now, and based upon your lack of knowledge about how police work and what kind of risks they face, and just how easy it is to wind up dead. We like to call this armchair quarterbacking, and it's heavily frowned upon, especially when you don't know what you're talking about. So please, stop, because it's extremely disrespectful to the police, and it makes you out to be a fool.

What you're doing is going "Hey, look at me, I know exactly what you did wrong, and I'm going to try and tell you how you should do your job. I don't care that I have absolutely no idea what your job is, or how to do your job, and there is no way in hell I can do your job better than you can. But I don't care, because I know how to do your own job better than you do, so I'm going to tell you how to do it." Which is a huge slap in the face to the police, which is why Cans is getting pissy, because unlike you, he actually knows what he's talking about, as he wants to be a cop and has actually had a bit of prior training.

So basically what you're doing is flat out disrespecting Cans, which is why I get involved. So stop it, because you actually have no idea what you're talking about, and the cops handled the situation exactly as they should have.

#22 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Cans isn't the one getting pissy with me, but I don't care anymore. Good day sir.

#23 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

I've had cops called on me for my Paintball gun. lol

I was test shooting my Ego 07 and decided to see how it would sound putting the barrel in the pool(No paint if it wasn't obvious), and I guess it sounded like a real firearm from far away.

10 minutes later 2 cops were banging on my door and looking for side entrances with their guns drawn. Just safety protocol.

Edited by Garribean, 05 June 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#24 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

Merrica is weird, guns so common but things like this happen? Where I am you could wave a Sierra One around in the street, people wouldn't even give you a second look.

its varies state by state.
in most southern states you could have a pistol on your hip and not a single person would care. Even though you are legally allowed to carry an AR around in many states, that doesn't mean some people wont call the cops on you because lets face it, why the fuck would you be carrying an AR around in public.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

in most southern states you could have a pistol on your hip and not a single person would care. Even though you are legally allowed to carry an AR around in many states, that doesn't mean some people wont call the cops on you because lets face it, why the fuck would you be carrying an AR around in public.

YOLO, so you can protect yourself. It's like a dick measuring contest.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#26 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

Firearms knowledge is to low in this world. I'm a second generation gunsmith And I can't begin to tell you the idiocy I've seen or have had to repair for people.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#27 Trend on me

Trend on me

What is the "member" you speak of?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

LOLOL i'd start cracking up once I saw that it was a paintball gun LOLOLOL but i do see why the poilice were worried but REALLY

2s5zath.jpg

My Feedback
Positive:2. Neutral: 0. Negative: 0

#28 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

I keep my gear in a BASEBALL gear bag. Problem Solved. Nobody is going to think twice about a Louisville slugger tpx baseball bag.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#29 jakesd1995

jakesd1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

cops should know the difference

#30 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

When a cop believes they have a loaded firearm, they don't stand around and ask questions.

In 'murica that is exactly what they do. "Do you have a CCW?, is the weapon loaded?"

What they do, is they get everybody out of the vehicle and detain them, until they can verify what exactly is going on.

No they dont, as that would be unlawful detainment, which is illegal (the word unlawful might have given that away). At best they ask you to give them your gun, and they set it on top of the car.

based upon your lack of knowledge about how police work and what kind of risks they face, and just how easy it is to wind up dead.

The fatality rate for law enforcement officers is like 20 per 100,000. Truck drivers among quite a few other professions have numbers higher than this. Being a police officer is not as dangerous as you are trying to make it sound.

We like to call this armchair quarterbacking, and it's heavily frowned upon, especially when you don't know what you're talking about. So please, stop, because it's extremely disrespectful to the police, and it makes you out to be a fool.

It seems like you are doing something quite similar. Its fine and dandy that you think he is being disrespectful, and that you are going to educate him, but please actually educate him. Don't spout out a bunch of incorrect/misleading info that does nothing other than trick him into thinking that you know what you are talking about. It helps nobody, and spreads misinformation.

So basically what you're doing is flat out disrespecting Cans, which is why I get involved.

Yes, thats exactly what he is doing :megaultrasuperduperdodgy:

Posted Image

#31 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

did you guys miss the part where the kid said he lifted the gun up while in the car? some lady probably saw that and got scared or felt threatened.
Police had a completely rational response considering all they knew was that a group of 3 kids had some kind of fire arm inside of their car and they were possible aiming it at cars passing by them.

#32 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

We are talking about Canada though. The gun laws there are a lot different than here in the States. So a visible "firearm" in the hands of teenagers is a pretty big concern.

While I agree that detaining an individual is a little shady as far as the law is concerned I can also see the justification for it. I think the courts would argue the safety of the officers/public and even the suspects outweigh any rights that might be involved. Legal? Not likely but its the way things are handled now.

