#1 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Good Evening fellow TechPB'ers.

I wanted to bring this to the attention of this group, for all of those in believing righting when a fellow baller has been wrong.

A friend of mine took a picture of a private group at Hollywood Sports Park a few weeks back, of a private group (one that had hired him to take photos, as well as another person). This person has a website and has officially stated that his photographs are for NON PROFIT use only..

Link to the original: http://paintballphot...2_itemId=814887

As you can see, the photographer has his watermark on the photo, making it his intellectual property.

Giant Tactical thinks otherwise...

They took his photo, edited out the water mark, and colored it in black and white, posting it in an attempt to advertise their tactical line (of which there is NONE in the original photo, I assure you. Not a single piece).

Giant Tactical Facebook Photo Post:

https://www.facebook...&type=1

That picture was taken by a friend of mine, named Gary Baum, during a private Mag-Fed game. Giantz Sports saw it, took the water mark off of it and is using it WITHOUT his permission, to market their brand. Please go to the page, and tell them we won't stand for this.

We need to stand against this kind of shenangians, to prevent paintball players from being taken advantage of!

Giant Tactical was even as bold as to say that THEY took the photo, and that we were "spamming their post".

Please, help us in this cause to get Gary Baum the recognition he deserves, what Giant Tactical is doing is wrong!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#2 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

What if they pay him?

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#3 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

What if they pay him?

The OP says that his friend took the original photo. If his friend didn't tell him that he would be missing out on a lot of details.

#4 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

This has since been clarified and resolved. See Gary message:

Paintballphotography.com Picture Of The Day, This image was taken at the recent Mag Fed Paintball event at Hollywood Sports Park.

Since there have been a lot of comments and controversy on Facebook about the use of this image I want to set the record straight: Bear, Hollywood Sports Park and Giant Paintball HAVE MY PERMISSION TO USE THIS IMAGE. They have always had and will continue to have my permission to use my images for their promotion. I consider them to be my friends and partners in promoting the sport we all love.

I appreciate all the kind words about me and my photography but I do not want this controversy to continue. Paintballphotography.com started at Hollywood Sports Park over 10 years ago and they have done a lot to personally support and help our web site. Please support my friends Bear, Gio and Denis and all of the Giant Paintball Parks.

Facebook for Gary Baum

#5 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Awesome, glad to hear that it has been settled.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users