4 replies to this topic

#1 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Making an appearance all the way back from the 90's....it's the coolest gun-that-sorta-looks-like-a-marital-aid: My new Airstar Nova 700!

Posted Image

And what could be cooler than a Nova? How about, two Nova's?

Posted Image

And why stop there, because if you call now, we'll also thrown in a free:

Posted Image

Rainmaker!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is typically what a gun looks like 15 minutes after I purchase it. Also, on a completely unrelated topic, my Rainmaker no longer works properly :D
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#2 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Nice find. I'v been curious about the Nova but I'd like to get my hands on an ICD Desert Fox first.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

I want a nova por favor Posted Image

My rainmaker came to me torn apart, I've never been able to get it to work.

#4 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm probably going to sell the second Nova, but it's missing the feedneck so I'm not sure where I'm going to get another one :D I may take it to a machine shop and have them copy the one from the other gun. I've always wanted a Nova, ever since the first time I saw one, and I've only ever seen one in person before I bought these. They're one of the strangest paintball guns I've ever shot.

Fun Nova facts:
-They run on only 95psi, both to shoot the paintball and to actuate the barrel.
-The gun has no bolt. Instead, it uses a reciprocating barrel, which moves forward and backward to seal and open the breach.
-The annodizing pattern is known as "heavenly body" and is unique on every gun, no two are alike
-The gun was designed by a guy who also held patents on CO2 powered T-shirt cannons
-To clean your Nova in the event of a breach break, you rinse the breach and barrel out with water, then shake it dry (this is in the manual!)
-The Nova 700 is completely submersible

I got mine working again after a bit of troubleshooting. I might be able to help you out.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#5 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'm probably going to sell the second Nova, but it's missing the feedneck so I'm not sure where I'm going to get another one :D I may take it to a machine shop and have them copy the one from the other gun. I've always wanted a Nova, ever since the first time I saw one, and I've only ever seen one in person before I bought these. They're one of the strangest paintball guns I've ever shot.

Fun Nova facts:
-They run on only 95psi, both to shoot the paintball and to actuate the barrel.
-The gun has no bolt. Instead, it uses a reciprocating barrel, which moves forward and backward to seal and open the breach.
-The annodizing pattern is known as "heavenly body" and is unique on every gun, no two are alike
-The gun was designed by a guy who also held patents on CO2 powered T-shirt cannons
-To clean your Nova in the event of a breach break, you rinse the breach and barrel out with water, then shake it dry (this is in the manual!)
-The Nova 700 is completely submersible

I got mine working again after a bit of troubleshooting. I might be able to help you out.

if you sell it, let me know haha.

And I've gotten it back together except for the board. All the wires were torn and I believe the board is fried. My goal was to mech it, but I've never gotten to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users