Photo

Etha vs g5 vs any other under $400 gun

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Etha vs g5 vs any other under $400 gun (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Is used worth it?

1. Yes (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. its doesn't matter (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LIpaintballer

LIpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

i am interested in purchasing a new gun at below $400 i am wondering which gun would be the best i am looking for an efficient gun. I am interested in what makes what you think is better better. is there another sub $400 gun that is really efficient and smooth?

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Well yes both of those guns are terrible for the price, and used is a much better option. I suggest, especially for that price, to look at a used axe. Very smooth, and nicely efficient.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Both these are inefficient. Look for a used Axe, Ego or Vice.

#4 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think etha and g5 are better than the axe. i would pick the etha of the two. you can have it tacticool or speedball set up. looks better than the g5. shoots better, nicer trigger IMO, and damned good CS. That said, the etha is a great gun, so CS doesnt matter.

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 13 June 2013 - 02:39 PM.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Again, you're the wierd minority that likes kicky guns and guns that no one else likes in effort to prove that you are different so people give you attention.

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Etha is hardly a great gun, not very reliable either...

#7 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

It's not for attention, i just really dislike a buttery quiet gun. theres just no satisfaction in using it. maybe if i played tourneys and stuff id like quiet guns, but since i play recball, i like a cannon. thats just what i prefer.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

I see the Axe being better just because of its efficiency and trigger.

#9 andres77

andres77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

I would challenge you to look at the crossover. Its 349 and I love mine. Shoots great and as the efficiency tests people have done on YouTube its pretty efficient. Once you take the extra trigger spring out its a nice trigger pull. Also it can shoot without batteries and is backed by a great company.

#10 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

If you're looking for a marker whose efficiency is head and shoulders above others, I wouldn't recommend the Etha or G5. I'd suggest a used Ego, Etek, Axe, Vice, or Protoge.

Edited by Cj R, 13 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#11 LIpaintballer

LIpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

i really dislike the axe's ergos what about the macdev drone?

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

How did you hold the Axe? The Drone's ergos are different for sure, I didn't think there was much room between the trigger guard and reg and the grips are extremely hard.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 June 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#13 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

Again, you're the wierd minority that likes kicky guns and guns that no one else likes in effort to prove that you are different so people give you attention.

Your the one to talk, recommending disruptive to everyone.

Edited by zecrom_89, 13 June 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#14 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'm right there with you. I held a Drone and I liked it better than the Axe, but for me, the Axe's ergos aren't hard to beat. Use one yourself for a definite answer.

#15 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Everyone jump on the Axe bandwagon !!!

Zephyr-_Z.png

#16 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

ooooooo he got you there !!! ^^

Zephyr-_Z.png

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

It's a brand that I think is good. I just do. Barrels are preference, and I prefer the Disruptive Barrels. Pants, when you get to pick out of the good ones, are also preference, and I still agree and highly recommend other brands. Same as headbands. And gloves. That's different.
What he's doing is:
"Hey people don't like this gun/brand/aspect, so I'm going to try to justify it so I'm known as the guy who likes bad stuff so I can be recognized for being unique and different. And you know what? While I'm at it, lets spread the untested, oddly prefered passion for bad stuff to the world by recommending it it unsuspecting newbies. God I'm so hardcore for being different"
He's like the annoying hipster who likes a kimchi, and tries to justify it being good. Now there are some people who like it, and that's fine. But recommending it on people and trying to say that the rest of the world's taste buds are wrong and saying that it's actually good due to the fact that he personally likes it is stupid. He gets the benefit of having devout odd group of kimchi lovers amoungst a population that mostly does not like it, as well as the attention for starting it all.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 14 June 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#18 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

It's a brand that I think is good. I just do. Barrels are preference, and I prefer the Disruptive Barrels. Pants, when you get to pick out of the good ones, are also preference, and I still agree and highly recommend other brands. Same as headbands. And gloves. That's different.
What he's doing is:
"Hey people don't like this gun/brand/aspect, so I'm going to try to justify it so I'm known as the guy who likes bad stuff so I can be recognized for being unique and different. And you know what? While I'm at it, lets spread the untested, oddly prefered passion for bad stuff to the world by recommending it it unsuspecting newbies. God I'm so hardcore for being different"
He's like the annoying hipster who likes a kimchi, and tries to justify it being good. Now there are some people who like it, and that's fine. But recommending it on people and trying to say that the rest of the world's taste buds are wrong and saying that it's actually good due to the fact that he personally likes it is stupid. He gets the benefit of having devout odd group of kimchi lovers amoungst a population that mostly does not like it, as well as the attention for starting it all.

"It's not for attention, i just really dislike a buttery quiet gun. theres just no satisfaction in using it. maybe if i played tourneys and stuff id like quiet guns, but since i play recball, i like a cannon. thats just what i prefer."
I don't see him saying anybody is wrong just stating his opinion. You seem to be taking this very personally. By the way disruptive sucks eggs.

#19 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

What he's doing is:

"It's not for attention, i just really dislike a buttery quiet gun. theres just no satisfaction in using it. maybe if i played tourneys and stuff id like quiet guns, but since i play recball, i like a cannon. thats just what i prefer."
I don't see him saying anybody is wrong just stating his opinion. You seem to be taking this very personally. By the way disruptive sucks eggs.

got my popcorn ready. this shit is about to get real !!!

Edited by Zephyr-_z, 14 June 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Zephyr-_Z.png

#20 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

What he's doing is:

got my popcorn ready. this shit is about to get real !!!

Edited by zecrom_89, 14 June 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#21 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

:dodgy:

#22 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

I would go with a used bob long vice, as it's very efficient, and it's a high end marker. You may also want to look into used dm's, as they will have decent efficiency and shoot very well. So I would definitely go used, as an used vice or dm9 will be much better than a g5 or an etha.

#23 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Zecrom, Let it go. he can like what he wants to like. this whole rivalry between you two is getting old... Orange, I'm honestly not doing it for attention. I like stuff that i like. Me liking guns that are kicky and loud is like you liking disruptive. I like a gun thats interesting to shoot, you like to support a business thats local and doesnt put out the greatest products consistenly. I really dont see why you have such an issue with my marker preferences. I dont rag on you for liking the gog enmey, or using disruptive. Just let me like what i want to like and quit giving me shit about it. I thought you were a junior. Be mature like one.

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 14 June 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Understood. Hell, I thought we dropped this. But hey, at least tell the newbies that you prefer such markers for your reasons rather than saying that it's just better.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 14 June 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#25 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Fair enough.

#26 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

:tup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users