#1 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hello Players,
My team just signed up for our first rookie 3-man tourney. I just have a few questions about it...

(I've already seen mikes video on 3-man)

First, here is the layout of the field: https://www.youtube....TOKnkwf48#at=24

The games are going to consist of 1 round and double elimination, they are expecting 8-15 teams to show up, its probably going to be semi-only, paint is $60 a case.

What are some effective strategies we could use with that field set up?

If 12 teams show up, about how many cases of paint should a 3 man team have all together? (This is our biggest concern, we dont want to pay for more than 2 cases of paint + $30 for entry for prizes that are only about $140)

Just any tips and tricks and secrets the team might find useful that day??

Thanks for the help.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

(This is our biggest concern, we dont want to pay for more than 2 cases of paint + $30 for entry for prizes that are only about $140)

Bad mindset if you want to continue with tournament paintball after this event. If you want to win, you have to shoot lots of paint. Even though you might spend more than you get back, that isn't the point. Because you'll find out later that you are really there to win, not to collect whatever the prize might be.

#3 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

(This is our biggest concern, we dont want to pay for more than 2 cases of paint + $30 for entry for prizes that are only about $140)

Bad mindset if you want to continue with tournament paintball after this event. If you want to win, you have to shoot lots of paint. Even though you might spend more than you get back, that isn't the point. Because you'll find out later that you are really there to win, not to collect whatever the prize might be.

I understand completely. I dont think you understand how tight money is between the three of us. Honestly i would just play to have fun, but i can do that on the weekends when paint is 45 and entry is 10.

How many cases of paint would you buy?

#4 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

I used to be in that situation, so I do understand. For a 3 man tournament, I wouldn't imagine you shooting any more than 2 cases anyway.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I would start with a case each. Its better to buy more than you need rather than run out.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Buy one case each then buy one case to share between eachother incase you guys have a game and need to fill up on paint and there is no time to go buy more.

#7 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I understand completely. I dont think you understand how tight money is between the three of us. Honestly i would just play to have fun, but i can do that on the weekends when paint is 45 and entry is 10.

How many cases of paint would you buy?

i have only played one tournament my self and we all bout our paint sepreatly. im a front snake player and i shot 3 cases against 15 teams and it was race to 2. for elimination i would say 2 but u may need to buy a third depending on your postion hope this helped

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#8 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Incredibly small field, no more than 3-4 cases needed to preform well. Games will go fast on this field, so I recommend only carry 3-5 pods per player, even if that.

Make a game plan;

My advice would be to take the center X, standup tombstone on the 40, and either back corner bunker to cross it up.
Most likely snake corner will be the best corner position to cover the wire, as your center and 40 player can cover d side easily, when your center is covering d side, the 40 man can shoot their snake corner and either your corner man can move to d1, s1, or even double up the center.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#9 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Incredibly small field, no more than 3-4 cases needed to preform well. Games will go fast on this field, so I recommend only carry 3-5 pods per player, even if that.

Make a game plan;

My advice would be to take the center X, standup tombstone on the 40, and either back corner bunker to cross it up.
Most likely snake corner will be the best corner position to cover the wire, as your center and 40 player can cover d side easily, when your center is covering d side, the 40 man can shoot their snake corner and either your corner man can move to d1, s1, or even double up the center.

Thank you sir, this helps a lot!

#10 AsianPaintballer

AsianPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Like everyone else is saying 3-4 cases but also take it slow let them come to you get your guys to a good bunker and shoot off a few pods then move up slowly one at a time

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

I would have everyone buy a case then pool the paint. If you guys run out then get another 2 cases (1 case to basically fill everyone up and the other to keep playing). 

If you are going into a tournament with a tight paint budget then you arent prepared at all. If you have the mindset of conserving as much paint as possible then you wont play at your best. You shouldnt have to shoot a lot in a 3 man, but if the competition is good and there are lots of teams then you will burn through paint quickly.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 CarolinaDevastator

CarolinaDevastator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

I had my first three man not long ago. I'm pretty young to start with paintball but I only use 1-2 cases per series, but I should use more so I recommend at least 2 cases,(sorry about the budget.) Before I can help you on the field I need to know what types of players you have and how many.

Only rule: KICK PAINTBALL ASS!!!

#13 chiefjones98

chiefjones98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yeah i would start with a case of paint to start each. You can ushally by more as you go along

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users