• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey the guy at my pro-shop says to get Valken Graffiti but I've heard that Premium is better. What's your guys take on this and why? Btw I live in San Diego, California.

Edited by Ben123, 14 June 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#2 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

RPS premium is good paint here in florida. we really cant tell you whats better unless we live where you live. however, if graffiti is the one im thinking of Premium is a better paint under most circumstances

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#3 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

RPS premium is good paint here in florida. we really cant tell you whats better unless we live where you live. however, if graffiti is the one im thinking of Premium is a better paint under most circumstances

Oh ok thanks and btw I live in California. Sorry for not including that.

#4 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Where in Cali, and graffiti performs pretty well.

#5 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Where in Cali, and graffiti performs pretty well.

San Diego County and that's all I'm saying haha.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Then go with premium. Don't they make it in california?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Just from my experiences with Valken, I'd never buy it. Used it once in a scenario game and I chopped like a mofo even while shooting 250ish in an attempt to stop it. I know how to take care of paint, and that's the only brand I've EVER had problems with.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#8 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Then go with premium. Don't they make it in california?

Ok I'll go with premium thanks!

Edited by Ben123, 14 June 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#9 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Just from my experiences with Valken, I'd never buy it. Used it once in a scenario game and I chopped like a mofo even while shooting 250ish in an attempt to stop it. I know how to take care of paint, and that's the only brand I've EVER had problems with.

Ya I'm going with Premium

#10 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Ehhhh... Graffiti is the best mid-grade paint I've ever shot. The Redemption paint is also really good. Although I believe their lower line paints are piss poor. And Graffiti smells like chocolate, which is always a win :)

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well I'm sure it's also based on region, though graffiti seems to be less reliable in my area. Premium is the best mid grade paint I've shot, as is custom blend, and it seems to be, for the most part, widely accepted as good paint. Graffiti seems to be excellent for some, and terrible for others.

#12 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Ehhhh... Graffiti is the best mid-grade paint I've ever shot. The Redemption paint is also really good. Although I believe their lower line paints are piss poor. And Graffiti smells like chocolate, which is always a win :)

Haha yes it is always good to smell like chocolate when you come home from a day of paintball! Haha ;) ya idk which to get! Btw what state do you live in if you don't mind me asking..?

Well I'm sure it's also based on region, though graffiti seems to be less reliable in my area. Premium is the best mid grade paint I've shot, as is custom blend, and it seems to be, for the most part, widely accepted as good paint. Graffiti seems to be excellent for some, and terrible for others.

#13 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Ya I've heard nothing but good things about premium. But Graffiti is a hit and miss with people. Here's a question for you! Say both Premium and Graffiti were both made right next to where you live.. Which paint would you rather get? Kind of an irrelevant question.. But I was just wondering!

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Premium. Premium all day. I live in Arizona.

#15 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Premium. Premium all day. I live in Arizona.

#16 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

Well I live in Southern Cali so it can't be all that different can it? Btw I'm getting the Invert Mini so I don't know if that'll change anything.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Know it wont. Can't see why it would. But no, it wont make much difference. Just go with premium and call it a day. There's such a small chance that you'd be disappointed, and that's if you're unlucky and get a bad batch

#18 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Ok I'll get premium for sure! Thanks alot!

Know it wont. Can't see why it would. But no, it wont make much difference. Just go with premium and call it a day. There's such a small chance that you'd be disappointed, and that's if you're unlucky and get a bad batch

#19 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

It could be the moisture in the air over here closer to the coast, but Valken has always given me problems. I could blame the hopper, as my Rotor couldn't consistently feed it, but it just made my marker a mess.

Edited by Cj R, 15 June 2013 - 03:14 AM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#20 Paintball71

Paintball71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

West Michigan. Valken I've never had a problem with..

#21 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

It could be the moisture in the air over here closer to the coast, but Valken has always given me problems. I could blame the hopper, as my Rotor couldn't consistently feed it, but it just made my marker a mess.

Ok thanks I'll just get premium!

West Michigan. Valken I've never had a problem with..

Ya it definitely depends on region because everyone over there says Valken is great but everyone over here says its the worst paint ever! Haha thanks for your help!

#22 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Graffiti works great where I'm at, but I haven't been able to shoot much premium. However I live in Colorado.
I am a raccoon.

#23 vector911

vector911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I shoot mainly premium since my local store moves a ton of it for $46 a case. Last week they were out and I tried graffiti for the first time at $49 a case. Graffiti bored at .683 had a nice bright fill, but not as thick as premium. Shot pretty well even in the low 90's. The silicon packs in each bag keeps the paint nice in less than desirable storage conditions the day of play where premium would usually sweat oil.

