#1 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Stop overpricing your shit!

Seriously, I go through the BST and just about every gun is overpriced by minimum 20%, I see some guns worth $450 with people asking $650-700. Asking a ridiculous price is NOT going to mean that people will in turn haggle you down and you'll get exactly what you want, that's not the way it works. Want to be a good seller? Want to actually sell your shit? Go to PbNation's BST where the competition is high, look at similar products to yours and price your product accordingly, our BST has always had shit overpriced and it makes it very hard to deal here, I of all people should know.

I've sold a lot of stuff here and I sell my shit quick, primary reason being I ask a reasonable price and if I want it sold fast I ask a little less than market value. Even sacrificing a petty $25 can mean that you sell the item in 2-3 days rather than it sitting for weeks or months.

Your choices are to post a ridiculous price and scare off potential buyers, seriously, if you're asking 30% over an item's value or more most people won't even try since you're telling them "Hey! I'm completely unreasonable and think that my shit is worth a ridiculous amount of money because I'm completely out of touch with reality and either too lazy to do any research or in complete fucking denial!", and in turn your gun will rot on the BST and become an even lower valued product. Like it or not paintball guns rot, they fucking ROT, they depreciate quickly, if you have it for another 3 months you could lose $50-100 easily or it may no longer sell at all. If you're selling something get it sold fast, don't fuck around and try to scrounge every penny out of it with the end result being that it'll sit in your closet for another 5 months until you suck it up and price it properly, how about dealing with getting $25 less than market value and selling it the same night? That sounds good to me! No, pricing your $500 at $700 doesn't mean you'll get $600 because you're a master of negotiation, it means you're delusional and will sit on that gun for months. Take it from someone whose sold 3-4 dozen guns and countless other loaders/masks/soft goods, etc. I price my items fairly and when someone tries to haggle me down or lowball me I respond with a very simple reply.

"I know what this is worth, it's priced at or slightly below market value, you won't find it listed cheaper anywhere else, if you do happy shopping." I may go down $20-25 so they feel like they've won and saved some money but I've never once gone down more than $50 on a gun I've sold from my original asking price and I've never had a gun last on a BST for more than 2 weeks.

I'm sorry but when I see guns that I sold over a year ago at $450 with an asking price today of $500-550 I want to bitch slap the seller and piss on his shoes....

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

look at used guns sellers web site.

They will steal people from quicker than shit.

Take a gun like an axe. They sell for 350 max on trademygun.com with everything in the box and it not having seen paint. Take 15% off that price and you can sell shit quick.

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm sorry.

#5 jenkem

jenkem

1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

You know, I'm probably pretty guilty when it comes to what your talking about.

#6 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image Thank you. I really try to buy from here, but due to the smaller selection and that almost everything in that selection is overpriced I usually buy from PBN.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#7 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

I intentionally over priced my gun to get more trade offers

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#8 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

"trade value" doesn't mean a thing.

#9 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Stop overpricing your shit!

Seriously, I go through the BST and just about every gun is overpriced by minimum 20%, I see some guns worth $450 with people asking $650-700. Asking a ridiculous price is NOT going to mean that people will in turn haggle you down and you'll get exactly what you want, that's not the way it works. Want to be a good seller? Want to actually sell your shit? Go to PbNation's BST where the competition is high, look at similar products to yours and price your product accordingly, our BST has always had shit overpriced and it makes it very hard to deal here, I of all people should know.

I've sold a lot of stuff here and I sell my shit quick, primary reason being I ask a reasonable price and if I want it sold fast I ask a little less than market value. Even sacrificing a petty $25 can mean that you sell the item in 2-3 days rather than it sitting for weeks or months.

Your choices are to post a ridiculous price and scare off potential buyers, seriously, if you're asking 30% over an item's value or more most people won't even try since you're telling them "Hey! I'm completely unreasonable and think that my shit is worth a ridiculous amount of money because I'm completely out of touch with reality and either too lazy to do any research or in complete fucking denial!", and in turn your gun will rot on the BST and become an even lower valued product. Like it or not paintball guns rot, they fucking ROT, they depreciate quickly, if you have it for another 3 months you could lose $50-100 easily or it may no longer sell at all. If you're selling something get it sold fast, don't fuck around and try to scrounge every penny out of it with the end result being that it'll sit in your closet for another 5 months until you suck it up and price it properly, how about dealing with getting $25 less than market value and selling it the same night? That sounds good to me! No, pricing your $500 at $700 doesn't mean you'll get $600 because you're a master of negotiation, it means you're delusional and will sit on that gun for months. Take it from someone whose sold 3-4 dozen guns and countless other loaders/masks/soft goods, etc. I price my items fairly and when someone tries to haggle me down or lowball me I respond with a very simple reply.