Like it or not I have had friends with permits handcuffed until they check the validity of his permit. I had a more positive experience when I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago. Produced my permit and license and that was the end of it. Same police dept. as my buddy but totally different experiences. Its unfortunate that not all officers are fluent in the gun laws of their respective states. Thats why gun owners have such varying encounters with law enforcement from even the same dept.
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#33 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

This thread is full of dumb.

#34 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

We are talking about Canada though. The gun laws there are a lot different than here in the States. So a visible "firearm" in the hands of teenagers is a pretty big concern.

While I agree that detaining an individual is a little shady as far as the law is concerned I can also see the justification for it. I think the courts would argue the safety of the officers/public and even the suspects outweigh any rights that might be involved. Legal? Not likely but its the way things are handled now.

Like it or not I have had friends with permits handcuffed until they check the validity of his permit. I had a more positive experience when I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago. Produced my permit and license and that was the end of it. Same police dept. as my buddy but totally different experiences. Its unfortunate that not all officers are fluent in the gun laws of their respective states. Thats why gun owners have such varying encounters with law enforcement from even the same dept.

Im not talking about the OP, i think that the police reacted fine. I'm replying to TK's response.

Edited by IhasAcellular, 07 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

If you are holding a gun in a car, you are a teen, your driver is a teen, and your in a highly populated area by the looks of it, you should NOT own a Milsim/woodsball marker. Personally I think that the police overreacted but the idiot who was holding up the gun played a huge role too. Also, I have learned that pod packs are now bombs (Maybe with a tank in them)

#36 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

That is true. But while people might call the cops they wouldn't hall you off to jail. In some parts of the South you can still find people with gun racks in their truck.

#37 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

That is true. But while people might call the cops they wouldn't hall you off to jail. In some parts of the South you can still find people with gun racks in their truck.

no body went to jail, though. the kids were detained on the grounds that they were aiming the "gun" at people but then let go once the situation was cleared.

#38 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

To the people saying the cops should have known it was a paintball marker or that the cops over-reacted. Watch the video, the marker didn't have a hopper nor a tank . The marker is made to look like a real gun.

Posted Image
^This is meant to look like this \/
Posted Image

It's next to impossible for a non-paintball playing person to know if it was real or not. Also keep in mind the major events of the last few months.The police are going to be caution when it comes to people with guns. I agree with drexler this thread is filled with stupid.

Posted Image

#39 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

this was in canada

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#40 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

The RCMP arrested them, so this means it's in Canada. Where I am in the states we can walk around with a REAL AR over our shoulder and most people won't bat an eye. It's only a problem if the weapon is concealed and you don't have a permit.

#41 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

You guys fed the troll -_-

Posted Image

#42 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

After watching the video and reading the comments I feel that the entire video and actions were completely rational. Except for one thing. Whoever asked "Is that a bomb"? That's the only thing I dislike about this video.
Video Pros:
They were not carried to jail.
The cops didn't open fire on the suspects.
Pedestrian called the cops when seeing a possible firearm in the hands of kids. With all the hype on gun laws she was being careful and everyone else was as well.

Also thank god, they did not return from a scenario event with props or a bunch of taticool gear.

My 2 cents.

Edited by sonicx059, 08 June 2013 - 05:07 PM.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#43 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

The RCMP arrested them, so this means it's in Canada. Where I am in the states we can walk around with a REAL AR over our shoulder and most people won't bat an eye. It's only a problem if the weapon is concealed and you don't have a permit.

You must not live in California. Everyone here hates guns.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#44 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

I live in the fascist state of Massachusetts and I just applied for my FID Card. Gonna be a great time trying to get it in.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#45 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hah. Good one. I live in California.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#46 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

He got what he deserved, if you're gonna buy a marker that looks that much like a real gun you had better be smart enough to make sure it is out of sight. It's not like this is the first time this has happened, this guy should have known that the possibility of him getting in this type of situation is very high if he doesn't take the time to eliminate any sort of suspicion. If he had thrown his g4 in the back nobody would have cared, but he threw a sierra one in his bed. Big difference. Put barrel covers on and don't be an idiot with your stuff. Plain and simple.
If you really want people to think you have a real gun because it makes you feel "cool" put a trigger lock on it so nobody freaks out.

Edited by junits15, 09 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#47 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

I dont know what the big deal is I've have been put in cuffs for alot less in both America and Canada. But my experience with the police seems to be drastically different from the majority of the sight

#48 cam0331

cam0331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

This was in vancouver

#49 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

lol you're from the UK. If you wave a knife around over there you get arrested.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#50 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

lol you're from the UK. If you wave a knife around over there you get arrested.

depends what kind. there are plenty knives that are UK legal.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users