#1 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hello people,

I was wanting to know if there is anyway i can set my trigger on my extcy to hit the micro switch near the end of the pull. I don't want to sand down part of the trigger. I dont really want to buy a violent series trigger right now either, but ff i get the violent series trigger, will it fix this? I just want to make sure before i spend 40 dollars on a piece of metal if it will fix my problem.

Thanks

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#2 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Adjust the bottom screw of the trigger toy your liking
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Adjust the post travel screw, the one that's sticking out if the back of the trigger.

#4 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I've adjusted both the best I can. Neither of them adjust where the micro switch is triggered.

#5 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hi Duck!

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. There is w no way to adjust where the microswitch is activated on the GOG extcy stock trigger.

There is also no way to adjust at what point the microswitch is activated on the violent series aftermarket trigger. It is what it is.

Hope that answers your question, enjoy the marker!

Edited by Soundwave, 16 June 2013 - 06:20 AM.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#6 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hi Duck!

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. There is w no way to adjust where the microswitch is activated on the GOG extcy stock trigger.

There is also no way to adjust at what point the microswitch is activated on the violent series aftermarket trigger. It is what it is.

It's ok man, thanks for your help, I have a couple of questions.

What would you say the best way to set the trigger for semi play without sanding it? I know everything is personal preference, but I really need some suggestions!

If I do get the violent trigger, and i want to sand the part that hits the micro switch, how would I go about sanding down the point that activates the micro switch? Is it possible? Since the trigger is derlin?

#7 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I dont understand. With the post and pre travel screws, you should be able to get what you want. I have mine set up exactly how you described it.

I wouldnt sand anything. Voids the warantee. Buy the other trigger if your intent is to sand, but again, unnecessary with the pre and post screws.

#8 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I dont understand. With the post and pre travel screws, you should be able to get what you want. I have mine set up exactly how you described it.

I wouldnt sand anything. Voids the warantee. Buy the other trigger if your intent is to sand, but again, unnecessary with the pre and post screws.

The only thing the pre and post travel screws do is determine how long the trigger pull is all together. It does not change when and where the micro switch is activated.

I am really not wanting to sand anything for that reason. I hope i can find a set up suitable though, or else i have no other choice.

#9 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

You set the post travel to stop just after the microswitch is tripped, and the pre travel for how long you want the travel to be. That's how you set up the activation point.

#10 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

You can't really set where the activation point is. Have any of you seem Mike's vibe blackheart revisited video? He goes over it all.

#11 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

You can't really set where the activation point is. Have any of you seem Mike's vibe blackheart revisited video? He goes over it all.

You dont need to move the activation point. Tactical twinkie is saying you can control how far the trigger moves before and after this activation point. Thats what pre and post travel means. You can easily set it up so that the trigger has a lot of pre travel and less post travel such that the activation point is at the end of the trigger pull as you requested. Might be a tad hard to wrap your head around but its not rocket science. Activation point adjustment is not necessary, sanding is not necessary.

If the length of trigger pull is the only thing those two screws do, why do you need two screws? Length is a single variable. Again, I have set up many triggers to do exactly as you requested. Microswitch activation point adjustment is never necessary. It is usually a luxury setting for trigger pull resistance as you can get the trigger closer in or farther out so the spring or magnets can do more or less work.

Edited by Danny D, 17 June 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#12 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hi Duck!

What would you say the best way to set the trigger for semi play without sanding it? I know everything is personal preference, but I really need some suggestions!

If I do get the violent trigger, and i want to sand the part that hits the micro switch, how would I go about sanding down the point that activates the micro switch? Is it possible? Since the trigger is derlin?

Hi Duck,

Sanding the activation nub would be way to adjust when the microswitch was activated. However, the danger you face is, of course, not having the option to make the trigger activate earlier if you sand too much off.

As far as setting up your trigger, you want to have your pre-travel adjustment as far forward as possible, giving you that long trigger pull that helps in semi-auto play and have the post-travel screw set so as to stop the trigger almost immediately after you hear the microswitch "click".

The benefit you will find with the violent trigger is that it is fitted with ball-bearings which will make the trigger pull MUCH smoother than the stock trigger. I personally prefer violent triggers and have them for all my guns that they are available for. I find that the shape they cut their delrin in is much better for semi play than any other I've used. You also get different magnets with it which will allow you to tune the trigger pull a little which you are otherwise unable to do.

For the time being, I would set your stock trigger up the way I've suggested. If you find you still don't like it, look into getting the violent trigger, but I would advise against sanding the violent series down at all.

Hope this helps

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#13 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hi Duck!

Hi Duck,

Sanding the activation nub would be way to adjust when the microswitch was activated. However, the danger you face is, of course, not having the option to make the trigger activate earlier if you sand too much off.

As far as setting up your trigger, you want to have your pre-travel adjustment as far forward as possible, giving you that long trigger pull that helps in semi-auto play and have the post-travel screw set so as to stop the trigger almost immediately after you hear the microswitch "click".

The benefit you will find with the violent trigger is that it is fitted with ball-bearings which will make the trigger pull MUCH smoother than the stock trigger. I personally prefer violent triggers and have them for all my guns that they are available for. I find that the shape they cut their delrin in is much better for semi play than any other I've used. You also get different magnets with it which will allow you to tune the trigger pull a little which you are otherwise unable to do.

For the time being, I would set your stock trigger up the way I've suggested. If you find you still don't like it, look into getting the violent trigger, but I would advise against sanding the violent series down at all.

Hope this helps

It does help very much. I am going to adjust the trigger the way you suggested. I'm sure it will help a lot. If i don't like it, GoG will send me a trigger for 5 bucks and i will sand it down and see if that helps. I am going to start saving for a violent series trigger and buy that next. Thank you very much for your time and help everybody!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users