9 replies to this topic

#1 GACH

GACH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hey

I bought a used Empire AXE a couple of days ago, and took it out to the site yesterday to get it tested. Note that I also bought a brand new tank + regulator for it.

It all worked fine up until the time where I was gonna go chrono it, I switched the ASA on and got it "gased-up" and fired one ball and noticed that the gauge on the ASA went down to about 100 and then slowly filled up again.

I shot about 3 balls rapidly and the last two just barely made it out of the barrel.

I then tested out another guys tank + regulator, and it worked like a charm.

Does anyone know how to fix an issue like this one? The other guys told me to dissassemble the regulator and get it oil'd up. I've never really dissassembled any other regulator, and I'd love for someone to give me a few hints on what to do.

Edit: If you guys have any other thoughts about what might cause the issue, please feel free to shout it out!

Cheers,
Tim

Edited by GACH, 10 June 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

When you say "tank + regulator," do you mean the regulator on the tank? Or another Empire Relay regulator for the Axe?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just as a note, the reg on the Axe itself is not end user serviceable. At least it's not supposed to be. It can void the warranty opening it up. What is the velocity screw set to?

#4 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Sounds like you need to turn up your pressure to 200 psi.
I am a raccoon.

#5 GACH

GACH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Good morning,

I mean the regulator on the tank.

The velocity screw was set to 300psi when this happened, I've then looked around for an answer and come across the fact that the AXE should run at about 180-200psi. So that's what I've set it to now, I haven't had the time to test it out though.

I will post back if this fixes the issue,
Thank you for your support,
Tim

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Turn pressure to ~180 psi then adjust velocity with the backcap. Afterwards you can tune it to use a lower pressure. Reset the board to factory defaults too.

#7 GACH

GACH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

It all got solved thanks to you, thank you tons!

Cheers,
Tim

#8 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Good morning,

The velocity screw was set to 300psi when this happened, I've then looked around for an answer and come across the fact that the AXE should run at about 180-200psi. So that's what I've set it to now, I haven't had the time to test it out though.

Tim

In response to this, I don't know if you have the velocity screw and the reg set screw as the same thing in your mind. The reg set screw is on the ASA, the velocity screw is on the back cap of the valve. Two do completely different things. The reg valve should never read above 200 psi, or your solenoid can blow and lead to many different issues.

Now that I've said that, glad you got it fixed. Axe's are fun markers to shoot and mess around with! :tup:

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

It all got solved thanks to you, thank you tons!

Cheers,
Tim

WOOP WOOP

#10 GACH

GACH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Good morning,

Tim

In response to this, I don't know if you have the velocity screw and the reg set screw as the same thing in your mind. The reg set screw is on the ASA, the velocity screw is on the back cap of the valve. Two do completely different things. The reg valve should never read above 200 psi, or your solenoid can blow and lead to many different issues.

Now that I've said that, glad you got it fixed. Axe's are fun markers to shoot and mess around with! :tup:

You're completely right, I was mixing them up. I'm just glad I didn't break the ASA on my marker, seeing as it should never go above 200! I guess I was very lucky!

Cheers,
Tim

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users