• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 T-MAN13

T-MAN13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have a setup and wanted to know if I should buy pants or both elbow pads and knee pads first. If you think differently then in what order?

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Knee pads, pants, then elbow pads. That's the way I'd buy. You can get away with knee pads under cheap bdus or something from your local army surplus store. I rocked that for 5 years before buying paintball pants. I didn't have elbow pads until a year and a half ago, and I survived.

#3 T-MAN13

T-MAN13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Knee pads, pants, then elbow pads. That's the way I'd buy. You can get away with knee pads under cheap bdus or something from your local army surplus store. I rocked that for 5 years before buying paintball pants. I didn't have elbow pads until a year and a half ago, and I survived.

But the pants are padded all over including the knees

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

That padding is there to get bounces and soften the blow so to speak, knee and elbow pads actually PROTECT from cuts, scrapes and impacts. Get knee pads, elbow pads and pants in that order.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well the knee padding, at least on my proto pants, is quite pathetic as far as protection is a slide or dive goes. The knee pads do much more. That's why I say get knee pads first. If you dive a lot, then I say get elbow pads before pants. I'm just suggesting off my personal experience.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ok so people need to understand that the padding is both to reinforce that area of the pants, as it is where the point of most contact with the ground is, and to promote bounces. Actual padding is meant to protect you from the serious stuff; It's there to soften the blow from hard dives, and prevent scratches and cuts from hard terrain.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

The pads built into the clothing will do very little for impacts with the ground. You still need something to protect you from the shock and strain from dives and slides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users