"I know what this is worth, it's priced at or slightly below market value, you won't find it listed cheaper anywhere else, if you do happy shopping." I may go down $20-25 so they feel like they've won and saved some money but I've never once gone down more than $50 on a gun I've sold from my original asking price and I've never had a gun last on a BST for more than 2 weeks.

I'm sorry but when I see guns that I sold over a year ago at $450 with an asking price today of $500-550 I want to bitch slap the seller and piss on his shoes....

Very good example of how you should conduct yourself on forums, ban others for calling someone out, and then make a long post complaining about prices and calling all the little kids that think there stuff is made of gold out

Well I can't figure this picture thing out but image of someone clapping goes here

Edited by moon, 11 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Very good example of how you should conduct yourself on forums, ban others for calling someone out, and then make a long post complaining about prices and calling all the little kids that think there stuff is made of gold out

The reason we don't allow this kind of thing in the actual sales threads is to keep things civil and to the point. The BST is for BSTing, not bitching about kids overpricing their shit. PSAs like this are needed every now and then.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 11 June 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#11 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

The reason we don't allow this kind of thing in the actual sales threads is to keep things civil and to the point. The BST is for BSTing, not bitching about kids overpricing their shit. PSAs like this are needed every now and then.

I didn't get a week ban for posting in bst I got one for calling out Justin B. my point is that oranges post is a little hypocritical, and it should be in the rant and rave section, that's why we have one. But I'm just a member that has been here sense techpb was started and know nothing so ill probably get another ban for this post or the previous one.
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#12 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't think it's because it's trade value, I think it's because he wanted to trade it more than anything so he set the price high so he won't get cash offers on it.

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

But...

If everyone asks that price, then it magically becomes worth that!

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#14 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

I don't think it's because it's trade value, I think it's because he wanted to trade it more than anything so he set the price high so he won't get cash offers on it.

Still doesn't make sense. Cash is king, and you'd be stupid to turn down a legitimate offer because you want to wait for a trade that may never come. It's not as if you're saving money. lol

#15 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

lol i love this thread.

#16 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I didn't get a week ban for posting in bst I got one for calling out Justin B.

There is a huge difference between "calling out" someone and calling them a "fucking liar" and "a fucking lazy kid" and being an asshole.

#17 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Still doesn't make sense. Cash is king, and you'd be stupid to turn down a legitimate offer because you want to wait for a trade that may never come. It's not as if you're saving money. lol

Hmm I may be pretty new but I thought there was a trades only section. Also I would always take a cash offer then just buy the gun you want that way you get the money and don't have to worry about who ships first etc.

#18 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I didn't get a week ban for posting in bst I got one for calling out Justin B.

There is a huge difference between "calling out" someone and calling them a "fucking liar" and "a fucking lazy kid" and being an asshole.

How many curse words are in oranges post? And I never said I was nice when I called out Justin B. I was a "asshole" I get a little pissed when kids are lazy and expect others to do things for them maybe I'm just the black sheep that thinks doing the research and learning on your own is the best way to learn more last time I checked that's how collage worked.
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#19 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

The trades only section does not need a price listed. If you post in the other sections it is assumed you are at least trying to sell for cash, thus we mandate a listed price.

TL;DR - Trade shack doesn't need a price.

#20 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hmm I may be pretty new but I thought there was a trades only section. Also I would always take a cash offer then just buy the gun you want that way you get the money and don't have to worry about who ships first etc.

I mostly wanted trade when I was selling but if someone really wanted to pay 280 i wouldve accepted That. But im very happy with what im getting ;)

#21 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

How many curse words are in oranges post? And I never said I was nice when I called out Justin B. I was a "asshole" I get a little pissed when kids are lazy and expect others to do things for them maybe I'm just the black sheep that thinks doing the research and learning on your own is the best way to learn more last time I checked that's how collage worked.

You have an account here from the beginning, yet you still can't distinguish the use of swear words here? Orange isn't swearing at anyone or calling them names, thus not flaming. Oh, and here's the post from Mike himself about people complaining about questions:

Lately, I've been seeing this bullshit trend of topic going up in different sections of the forum, to the effect of-

"I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people asking the same things over and over again in the forums"

or-

"I'm getting pretty sick of people asking the same questions on the radio show"

I get asked the same questions, over and over again. I can't even count how many times I've gotten asked "What's a good tank?", "What kind of loader do you recommend?", "What should I buy for $300?", "What kind of mask should I get?". Two years and tens of thousands of questions later, I'm still NOT sick of answering these same core questions, over and over again. I'll answer them till the day I die, and not even think twice

TechPB is not a "sticky" forum. I said this when TechPB launched, and I will say it again. I only want TWO types of people on my forum-

People who are here to answer questions
People who are here to ask questions

PBNation has 1500 people on their site right now, 500 are in the off topic, 500 are in the BST, and the last 500 are salivating over the chance to tell someone "Read the fucking stickies already!! Did you not read the fucking stickies? That's why it's a STICKY! Everything you need to know, is in the fucking stickies!!!!!!"

