• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Which gun would be faster like trigger wise,lighter and better to use in tournaments overall ect.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Which gun would be faster like trigger wise,lighter and better to use in tournaments overall ect.

i believe the ego 5 will be lighter because it has more milling. they're pretty much the same parts so equally as fast. i would rather use the ego in tournaments because.. it's an ego. but then again the etek 1 is a newer model. i'd probably still go with the 05 ego, although neither are ideal.

Edited by LUXOR54, 21 June 2013 - 07:37 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

How much can you get these for? Guessing $250 ish, an extcy would be a bunch better, or a little bit more, a used axe.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

How much can you get these for? Guessing $250 ish, an extcy would be a bunch better, or a little bit more, a used axe.

usually never pay over 150 for an etek 1.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#5 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

$200 for etek 1 with hyper 3 reg .$230 for ego with barrel kit. Both guns have metal etek cases

$200 for etek 1 with hyper 3 reg .$230 for ego with barrel kit. Both guns have metal etek cases

Sorry didn't mean to double post

#6 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, then go extcy, or even a pm8.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

pm8.

this

#8 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oh

#9 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

I need a gun around $200 though so I'm not going over 300 for an extcy or a pm

#10 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I need a gun around $200 though so I'm not going over 300 for an extcy or a pm

hate to break it to you, but you're not going to be getting much tournament performance for 200$ and under. do you already have padding, a carbon fiber tank, and a good thermal mask?

#11 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

And a nice loader?

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#12 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't really like the extcy .even though its 250

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

I don't really like the extcy .even though its 250

you're not going to be getting much tournament performance for 200$ and under. before you buy a marker you'll need to get a good tank, preferably carbon fiber. padding, thermal mask, a good forecfed loader. alos a good idea to get some good quality paintball pants.

Edited by LUXOR54, 21 June 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#14 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well the same guy also has an angel a1 with 3 barrel kit.and an etek 2008 with star frame I'm leaning towards etek

#15 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well the same guy also has an angel a1 with 3 barrel kit.and an etek 2008 with star frame I'm leaning towards etek

yeah..

but do you have any of the stuff that i suggested you have before?

#16 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

First of all, are you on a team? Do you have pads, pants, a good $75+ mask, a cf tank, and a nice hopper? If not, I wouldn't worry about tournament performance, but getting your setup together.
And you can get a used pm8 for $220ish

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

First of all, are you on a team? Do you have pads, pants, a good $75+ mask, a cf tank, and a nice hopper? If not, I wouldn't worry about tournament performance, but getting your setup together.
And you can get a used pm8 for $220ish

this is what 'm saying!

and just a heads up the PM8 is proto matrix 8, not proto matrix rail. there's a big difference.

Edited by LUXOR54, 21 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#18 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Dont get any ego under the 07 version, or eteks all together. But thats just me. The pm8, extcy, proto rail, if you can go a little more for a used axe, and maybe a valken proton, would all be guns to consider.

#19 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

might even be able to find a marq 6 / 7 for under 270.

#20 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Forgot about that... thats a good option too!

Washington, can you please tell us about your current setup? We can't help you otherwise.

#21 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

As in gear?

#22 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

As in gear?

yeah

#23 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

we just need to find out the gear he has, seems to be deflecting the question and focusing on the markers. everything else is more important than the marker!

#24 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

we just need to find out the gear he has, seems to be deflecting the question and focusing on the markers. everything else is more important than the marker!

Maybe if he answers...

#25 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm just beginning but I know what your goin to say.
But later in about a month I'm getting gear

#26 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Gear first, then gun. Simple as that. Mask, tank, hopper, pads, pants, gun. IN THAT ORDER!!!

#27 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm just beginning but I know what your goin to say.
But later in about a month I'm getting gear

what are we going to say? don't worry, we're not here to criticize. we all started out somewhere!
we're just trying to set you off in the right direction from the beginning.

#28 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm not goin paintballing in awhile so I'm going to get the gun.just to make sure nobody buys one of the guns before me

#29 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

If you stupidly insist on getting a gun first, dont get the ego 5 or the etek 1. Marq 6/7, pm8, proto rail, valken proton, extcy and an enemy with a blackheart if you want. And as a beginner, without any of your own gear, why do you want a tournament marker, if you don't qualify for tournaments with the gear you NEED and DONT HAVE!!!
My point is, you are making a dumb descision getting the gun first.
Also, don't ask for our help, if you are going to make a dumb choice anyway.

