• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 patbauer123

patbauer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

got a new axe, whats the best barrel out there thats not crazy expensive like the super freak etc.
ive been told dye ul vs. stock barrel vs. cp 14 in 2 piece vs. anything else out there im not mentioning
Posted Image

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

is there anything wrong with the stock barrel? just keep it and save your money

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Watch how straight my CP 14 in 2 piece barrel shoots
in this barrel cam video I made yesterday:

I recommend you click the Youtube icon
on the bottom bar of the video, to watch it on
Youtube and see the shots better. Maybe make it
full screen if you watch it on Youtube too.

Edited by Justin B., 21 June 2013 - 09:20 AM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=123dZ0Z9tZg

barrels don't affect accuracy. that video would have looked the same regardless of the barrel you were using.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#5 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

On running a lapco dessert edge fuse on my axe, very happy with it.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

barrels don't affect accuracy. that video would have looked the same regardless of the barrel you were using.

Yes, that's true. Its also more about the quality of the barrel and the cleanliness of the inside of it that affect accuracy.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yes, that's true. Its also more about the quality of the barrel and the cleanliness of the inside of it that affect accuracy.

Most any barrel is about the same quality. There's not really too big a difference between all the major brands.

To OP, I personally still like J&J barrels.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Most any barrel is about the same quality. There's not really too big a difference between all the major brands.

To OP, I personally still like J&J barrels.

I don't know if this is how you spell it or not but the inside of the barrel has honing and that is what I meant by quality of the barrel.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#9 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

Buy a nice underbore. Cp is nice, if you want to splurge buy a Shaft 4 or a UL.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#10 condowarren

condowarren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

The barrel kit that comes with the empire sniper is really nice

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

BARRELS DO NOT AFFECT ACCURACY. As long as you do not have a shitty barrel with shit inside of it then it will shoot just as straight as any other barrel.

Aldo that video is useless sound signature varies form marker to marker and your dont even have a reference marker.

#12 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

BARRELS DO NOT AFFECT ACCURACY. As long as you do not have a shitty barrel with shit inside of it then it will shoot just as straight as any other barrel.

Aldo that video is useless sound signature varies form marker to marker and your dont even have a reference marker.

Disagree. I've seen noticable differences between different barrels accuracy wise

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#13 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Here we go...

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Disagree. I've seen noticable differences between different barrels accuracy wise

Ooooh, so your subjective experience that I would bet money didnt isolate variables refutes the ridiculous amount of testing conducted by Punkworks and several other groups of players that all came to the same conclusion that barrels don affect accuracy? Really now...

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#15 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ooooh, so your subjective experience that I would bet money didnt isolate variables refutes the ridiculous amount of testing conducted by Punkworks and several other groups of players that all came to the same conclusion that barrels don affect accuracy? Really now...

My crossover had noticably better accuracy from my sly barrel over stock. if i get a chance, i will do some group testing with my legend's stock barrel, a proto stock barrel, and a CP one piece

#16 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

My crossover had noticably better accuracy from my sly barrel over stock. if i get a chance, i will do some group testing with my legend's stock barrel, a proto stock barrel, and a CP one piece

were you using different paint? you do realize that you're arguing with physics here. you know, the laws of the universe.

#17 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

were you using different paint? you do realize that you're arguing with physics here. you know, the laws of the universe.

Paint from not just the same case, but the same bag.

#18 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Paint from not just the same case, but the same bag.

even still. laws of the universe..

#19 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm arguing with Punkworks testing. I am in no way saying Punkworks is wrong. Paint is the biggest deciding factor in accuracy. I'm saying that barrels can, not will, have a noticable effect on accuracy. No matter what barrel you have, Evil will almost always shoot better than whitebox. But an aftermarket barrel will shoot evil straighter than stock

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 21 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#20 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'm arguing with Punkworks testing. I am in no way saying Punkworks is wrong. Paint is the biggest deciding factor in accuracy. I'm saying that barrels can, not will, have a noticable effect on accuracy. No matter what barrel you have, Evil will almost always shoot better than whitebox. But an aftermarket barrel will shoot evil straighter than stock

why is this? i'm pretty sure all barrels are just a metal / CF tube honed on the inside. what would make a CP barrel shoot the same paint any straighter than a stock axe barrel?

