Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

Facebook group for the event

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 22 June 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#2 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

More details here
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#3 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Just a reminder. Pre registration for "Tombstone" July 27 & 28 at GRC Paintball in Angelica, NY ends this Saturday at midnight! Not only do pre registered players save money and get to choose the side they play for, but they are also the only players eligible to win one of the many FREE markers to be given away after the event!

Follow this link and pre register NOW!

http://www.grcpaintb...er&event_id=121

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#4 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Okay ballers....today is the last day of pre registration for Viper's 26 hour "Tombstone" scenario event at GRC Paintball in Angelica, NY July 27 & 28! This is your last chance top save money, get in on the drawings for the many free markers to be given away, AND get to choose whether you play for the Earp brothers or the infamous Cowboys!

Players from all over the US and Canada will be in attendance! Come join us for some scenario fun and old-fashioned, wild west gunfights!

http://www.grcpaintball.com/event-registration/?regevent_action=register&event_id=121

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

As usual it's time for my typical after event review.  I don't know why other players seem to not ever do this, but I like giving feedback, good or bad.

First off, I think this might have been my favorite Viper event to date.  Yes, possibly even better than the last 4 years of Living Legends.  It was a small event, mostly due to the scheduling but also weather had a huge factor (it rained from Saturday afternoon until Sunday morning).  But, there were still teams showing up to play.  I can't comment on final registration numbers maybe Viper can elaborate once he gets his nap.

GRC Paintball in Angelica, NY was where this was held and the field is absolutely a blast.  Rob and his father Glen have a fantastic field with a nice family touch.  It also a very nice Pro shop and a indoor field on the grounds as well.  Concessions were cheap with hotdogs, burgers, drinks, and friendly ladies to help serve on both days.  Indoor plumbing was also a plus.

Now, on to the game itself.

The field itself was approx 70 acres if I remember correcly.  Most of the ground played on was mowed down with plenty of bunkers to hide in or around.  The only real thing I would like improved would possibly be signs added to point out locations.  It was hard for a few missions to be done if no players had seen the location signs for specific objectives.  Some simple 1x4's with painted labels would suffice and would vastly increase movement on the field.  The southern portion of the field is also thickly wooded and can pose serious problems with tracking teams.  I personally loved this and I know Lightning Force did as well.  Myself and Citrus and the opposing teams used this extremely well to hide from eachother.  I hid about 6 feet from players multiple times to sneak past.

The start of the game was probably one of the most fun things I've seen yet.  Viper posted a while back on facebook that anyone who wanted to role play the event with costumes would get a head start on spawns at the beginning of the game.  Citrus Connection fielded slightly over a dozen members for the event and nearly all got to start a couple hundred yards away from the spawn due to wearing cowboy costumes.  I thought this was a fantastic idea, I wish the other team would have had a few as well to start the game off with a nice gunfight at the center field.  I'd like to see this return to events.  This happened on the first day, first respawn only.  It was not an overpowered spawn by any means, it mostly brought shens to the field and was welcomed.

The refs.  Viper brought in his own team including Ref Crash to assist with the GRC refs.  They all did amazing jobs.  If you called for a check they were there promptly and always kept their cool, even when under fire.  I played marksman and I have to personally thank all the refs who assisted me on Sunday.  Multiple times I asked them to run a couple hundred feet for an elimination.  They ran to the player and ran back to me, and I asked them to repeat it multiple times.  They never once complained and even complimented me during the time they assisted me.  So thank you to all the refs.

The missions, typical Viper missions with varying difficulties.  No marksman missions though.  After playing Legends a few years I've pretty much known what to expect from the missions so I really have no feedback for these.  They were fun though!  I did knock out a couple mission teams after using the field to sneak back towards the enemy base on Saturday.

The horse props - A little confusion with these on Sunday when there were about 6 horses running in circles at center field but overall I loved the idea.  They brought some interesting turns to this event and given blue teams low amount of players they actually gave us a fighting chance all weekend with getting some difficult missions and knocking out hard to reach players.  Plus having the scout capability that they bring to the field was huge.  I would really like to see these implemented again.

The gambling and gun duels were interesting as well.  Given the points allocated for the gambling on Sunday if either team had won decisively it could have greatly helped a closer game.  This may be questionable since some players don't like a random scoring bonus, but given the right context (like maybe a western themed Legends) it could make for some interesting things to happen...

The Valken paint was great.  Humidity(rain) played a roll in some bounces but for the majority of the weekend it was perfect and if it hit, it broke.  Props to Valken and GRC on keeping the most important part of the game just like the players want.

The dinner and final battles were fun as well.  It seemed to be leaning towards the west(?) side of the field though.  It must have been bunker combinations but the other side didn't seem to be able to move much.  It's hard to tell when you're playing versus watching from behind the netting. 

I'm not really sure what else to talk about to be honest.  I'll be back if that says anything.  I flew from South Dakota over multiple flights to be there if that says anything else.  It's worth it is my final comment on the field and event.

Thank you Viper, Crash and all other event refs, GRC and all staff, Ryan and Lightning Force, NY Rush, Blues Crew, SAS, Boss Ballers, Hand of Fate, Voodoo, Citrus for letting me play with you guys this weekend and all others!

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 29 July 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#6 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

And Gold Bond. Thank you Gold Bond

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users