Edited by NICKMISIU, 21 June 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#30 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm not goin paintballing in awhile so I'm going to get the gun.just to make sure nobody buys one of the guns before me

you never know, better deals pop up all the time. especially ones better than an etek 1 for 200$. hell, you can probably find an etek3 for 270$. i know my etek3 has absolute crap resale value.

#31 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you stupidly insist on getting a gun first, dont get the ego 5 or the etek 1. Marq 6/7, pm8, proto rail, valken proton, extcy and an enemy with a blackheart if you want. And as a beginner, without any of your own gear, why do you want a tournament marker, if you don't qualify for tournaments with the gear you NEED and DONT HAVE!!!

please tell me how to put a blackheart in an enmey :P
I am a raccoon.

#32 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

You can get it with the enemy, or maybe im confused. It's been a long day... -_-

Just checked ans, and I meant the envy, my bad. :P

#33 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

You can get it with the enemy, or maybe im confused. It's been a long day... Posted Image

eNMy is mechanical, you're thinking of a vibe blackheart.

#34 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Jeez, you guys spout Mike's stuff all day long until it comes to markers... dont be a douchenozzle and call him dumb.Its really not as important as it sounds. I did just fine getting my guns first, If he wants a gun first, let him. As for the ego/etek, try to haggle him down. neither one of those markers is worth that much. 175 for the ego, 150 for the etek is the most i would do.

Lastly, DONT BE A DOUCHENOZZLE

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#35 Paintballwashington

Paintballwashington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

The point is I will get that gear later on.and I might get a 2008 etek with star frame for 265

Or an angel a1

For the same price

#36 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

The point is I will get that gear later on.and I might get a 2008 etek with star frame for 265

Or an angel a1

For the same price

Be smart and don't get a tournament grade marker..start lower like..a mechanical or a entry electric marker..if you know absolutely nothing about paintball don't even try to get an electric. Yeah you might have the manuals and such but, most beginners getting into the paintball world can f**k things up quite badly to their markers. Be smart get a mech or a entry electro.
If you have absolutely no gear and you run around with a Planet eclipse ego with a gravity loader.. That would look retarded. Since you are starting out with $300 it's gonna be hard to get everything in working order..

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#37 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Ego for tourneys but kinda a waste of money unless you are in lover with older guns.... much better guns in the price range

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#38 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Or an angel a1

For the same price

Be smart and don't get a tournament grade marker..start lower like..a mechanical or a entry electric marker..if you know absolutely nothing about paintball don't even try to get an electric. Yeah you might have the manuals and such but, most beginners getting into the paintball world can f**k things up quite badly to their markers. Be smart get a mech or a entry electro.
If you have absolutely no gear and you run around with a Planet eclipse ego with a gravity loader.. That would look retarded. Since you are starting out with $300 it's gonna be hard to get everything in working order..

My point

#39 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Or an angel a1

For the same price

That sounds like fun... also that will be good practice for trigger control. I had to use a eggy yesterday on my legend and between two electros and a pump we shot less than a case. That said. Etek, used halo, JT proflexes. Eteks are fairly efficient and you should be able to rent a tank from your field. if not, get a used in hydro steelie NOT CO2 You will destroy the solenoid like that

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 23 June 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#40 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

Or an angel a1

For the same price

That sounds like fun... also that will be good practice for trigger control. I had to use a eggy yesterday on my legend and between two electros and a pump we shot less than a case. That said. Etek, used halo, JT proflexes. Eteks are fairly efficient and you should be able to rent a tank from your field. if not, get a used in hydro steelie NOT CO2 You will destroy the solenoid like that

Actually shooting an electro with a gravity does sound fun... But I'm not doing it at my field.. I'll lose my rep as a star player. x.x

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#41 vector911

vector911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Do NOT get an angel A1 for your first marker. Those need some "quality" time and a couple extra tools to even set up correctly.
I pick up my etek1's for no more than $125. The kids cant break them, they are crazy reliable.
I've picked up a dm6 for $200, vibe Blackheart for $85.

#42 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Do NOT get an angel A1 for your first marker. Those need some "quality" time and a couple extra tools to even set up correctly.
I pick up my etek1's for no more than $125. The kids cant break them, they are crazy reliable.
I've picked up a dm6 for $200, vibe Blackheart for $85.

Where did angels come from?

#43 tru2thacocker

tru2thacocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

why is it so hard for forums to stick to the topic at hand ego vs. etek i've seen like 10 other markers mentioned why not just compare the two....?.... any way i picked up my 06 shades of grey sl66 ego (xsv edition) for an 04 pump cocker trade + $170 and i only gave 60$ for the pump

#44 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

just ask Kevin, he uses or used to use the ego 5 in torneys i believe...personally id go with an ego 5

hey i play paintball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users