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

A stock Spyder, Brass Eagle or 98/A5 barrel is the only type that would have a finish/honing any worse than an aftermarket barrel. Even then I don't think the difference would really be that noticeable.

#22 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Critical 100g
- $80
- comes in lots of bore sizes
- looks amazing
- long control bore
- almost as light as a cf barrel

#23 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

why is this? i'm pretty sure all barrels are just a metal / CF tube honed on the inside. what would make a CP barrel shoot the same paint any straighter than a stock axe barrel?

I meant to write aftermarket underbore, not just aftermarket. Underboring provides a better shot quality from me shooting at my fence, im thinking because theres no room for the paint to bounce around inside the barrel. Underbore too much, however, and the paint will be less accurate, due to it "popping" back into its original shape after it exits the barrel

#24 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Critical 100g
- $80
- comes in lots of bore sizes
- looks amazing
- long control bore
- almost as light as a cf barrel

If you are looking at Aluminum, the Critical is my first choice as well. If Carbon Fibur is in your budget, I like the Deadlywind Fibur, it is a one piece design that uses Freak inserts. Very quiet, great looking and avilible in lengths from 8" - 18" . I use a 14" on my AXE and like having the extra couple inches from the stock 12".

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#25 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

There be a shitstorm a brewin'

You can shoot a mirror finish barrel or an old copper pipe, the crappy accuracy in paintball is due to the fact that you are shooting a 30g sphere filled with liquid. The means of delivery is insignificant.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 21 June 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

To the OP:
Don't listen to TippmannPlayer97. He's pretty ignorant and hardheaded, and very opinionated when it comes to subjects such as accuracy.
Also, accuracy is not affected by which barrel you use. It's mostly preference and looks. Barrels also affect sound, but not to a substantial amount.

My personal preference? Disruptive Deathtouch Barrels. Quietest aluminum barrels on the market(again, nothing substantial), has sick looks(again, preference), and is very, very light.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#27 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

I meant to write aftermarket underbore, not just aftermarket. Underboring provides a better shot quality from me shooting at my fence, im thinking because theres no room for the paint to bounce around inside the barrel. Underbore too much, however, and the paint will be less accurate, due to it "popping" back into its original shape after it exits the barrel

Neither of those things happens. Underbore is no more accurate than overbore.

#28 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

How do you know niether thing happens? have you shrunk down to size, crawled into a barrel and watched slow motion as the paint shoots? theres no way you could possibly prove paint doesnt bounce around in an overbore short of using a high speed camera and a clear barrel, even then it'll be difficult. And in an underbore, paint deforms. Once its out of the barrel only gravity, inertia and momentum are acting on it, therefore the paint will return to the sphere, instead of staying oval shaped. The more the paint has to move around to get back into it's spherical shape, the more it will deviate from its flight path

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 21 June 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#29 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

How do you know niether thing happens? have you shrunk down to size, crawled into a barrel and watched slow motion as the paint shoots? theres no way you could possibly prove paint doesnt bounce around in an overbore short of using a high speed camera and a clear barrel, even then it'll be difficult. And in an underbore, paint deforms. Once its out of the barrel only gravity, inertia and momentum are acting on it, therefore the paint will return to the sphere, instead of staying oval shaped. The more the paint has to move around to get back into it's spherical shape, the more it will deviate from its flight path

So you have proof to back up these claims? Experiments done, like punkworks does?

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#30 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Depends which claims? the accuracy claims or the effects on the paintball?

#31 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Punkworks has already proven that when overboring, the air wraps around the paintball evenly so the ball goes down the center of the barrel and doesnt bounce around.. and the air escapes around the ball evenly as it leaves the barrel, so it doesnt just fly randomly out of the barrel when you underbore. You cant just defy physics. Unless you are a helicopter.

#32 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

Guess what, I do have proof. Tom Kaye tested barrel bores and rifling while AGD was still big. He coated the inside of barrels with powder and this allowed him to see where the paintballs made contact with the inside of the barrel. Punkworks also decisively concluded that underboring is NOT more accurate than overboring. It simply uses more of the volume of air per shot allowing lower pressures.

#33 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Keep the stock one. With the money you save buy some girl a burrito. Bitches love burritos, she will love you for it too.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#34 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Keep the stock one. With the money you save buy some girl a burrito. Bitches love burritos, she will love you for it too.

Tacos work too.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#35 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Pathogen FTW!!!

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users