Overall on a super hot day id rather shoot graffiti if I'm storing paint poorly. Give me a cooler or some shade is stick with premium. Heads up, premium blue fill is awful to see break on players.

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Mostly it'd be orange or yellow^
I play in 100 plus temperatures and premium works great.

#25 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I shoot mainly premium since my local store moves a ton of it for $46 a case. Last week they were out and I tried graffiti for the first time at $49 a case. Graffiti bored at .683 had a nice bright fill, but not as thick as premium. Shot pretty well even in the low 90's. The silicon packs in each bag keeps the paint nice in less than desirable storage conditions the day of play where premium would usually sweat oil.

Overall on a super hot day id rather shoot graffiti if I'm storing paint poorly. Give me a cooler or some shade is stick with premium. Heads up, premium blue fill is awful to see break on players.

Ok I'll just ask the guy at the shop which works best in my area because he will know because he lives there! Thanks for your answer!

Mostly it'd be orange or yellow^
I play in 100 plus temperatures and premium works great.

Ya which do you think works better orange or yellow?

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Well it doesnt really matter. Is your field Field Paint Only? Because if that's the case, buy whatever they have, because most likely they won't let you bring in your paint, even if it's the same brand.

#27 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'd go with premium. Graffiti has a pretty crappy fill. It's very thin and dark. Grafitti might have a better shell but like everyone is saying, it depends where you live. Humidity/temperature mess with the shell. In Canada, I love graffitis shell.

#28 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

See, I live in Virginia, and Graffiti has always performed stellar, especially well over the GI paint. And all the Graffiti I ever shot had rather thick fill... I think a lot of it has to do with how your field stores the paint though. We always kept it in a temperature controlled office in the proshop at the field. And it was a new shipment every week. If your field has it on location longer, in a not so well climate controlled environment, you will run into issues.

#29 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

But the quality of the brand also depends on location as well^

#30 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Premium has never failed me, ever, but if stored right graffiti is great as well.

#31 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I found even crusade to have a worse shell than graffiti, but a thicker fill.

Edited by J manwill, 18 June 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#32 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well it doesnt really matter. Is your field Field Paint Only? Because if that's the case, buy whatever they have, because most likely they won't let you bring in your paint, even if it's the same brand.

My field allows you to bring your own paint. I'll ask the guy at the proshop which is better in my area thanks for all your help! And everyone else!

#33 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Well again, where are you? California Region? Because I live in Arizona and Premium works spectacular

#34 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Well again, where are you? California Region? Because I live in Arizona and Premium works spectacular

Yes I live in Cali. I'll ask the guy at the proshop! Thanks for all your help!

#35 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

#36 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

Ok so I ended up getting there and he said that the graffiti worked great were I live. And that the packaging on the graffiti was alot better. So I got a case of graffiti. I might switch it up to experiment with the two paints.. But so far the graffiti looks pretty good. Haven't shot it yet. Just looked at it ;). No breaks in bag, looks fab haha thanks!

#37 eleee3

eleee3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Southern CA, Inland Empire area. Premium and Graffiti are different paints imo. Graffiti is more similar to Marbalizers where it's a harder, smoother shell, rounder, more consistent size compared to Premium. Premium is thicker and more brittle. Personally I prefer Graffiti and Marbalizers over Premium because sometimes I get those boxes of Premiums where there are a ton of balls dented. It just feels like I just waste my money on a box of useless paintballs. If the place you shop allows you to open the box and inspect before buying I would by the Premiums. If you want to make sure 99.99% of the boxes you buy are okay and are okay with thiner paint and harder shell go for the Graffiti.

#38 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Southern CA, Inland Empire area. Premium and Graffiti are different paints imo. Graffiti is more similar to Marbalizers where it's a harder, smoother shell, rounder, more consistent size compared to Premium. Premium is thicker and more brittle. Personally I prefer Graffiti and Marbalizers over Premium because sometimes I get those boxes of Premiums where there are a ton of balls dented. It just feels like I just waste my money on a box of useless paintballs. If the place you shop allows you to open the box and inspect before buying I would by the Premiums. If you want to make sure 99.99% of the boxes you buy are okay and are okay with thiner paint and harder shell go for the Graffiti.

Ok thanks

#39 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Graffiti is pretty nice with the moisture removing packets but premium is way better since u live where u do

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#40 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

I believe Valken paints are made in china. Premium is great, sometimes. I've gotten bad batches. Valken is built to last better for shipping ans such. Both paints are good. I am also in So-cal

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#41 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

I haven't used the graffiti but I've used other valken paintball and the bounce A LOT. I mean, in one game I got hit in the head (not the mask but my head), the ass and the shoulder and they all bounced. I only got our because I got hit in the pod pack

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users