• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Triscuit407

Triscuit407

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I've been searching around for guns under $300 and I'm kind of overwhelmed. I'm one of those that really gets in to researching when I get into something and I know that I would really like an electronic marker with an on/off ASA, tool less clamping feed neck, and at least a 12 inch stock barrel. I don't really want to pour that much into upgrades. Actually, I don't mind upgrading the barrel if its a crap stock one. Thanks for the help!
Posted Image
UCF!

#2 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

extcy or G4. people are going to bandwagon and say the G4 is terrible. they really arent if you know how to use them right. if you find one used with a techt engine it will shoot better than almost everything in the price range. dont get a used axe because we tell you to. Pick up guns and hold them, find out whats comfortable. A comfortable gun is better than a smooth one. If an axe is comfortable to you, get it. otherwise forget the axe entirely

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 13 June 2013 - 09:32 AM.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

If you are willing to buy used, a PM8, older Ego, or Protege/Vice would be great guns for that kind of money.

#4 Triscuit407

Triscuit407

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I think I'm leaning toward the G4. I saw the complaints about the bolt stick but I saw that I can pick up some thin oil and get some lube for the reg spring and should be good to go. I'll look into the techt engine since I don't really need any other upgrades right away. Feelin good about this. Thanks guys
Posted Image
UCF!

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

The Rail beats the G4. The only thing I can think of thats better about the G4 is it using all metal components, the Rail uses a composite grip frame. The Rail is smoother shooting, quieter and just as efficient, plus you don't need to drop cash on an upgrade.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

eXTCy > Rail > Mini > G4

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

eXTCy is equal or better than the rail, especially with your preferences. Minis suck a chode, but I'd look at one over the G4. Again, not the bolt stick that's the true problem. It's the fact that the G4 doesn't shoot well. And upgrades? Please. A new barrel will not improve accuracy, and by the time you got the techt bolt, which I do agree makes it shoot nice, you'd already have spent enough to just get a used mid end such as an Axe or Invasion or Reflex Rail.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

The rail is bullshit. no on/off, no leverlock, crap board, dogshit trigger, stupid reg removal, need i go on? the extcy is worlds better than the rail, the g4 is worlds better, the mini is better, literally everything in that price range is better than the rail. you would be better off with a g4 or extcy.

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

The rail is bullshit. no on/off, no leverlock, crap board, dogshit trigger, stupid reg removal, need i go on? the extcy is worlds better than the rail, the g4 is worlds better, the mini is better, literally everything in that price range is better than the rail. you would be better off with a g4 or extcy.

You seem like someone who has never shot a Rail and never seen a G4 go down for no reason. Only thing I'd agree with is the difficulty in changing the board settings on the Rail.

#10 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

What about a used axe?
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#11 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Used axe or GoG eXTCy
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#12 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

The eXTCy is a good gun. My daughter loves it. We haven't had any problems and I don't see a reason to need to upgrade her from that gun for a long time. It is a lot of gun for the money.

#13 Triscuit407

Triscuit407

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

What seems like almost everyone can fully agree on is that the eXTCy is a pretty good marker in my price range. Plus I can change the color if I felt like I guess, but I don't really see why too much. If I really wanted to I've seen some upgrades, but if I get it I feel like I won't have the urge to do anything to it right away. I checked out TechPBMike's review and when he got the gun it came with a 14" barrel, but I can only find it sold with a 12" and 13". Oh well. This is the gun I'm going to get. Plus it's one of the cheaper options besides a used gun(I don't like buying used). Thanks for the help everyone. I'm looking forward to playing PB for a long time.
Posted Image
UCF!

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

No problem. But also: do not waste money into upgrades on a low end gun. That is of course, you dont plan of having that gun forever as your sole single marker. But you're a soon to be paintballer. The gun whoring or gun hoarding will start to consume you, like it did with all of us.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 jakesd1995

jakesd1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

get a used Axe or Mini, you can keep one of those forever without having to upgrade anything!

#16 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

You seem like someone who has never shot a Rail and never seen a G4 go down for no reason. Only thing I'd agree with is the difficulty in changing the board settings on the Rail.

My brother owns a purple one. I like it better than an axe, which i think is a bit sad. Dont believe me? Its Pump Player, go ask him if he owns it

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 14 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#17 SnapShotPB

SnapShotPB

Uhhhhh... I play paintball...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

People all ways recomend expensive guns, you would be fine with smart parts ion. But if you want a really good starter gun get a pmr or a mini.

Wish I could play paintball every day... :(

#18 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Used etek if your a newbie those things never die

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#19 GeorgeTheTurtle

GeorgeTheTurtle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Used Ego 7 easy maintenance, high end so you can compete with the other players, and meets all of your requirements. You can probably get them just under that $300 dollar mark of yours.

#20 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

extcy or G4. people are going to bandwagon and say the G4 is terrible. they really arent if you know how to use them right. if you find one used with a techt engine it will shoot better than almost everything in the price range. dont get a used axe because we tell you to. Pick up guns and hold them, find out whats comfortable. A comfortable gun is better than a smooth one. If an axe is comfortable to you, get it. otherwise forget the axe entirely

People always say G4s are crap but they really aren't, I used to shoot one and it was great.

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#21 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

my g4 was shit same with my step brothers and my step dads

#22 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I never know when "shit" is a good thing or bad thing today.

#23 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ive found that generally "the shit" is good, shit is bad, and something that shits on something else is better. I can't keep up with these dang kids with their swaggles and yolo yoyos.

^but to OP, either an extcy or something used

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#24 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Ive found that generally "the shit" is good, shit is bad, and something that shits on something else is better. I can't keep up with these dang kids with their swaggles and yolo yoyos.
hahahaha

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#25 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have a Rail, it's my first and only electric gun I have shot. I have never had any problems with it and it shoots really smooth. The three problems with it are: no on/off, no clamping feedneck, and (this really doesn't matter b/c what modes do you actually use?) not as good of a board as the blackheart.

If you really want a clamping feedneck, on/off, and more modes, than DEFINITELY get an eXTCy because that will give you everything you want. Neither gun comes with a 14" barrel unfortunately.

The only main perk to the rail is that it's lighter (composite/ultralight frame), the eyepipe is nice too, and from what I have heard, it's smoother. I have never shot an eXTCy but I have NEVER heard anyone complain about it, and most people think the trigger is a ton better than the Rail's.  Either gun will be a mistake in my opinion and I don't know enough about the G4 so I can't give my opinion on that.

Buy an eXTCy!

Edited by thetinman, 04 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users