• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hi. I've got an eXTCy and I'm having huge problems with it, I would of gone to my local shop but they're having alterations done at the moment and the closest place after them is way out of town. Okay so the problem I'm having is that when I pull the trigger the bolt will move forward and return but very very slowly and is only letting out a whie bit of air each time (I'm using HPA) which will accelerate the ball slower than you could throw it. I am aware that the eXTCy is known to exhibit First Shot Drop Off from time to time but this continuing even the first shot, the bolt just won't complete a powerful firing cycle. I have checked everything you typically would, I've taken out the bolt, greased it and cleaned it, adjusted the velocity (I was shooting 290 a week ago and hadn't played with the velocity until this started happening). I've even taken apart the grip frame and taken a look at the board and it all looks fine, all the air fitting are screwed/wedged in correctly and the eyes are in perfect working condition. Even changed the battery. The only other thing I could do is take apart the regulator but it's not user serviceable and plus I sent it in the be taken apart and cleaned a month ago. So I really don't know what it could be and I've got tryouts this weekend. Any Suggestions?

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 06 June 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#2 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

the only thing i can think of is a new battery?

#3 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

the only thing i can think of is a new battery?

Tried it? Straight from a brand new pack.

#4 AngelGat+

AngelGat+

I'll stare at you till you walk off the field

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

My guess would be that the pressure in the gun isn't high enough to cycle the bolt... I'd take apart your reg entirely and see if there's any issues with it, even down to the reg seat parts.
Signature by me

Posted Image

Setup: Angel 2006 GAT, 68/4500 Ninja, Empire Prophecy

#5 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

My guess would be that the pressure in the gun isn't high enough to cycle the bolt... I'd take apart your reg entirely and see if there's any issues with it, even down to the reg seat parts.

I would but the thing is I don't have the ultra tiny snap ring pliers you need to the ring off at the bottom.

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 06 June 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#6 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Try a new battery anyways, and take out the bolt and clean off ALL the lube on it. Clean out the inside of the gun, and put a very thin layer on the orings on the bolt. I'd be surprised if that doesnt fix the problem.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#7 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Try a new battery anyways, and take out the bolt and clean off ALL the lube on it. Clean out the inside of the gun, and put a very thin layer on the orings on the bolt. I'd be surprised if that doesnt fix the problem.

I'll try that right now!

#8 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

And just making sure, you do have air in your tank right? It's an easy thing to overlook lol.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#9 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

And just making sure, you do have air in your tank right? It's an easy thing to overlook lol.

HAHA yeah I do XD it's at about 3000psi out of 4500

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

When you got it did you set the dwell for use with hpa?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

When you got it did you set the dwell for use with hpa?

Yeah I tried it at 27 which the recommended and kept upping it but still no cycle

#12 jakesd1995

jakesd1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

New battery and lube o-rings again but I'd just use someone elses gun if it's not fixed by then. Everything will be okay man don't worry!

#13 itsme123

itsme123

Joshua 1:9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

make sure you put in an energizer or duracell battery, NOTHING ELSE. Also up your dwell even more, at one point I almost had mine at 40. Also make sure you are using a thicker lube. I tried hater sauce on my extcy and it didn't go so well and hater sauce is a pretty thin lube. I use techt gun sav and it works out great. You could also try the smart parts lube since thats what it recommends.

Who wants free stuff!?!? If you buy something from my gearbag sale I will give you free items! http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220057

#14 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Gogs like small amounts of thicker grease. I used pe grease and that worked fine. If you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to get the the c clip off the the bottom. Make sure. You don't loose It though

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#15 TheSlaughterHawk

TheSlaughterHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Now I'm not an expert on the extcys but I recommend u take ur reg apart, see if there are any problems, mabye get a new piston for the reg, make sure the velocity is up, check ur asa to make sure proper air pressure is being released, change the battery and make sure all of ur screws and everything is screwed on tight, that's all the info I've got, hope u get ur gun fixed 👍

#16 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I bought a new 4 pack of Duracell's a few weeks ago. 3 out of the 4 died after a days play and one wouldn't cycle my rail right out of the pack. I'd try a different pack if batteries altogether. If you've tried everything else that's been suggested then I'd take it back to where you had the reg serviced and have them check their work. Good luck.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users