We are not that forum. We engage in dialogue. We communicate with each other, we talk to each other, as we would talk to each other on the street or at the field. When someone asks you question at the field, do you tell them "I'm sick and tired of the same questions over and over again, why don't you turn on a fucking computer and a read a sticky already?"

No, you answer them politely. So what's with the fucking attitude on the forums?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 11 June 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#22 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

The trades only section does not need a price listed. If you post in the other sections it is assumed you are at least trying to sell for cash, thus we mandate a listed price.

TL;DR - Trade shack doesn't need a price.

Son of a bitch. I forgot about this section.

#23 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Moon, chill your shit or you are probably going to get yourself banned.

Guy at my local field got flexes, a rotor, and a lightly used G6R for $650 on PBNation

Can't find a deal that good here sadly.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#24 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

But...

If everyone asks that price, then it magically becomes worth that!

Exactly,because if you offer them the average price,they say"But they all go for this!"And then you can never get it for the actual price.

#25 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

moon, not a single person's name was mentioned in here, not a single thread was referred to in here, there is nothing at all which refers to any one particular seller, product and nothing that could point to any one person in particular no matter how hard you try. You shit on one person in particular in their own thread so it was very blatantly pointed at someone when he was looking for a simple answer. That is what this forum is for, for information, for people to ask questions, if "Fuck off go Google it" was the phrase of the day everyday these forums would have no reason to exist.

Did I curse? Yes, is that against the rules? No. Is it professional? Probably not, does it need to be? No. What it comes down to is this, if someone is going to read through so much text it needs to be interesting, points need to be stressed and put together in such a manner that people will remember it and I think that's been achieved.

As for calling out little kids, no, not at all, I make no reference to age group and I know people of all ages do it here. So really the only leg you have to stand on is that you're pissed off that you got banned for shitting on someone when it's been one of the oldest rules in the book at TechPB that you never dump on someone for asking a question and now you see an excuse to complain. If you've been here from the start you should know how things work around here and you should probably also know that when I post something I think it through. I have 11,000+ posts and I've been here for going on 5 years, 4 years of that on staff and I've only once posted something breaking the rules and that motherfucker deserved it....

So yeah, if you'd like to continue this feel free but you're wasting your time and don't have a leg to stand on. This is an informational post, I'm trying to help people move their products, get some more business going and in turn attract more people to our BST and you're pissed off because you got banned when you truly deserved it, noted.

#26 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Ok so there is a difference between telling one person he or she is stupid and telling a bunch of people that they are stupid weather it's indirect or not it is still the same to an extent. And I was just pointing out the cursing for the simple fact that orange is a mod ( hence and employee) of techpb and should conduct himself to a higher standard than the members. Him complaining about prices is very childish if you don't like the price you can find It somewhere else or do without. that's fine that mike is lax with cursing for members but he needs to be more strict for his employees it is extremely unprofessional. Now for mikes post that you kindly provided that's great I love to answer questions. I do not like to spoon feed people. There is no reason to make 6 posts asking simple questions that you could have found the answer yourself, now if your asking what should I get or mysterious problems ect that's fine it's good to hear from multiple people and then make a decision or figure a problem out. That is what forums should used for they are a collection of knowledge and knowledgeable people not a place to go cus your lazy and don't want work for an answer.
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#27 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ok so there is a difference between telling one person he or she is stupid and telling a bunch of people that they are stupid weather it's indirect or not it is still the same to an extent. And I was just pointing out the cursing for the simple fact that orange is a mod ( hence and employee) of techpb and should conduct himself to a higher standard than the members. Him complaining about prices is very childish if you don't like the price you can find It somewhere else or do without. that's fine that mike is lax with cursing for members but he needs to be more strict for his employees it is extremely unprofessional. Now for mikes post that you kindly provided that's great I love to answer questions. I do not like to spoon feed people. There is no reason to make 6 posts asking simple questions that you could have found the answer yourself, now if your asking what should I get or mysterious problems ect that's fine it's good to hear from multiple people and then make a decision or figure a problem out. That is what forums should used for they are a collection of knowledge and knowledgeable people not a place to go cus your lazy and don't want work for an answer.

