4 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

I recently got a proto primo and I love it. So I thought that if you took the shelve from the primo, stuck it in a rotor, wouldn't that increase fire rate and decrease jams? This would probably only work on blowbacks, but I still think it would be cool.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Because a rotor is a force feed loader, it does not suffer from "3 stooges syndrome" in the ball stack like a gravity loader. In the rotor, there is a rotor arm that is actually pushing the ball stack towards the breach.

edit: no it won't help any

Edited by DamianE, 13 June 2013 - 03:17 PM.

naimadamian.png

#3 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh, just making a guess
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,119 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

i notice this on my proph, when you have it on the slowest least powerful settings, a full loader can put enough pressure on the drive cone to slow it down or stop it even more. at SOME point there is going to be enough downward pressure from the hopper of balls to slow it, but as i said, i have never really seen it.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 Troy

Troy

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

i notice this on my proph, when you have it on the slowest least powerful settings, a full loader can put enough pressure on the drive cone to slow it down or stop it even more. at SOME point there is going to be enough downward pressure from the hopper of balls to slow it, but as i said, i have never really seen it.

I think that, if done right, it could decrease the chance of paint getting popcorned up. There would have to be some work put in to make sure that paint couldn't get jammed against the shelf, and that would be my biggest concern (besides the obvious decrease in capacity).
\m/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users