Photo

EMPIRE AXE VS PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK 4

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: ETEK 4 VS AXE (36 member(s) have cast votes)

EMPIRE AXE

1. GO FOR IT!!! (26 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. FORGET IT!!! (10 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK 4

1. GO FOR IT!!! (21 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. FORGET IT!!! (15 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Just read the other posts of this same topic dont post the same stuff over and over

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#52 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Lol more reliable is a gimmick from eclipse. Quicker to maintain? Axe is just as fast and easy. Shaft 4 barrel? What difference does that make. Spare parts? Empire CS makes up for that. Theyd give you a new gun if you complain. Case? Well thats a good point, but it won't affect preformance on the field. Please, tell me more how the board is better.

The Etek 4 is quicker to maintain because it has less orings on the bolt and rammer combined than the axe bolt. The shaft 4 barrel is longer,better honed and is a two piece resulting in greater accuracy and easier cleaning. The stock board on the Etek is far better than the axe's board because you do not have to take apart the grip on the etek to switch modes and edit settings, wear as with the axe you do have to take apart the grip to change and edit settings which in my opinion is very inconvenient.

The barrel does NOT AFFECT ACCURACY IN ANY WAY. The Axe also has a new board that doesn't require opening up the grips to change any settings.

First off I'd like to say that the Axe IS NOT a spool valve marker. Secondly the Etek 4 IS NOT a step up from the Etek 3… the markers are almost identical and their shot qualities are the same. You can find USED etek 3's for $250 and used Etek 4s for 350. I've seen used Axes go for $300. Now, I have owned the Etek 3, played with the Etek 4 and I just sold my Axe Pro. The Axe is by far the better marker as far as shot quality and is in my opinion just as reliable. There are only two issues with it: The non-user serviceable regulator (voids warranty) and the stock feed neck. I literally sheered that thing clean off with my knee and the threads were still in the feed neck hole. I replaced it with empires new feed neck which is a lot better. If you get the Axe, invest in the Boss V2 bolt and it will shoot smooth, I'm talking butter. Not to mention it will be quiet… unlike the cannon that is the Etek. The only thing the etek has going for it is ergonomics and that it is lighter than the Axe… the shot quality isn't anywhere near as good. Take it from someone who has owned these markers.

Etek 4 Has a new regulator, zick 2 rammer, new asa, 45degree swivel for regulator, new and more compact milling and comes with shaft 4 barrel.

Okay, you can parrot off the feature set from their advertisements but his point was that those changes don't make much of a difference.

#53 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 – 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

First off I'd like to say that the Axe IS NOT a spool valve marker. Secondly the Etek 4 IS NOT a step up from the Etek 3… the markers are almost identical and their shot qualities are the same. You can find USED etek 3's for $250 and used Etek 4s for 350. I've seen used Axes go for $300. Now, I have owned the Etek 3, played with the Etek 4 and I just sold my Axe Pro. The Axe is by far the better marker as far as shot quality and is in my opinion just as reliable. There are only two issues with it: The non-user serviceable regulator (voids warranty) and the stock feed neck. I literally sheered that thing clean off with my knee and the threads were still in the feed neck hole. I replaced it with empires new feed neck which is a lot better. If you get the Axe, invest in the Boss V2 bolt and it will shoot smooth, I'm talking butter. Not to mention it will be quiet… unlike the cannon that is the Etek. The only thing the etek has going for it is ergonomics and that it is lighter than the Axe… the shot quality isn't anywhere near as good. Take it from someone who has owned these markers.

Etek 4 Has a new regulator, zick 2 rammer, new asa, 45degree swivel for regulator, new and more compact milling and comes with shaft 4 barrel.

First, you are stupid if you think the etek 4 isnt an upgrade of the 3. Second,eteks shoot nice stock, but tuned they shoot about the same as an untuned axe from what ive read. 3, if you are going to make false statements at least keep them consistent through a single post

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#54 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

First, you are stupid if you think the etek 4 isnt an upgrade of the 3. Second,eteks shoot nice stock, but tuned they shoot about the same as an untuned axe from what ive read. 3, if you are going to make false statements at least keep them consistent through a single post

So you going to hate on anyone who says they don't like the etek, when you haven't even shot one?
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#55 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Nope.

Also that first paragraph was somebody elses post but the quoting didnt work apparently.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 23 June 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#56 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Nope.

i've made an etek 4 shoot that way..

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#57 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

So you going to hate on anyone who says they don't like the etek, when you haven't even shot one?

False. I've shot a few eteks. It's my third favorite poppet ive used. Legend is first and FX is second. (gotta love single reg FASORs) What i meant was i've never shot a tuned etek

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 23 June 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#58 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Edited by TIGREX ZX, 20 July 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#59 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Good choice. Have fun with the etek man!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users