When can you learn to just drop something? If it wasn't worth a ban then in shouldn't be worth you still whining about it. The only way out of this gigantic hole you've dug yourself in is to let go of it.
I am a raccoon.

#28 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Never said anyone was stupid, never once used that word, I said "ridiculous" a few times, I said people were in denial or ignorant or that they didn't want to do the research on pricing. Nothing implies stupidity so now you're attempting to put words in my mouth since you have a serious lack of facts to back your position on this.

As for the cursing, Mike swears all the damn time, so does Willie, so do all of the staffers, I'm a person like anyone else. If I was 100% professional and approached things like an elementary school principal I wouldn't have the trust, credibility or bond to the people I do.

Next, complaining about prices? Once again, wrong, this is not a complaint, I frankly couldn't care less what someone prices their items at, if they want to overprice it that's their business and frankly makes it much easier for me to sell my items at reasonable prices. When I sold an 09 Ego there was currently 6 Ego 09's up on the BST some of which sat for months, mine sold the next day. So no, not at all a complaint, this is an observation based on several years of running the BST.

As for being an employee and having to be professional....Employee? Really? That's what you're shooting for now? Why don't you call up customer service and tell them I've ruined your customer experience....I'm a volunteer, I've never once received a single dollar for anything I've ever done here. Hell, Mike himself swears like a motherfucker and has made references to asianbeaver.com which has been sigged by a few people. Incase you haven't noticed over the nearly 5 years you've been here this isn't a white collar, suit and tie kind of organization. We're real people who don't bullshit anyone and who say it straight, that's the basis of TechPB's beginning and existence.

As for your position on spoon feeding people, if you don't want to spoon people don't fucking do it and don't bitch when someone asks a question. Once again for someone whose been around for oh so long and whose a cornerstone of the organization anyone can ask any question at anytime and they WILL get an answer and they won't be shit on by anyone who decides that they're the white knight of "Google that shit." If your position is that people shouldn't be asking questions which Google can answer and you want to shit on them this isn't the forum for you.

Oh and incase this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

^ That's going to get sigged by someone.

#29 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

purple monkey dishwasher.

I dunno man, that's a little over the top.

#30 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

][/size]

I'd do it but my sig is better

#31 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Fine, I'll take it.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

#32 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

moon, not a single person's name was mentioned in here, not a single thread was referred to in here, there is nothing at all which refers to any one particular seller, product and nothing that could point to any one person in particular no matter how hard you try. You shit on one person in particular in their own thread so it was very blatantly pointed at someone when he was looking for a simple answer. That is what this forum is for, for information, for people to ask questions, if "Fuck off go Google it" was the phrase of the day everyday these forums would have no reason to exist.

Did I curse? Yes, is that against the rules? No. Is it professional? Probably not, does it need to be? No. What it comes down to is this, if someone is going to read through so much text it needs to be interesting, points need to be stressed and put together in such a manner that people will remember it and I think that's been achieved.

As for calling out little kids, no, not at all, I make no reference to age group and I know people of all ages do it here. So really the only leg you have to stand on is that you're pissed off that you got banned for shitting on someone when it's been one of the oldest rules in the book at TechPB that you never dump on someone for asking a question and now you see an excuse to complain. If you've been here from the start you should know how things work around here and you should probably also know that when I post something I think it through. I have 11,000+ posts and I've been here for going on 5 years, 4 years of that on staff and I've only once posted something breaking the rules and that motherfucker deserved it....

So yeah, if you'd like to continue this feel free but you're wasting your time and don't have a leg to stand on. This is an informational post, I'm trying to help people move their products, get some more business going and in turn attract more people to our BST and you're pissed off because you got banned when you truly deserved it, noted.

I did brake the rules, and you had every right to ban me. am I pissed? no. kinda figured something would have happened like a ban. You would know if I was pissed I'd be conducting myself the way I did with Justin. Now I am saying you conduct yourself in an unprofessional manor. And as far as I'm concerned Justin deserved what I said so you telling everyone here that you broke the rules and flamed someone cus they " deserved it" just makes yourself look as bad as me. Good job orange
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#33 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Justin didn't deserve it, he asked a question, that's what the forums are for. The guy I flamed called a kid a "fucking retard" when he was a new player and asked what he deemed to be a stupid question, he had made a habit of doing things like that and I told him he was "Nothing but an asshole and a troll". So yes, he deserved it, you on the other hand choose to attack people for asking a common question, so no, I'm not as bad as you, but thank you for admitting that you were bad. In 593 posts you have 3 infractions, in 14,139 I have one....

