7 replies to this topic

#1 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Im reletively new to owning my own paintball gear and would like to start playing on a weekly basis as soon as i get a job. (first interview tomorrow :D)so far i have a late 06 ego. with the 2 piece shaft barrel and maniac board. it shoots great, i also have a halo too hopper, empire E-vent mask, and an empire padded jersey. i do not have a tank yet because at all the paintball fields i go to i can rent a 48/3000 tank for $5. i do want to get a pod pack, pads, pants, tank, etc. in what order should i try to buy these items. currently for pants i just use track pants and i do not have any padding except for my jersey.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Get a tank. And don't get a _/3000 tank. Look into carbon fiber tanks, used or new is up to you. Then look into pads. You shouldn't have gotten a jersey, as they are useless, but oh well, at least you have a cool thing to wear. Padding on jerseys is 2mm max by tournament regulations, and is meant to promote bounces, not to protect you from hard impacts and rough terrain, like normal pads. After the pads, go for a pair of pants, and then just spend the rest of the time playing.

If you do not feel comfortable with that hopper, look into a superloader later down the road.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

Tank, pod pack, pads, whatever you want next, in that order.

#4 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Get a tank. And don't get a _/3000 tank. Look into carbon fiber tanks, used or new is up to you. Then look into pads. You shouldn't have gotten a jersey, as they are useless, but oh well, at least you have a cool thing to wear. Padding on jerseys is 2mm max by tournament regulations, and is meant to promote bounces, not to protect you from hard impacts and rough terrain, like normal pads. After the pads, go for a pair of pants, and then just spend the rest of the time playing.

If you do not feel comfortable with that hopper, look into a superloader later down the road.

Tank, pod pack, pads, whatever you want next, in that order.

thanks for the quick response. im familiar with most paintball equipment, in terms of actual specs of guns/hoppers/tanks/clothing items etc so i know what i would like to be buying. i was just looking for input from somebody who has complete gear and gun setup's perspective and opinion .on what would benifit to own first. the jersey is an empire contact jersey. got it used of a friend for $15, he only ever used it once. and im happy with the halo too. i have had no problems with it and don't really see the need to upgrade to a rotor/spire/z2 however after i get all my gear i will most likely get a z2/spire and use the internals of my halo for a pico hopper for pump play. thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#5 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Get pants, pads, and a x/4500 tank.

#6 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

With the way I slide (side of the leg/hip) pants should be fine, no extra padding necessary, depending on the pant. jersey are nice to have for bounces and I don't know about others, but my JT FX has sufficient arm padding for snake play. I would say pants first, then tank. If you notice that your pant padding isn't enough, get some older, but new, knee pads. Don't get used anything if it doesn't go on your gun, or is a gun. especially pads

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 22 June 2013 - 05:10 PM.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Used masks and soft goods have worked out well for me personally. *shrug*

#8 nightmareable6

nightmareable6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

My ultimate thing to tell you GET A TANK FIRST get a */4500 carbon fiber tank its better to own your own gun completly  then if your only speedball go for the pants then pod pack. pads are the last thing to get there not as important but again if only speedball then pads are good but still last  HOPE THIS HELPS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users