• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

I don't understand why people by a $1400+ gun then sell it in less than a week.

Like the Vanquish JUST got shipped to places and this guy is already selling it? IF you wanna look
Like nothing is used. lol

Do they buy just to sell it?
I'm thinking maybe they buy it at a lower price?

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

People like to buy sell and trade markers as fast as they get them. Some like to own everything, some are looking for "the one" and to others its an addiction.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

I don't get it either. At least use it a big before selling it. I see it as buying a Ferrari and putting it on Craigslist as soon as you get hone from the dealership. I'm not sure I will ever understand the mind of a gunwhore.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 06 June 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#4 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I always thought it was an attempt to cash in on high demand and the possibility of low stock. Buy at retail or lower, then sell at retail or higher. Quick way to make a couple hundred.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#5 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

I always thought it was an attempt to cash in on high demand and the possibility of low stock. Buy at retail or lower, then sell at retail or higher. Quick way to make a couple hundred.

But the thing is, that's not happening. People whore out their gear ALL the time, and then the resale value drops. Luxe 2.0 for 750? NBD, only paid $950 for it. Ego 11 for $550? Chump change. LN Geo 3 + Vapor for LV1? You'd better be adding $$$ if you want this LV1!

It sucks if you don't buy and sell a lot and you try to sell something, but if you want to buy something in great condition at 2/3 the cost of the original or even less, you're in good shape.

Edited by erg993, 07 June 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Some reasons this might happen:

• The seller didn't pay for the gun in the first place...their parents did. Kid doesn't care if he takes a loss on the sale...he just wants the cash/something different.
  • The seller is manufacturer sponsored, so gets product for a significant discount and can make a profit reselling for less than the MAP price. Drives shop owners nuts.
  • The seller is wealthy and just doesn't care. God bless 'em.
  • The seller won the gun in a tournament/raffle/penny auction.
  • Maybe the seller has connections at Kee, or knows someone who has connections at Kee.
Who knows how people get their hands on stuff?

Edited by Old Dude PB, 07 June 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#7 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Some might get discounts or sponsorship and have to buy them. Some don't like the ergo when they take them out of the box. I once had an A4 Angel. Picked it up and held it, then put it back in the box and sold it. It was new but I hated the 90 deg grip that much.

#8 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

I've been seeing more Retail stores begin to look "Solo person" Deals. What an Easy way to make cash, let your team mess with them(if it's a shop owner or dealer with a local team) and then place their order for a "Team gun"(Buy 12-15 at a time(yes you can ask for a small discount)) encase they want to switch markers for their new year. If your team doesn't enjoy it too much, just sell it online and take a minimal loss.

What the BAD thing is, that I think tournament paintballs is starting to get way to high demand and is starting to get too Big for the companies to crank guns out quickly enough so we always see these quirks, blemishes, and huge ass queue.

#9 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well sometimes certain people have disposable wallets that allow them to buy high end markers like that to trade for a different marker.

i.e.,

"~omg secksy 1 of 1 luxe trade for vanquish only!!!!!!!!!~~~"

and then he wants the 1 of 1 luxe and trades the vanquish for it.

IDK maybe he just wants to make people happy by offering it to those who want it but the local stores don't stock it.

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 08 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#10 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Only thing I can think of is the selling of sponsored guns. That or the gun could be stolen from a friend:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users