If you honestly believe that shitting on someone for asking a question is right then you definitely aren't the kind of user we want here. So you have a choice, you can cut the shit and be done with it and not harp on people for doing what they're supposed to or you can continue being toxic to the forums and have a very short amount of time left here.

As for being unprofessional I believe I've already addressed that issue.

Purple. Monkey. Dishwasher.

#34 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Posted Image

#35 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

Definitely pre-mature/irrelevant, the message of the thread is 100% relevant, acceptable and still productive.

#36 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

jumped the gun... damn... *backs away slowly, hanging my head in shame*

#37 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

It's okay, we all make mistakes....

#38 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ok this should make -ORaNGe- happy: http://www.techpb.co...0 Sold in about 3 hours after posting!

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#39 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm not here to argue with you iv stated my opinion and ill stand by it and as far as I know iv only had 2 infractions not 3 unless I just got another for being level headed. And as far as I'm concerned people deserving a good flaming is all opinion, I think he did you don't ok that's fine dusnt mean I wouldn't do it again if I had the choice
Ironmen Timmy for sale

#40 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

If i hadnt gotten my new Legendary pokemon i wouldve offered on that. ive always liked old timmies and old timmy clones

#41 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm not here to argue with you iv stated my opinion and ill stand by it and as far as I know iv only had 2 infractions not 3 unless I just got another for being level headed. And as far as I'm concerned people deserving a good flaming is all opinion, I think he did you don't ok that's fine dusnt mean I wouldn't do it again if I had the choice

The point is there shouldnt be flaming, regardless. If someone is being a dick then sure go to town on them, but if someone is asking a question there's no need for it... People shouldn't be afraid to ask about anything paintball related here.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#42 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

So clearly the 7 days off for flaming him didn't teach you a lesson, perhaps another 2 will act as a good refresher.

#43 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Orange is not this bad ass in real life. He's ight
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#44 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

In the spirit of being an unprofessional staff member...

I'M A CHILD! I'M A CHILD! I'M A 20 YEAR OLD MAN CHILD!

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#45 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Orange is not this bad ass in real life. He's ight

I'm reminded of this...

The interwebz works under a different set of rules. On here we are all super jacked, insanely handsome professional paintball players who are paid to play. And after every game we ride home in our Lamborghinis and are neck deep in international supermodels. I thought you knew how this worked?

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#46 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

So clearly the 7 days off for flaming him didn't teach you a lesson, perhaps another 2 will act as a good refresher.

I dunno Orange, he said "if he had the choice". He might not do it again if he knew he was gonna get punished the way he did. In all fairness it does limit choices. Further punishment without him actually acting on it, or giving him a chance or time to reflect on his actions may be counter productive. It takes time for people to self realize. More punishment may distance this goal.

There is too much trying to change people here on both sides of the fence. People should intrinsically want to change for it to occur, and accusations/flaming are not productive ways to do so IMHO.

Moon: I realize how you must have been very frustrated when you read Justins thread. Some peoples google foo is a bit weaker than others, and other people may appreciate direct feedback to their questions. Heck, I get frustrated when I see VS threads of the same markers right beside each other, especially when most of the time the best marker is personal preference! But I need to choose my battles, and I opt to just press the back button. Your intent was to change the OP to force him to be resourceful and use resources you are familiar with. While you can point these resources out politely, flaming isn't very productive and may distance the poster into further perusing this sport. Having people from all ages, we need to be accommodating and respectful, and if we cant - we need to move on and be the bigger person.

Orange: A nice meme would be great to promote your goal to make the bst a more price savvy place. Provides humour which is more amiable to peoples conscience. Not saying your original post was not entertaining or memorable, but adding a meme would go a long way and lighten the mood. Posted Image

Edited by Danny D, 11 June 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#47 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

but in all honesty the BST on here is Laughable.

Some of these "prices" I'd pay if I were conducting it in person since I would be able to Strip the marker and shoot it, I'd pay a higher price for that, but on here it just seems since were such a Tight knit Family we rip each other off like we do our real family.

#48 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Brilliant, put your used gun at retail so people will offer trades. That makes as much sense as using DP 40 on your g4.

#49 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

It's the stubborn immaturity of people like that that makes me consider becoming a mod.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#50 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Brilliant, put your used gun at retail so people will offer trades. That makes as much sense as using DP 40 on your g4.

Not retail, i think it was a fair price considering it was my only marker and loader. Id need to replace that stuff with a new gun so i priced it high enough that i could afford... say an eNVy with blackheart and a new halo or something

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users