• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 chicone

chicone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

im thinking about buying one of these two, please tell me what you think about them, pros and cons.
i'm open to any suggestions

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

if you're willing to tune the mini I would take it over the G5, however I would take a used Vice, marq or DM over any of them. Also I would take a 2011 rail over both of those if you're buying new but I would suggest used.

#3 chicone

chicone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

thanks, I was thinking about a used ego8 my friend is selling for 300 dollars, and I have tried the rail and dont like it very much, ill be lloking at the vice

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Go with the Ego 8

#5 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'd get a vice over the ego

#6 chicone

chicone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

ive heard people say the etha is a great gun, is it true? this is going to be my firts gun, and i personally feel better buying new, so etha, mini or g5?

#7 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Etha or G5. G5 is better unless you want the EMC kit.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Can I add one more into the mix? Empire Axe.

It shits down all of the other's feednecks besides the Etha if you want a woodsball shell on your marker.

#9 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

The etha is a very good marker for the price.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#10 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Axe>Etha>Rail>Extcy>wasting money

#11 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

How is the rail anywhere near better than the eXTCy?

#12 chicone

chicone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

thanks, i think im going to go with the etha or g5 im going to try to see how they feel in my hands

#13 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Good choices

#14 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I am still a Mini fan. They are reliable markers that can be a workhorse. I haven't seen a lot of the G5 and I won't recommend something I have never personally used, so that is just my $.2. Like I said, personal experience with the Rail, Etha, and Mini, I would take the Mini. It may not be necessarily better than the Etha, but for the money it's a good gat.

#15 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

The etha is a very good marker for the price.

Zephyr-_Z.png

#16 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

How is the rail anywhere near better than the eXTCy?
I believe they're both on equal levels, but I just prefer the rail. It needs an on/off Asa still though.

Also to the origional poster, I have owned my Etha since it came out and I recommend it.

Edited by Bill_B, 27 June 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#17 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

If you can get used to the ergonomics (how it feels if the hands) of the Mini I'd take it. But for your first marker that Ego would be a good choice if you could get more comfortable buying used because Ego's don't require a lot of maintenance.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#18 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

AXE

Zephyr-_Z.png

#19 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

I would not recommend either of those markers...

If you are buying new, save and get an Etha. It wont shoot as smooth at first, break it in a little and it will shoot like a dream.

If you can, buy used. Ebay is pretty reliable now a days. Look around and you can find some good deals. Any marker for $500 could easily be found for $320. I would recamend the Axe.

Don't be an idiot and buy some piece of crap though. It doesn't happen that often, but it does still happen.

Good luck!

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#20 UnderTakerDeNu

UnderTakerDeNu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

the g5 is a very underrated gun...i got mine months ago and i was thinkin bout the axe and the mini........never looked back its awsome g5 all the wayy

#21 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

G5 G5 G5 G5 G5 G5!!!! It has a way better trigger, better egros, better barrel and no macro so no famous "dp leak" and their guns don't leak anymore anyways. Annnnnd DP'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE!

Edit: so much not do much

Edited by TheDyeingEmpirePlanet, 04 July 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Lol^
Ergos are preference.
No macro doesn't really matter
Barrels are equal.
Shot quality man, that's where the decision should really fall into.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#23 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'd actually say they are about equal. However the on/off asa and sexy-licious trigger is enough to grant the G5 a vote

#24 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

That's right, copy and paste bitches.

I honestly think the G5 is not as good of a marker as the previous G series from Dangerous Power. So if you want a good tip about Dangerous Power markers, read this.

The G3 is a much more quality marker for the price you will be paying for it when compared to other G series markers, as well as other markers in it price and end range.

Reason being for this is because Amazone ended up buying out Dangerous Power shortly after the G3 was produced. The orignal Dangerous Power guys made the Fusion 7 & 8, the Threshold & Rev-i, and the G3 & G3 Spec-R. Amazone made the G4, G5, E1, and Fusion X. Amazone produced Dangerous Power markers have many corners cut when put into production. They are made of much poorer quality aluminum and the electronics in them are also garbage. For example. On the G4, many of the eye covers end up snapping in half when tightened a little too much. This is because of the poorer quality materials used to make them as well as very poorly thought out tension points. The original owners of Dangerous Power knew what they were doing and had the customer in mind above all else. Whereas Amazone simply wants your money and tries to cut as many corners as it can to ensure they get the most out of your money, instead of you getting the most out of your money.

The G5 is made out of the same poorer quality aluminum. Moreover if you were to purchase a G5, you would really need to pray every night and before every game in hopes that the G5 bolt will not start rubbing/gouging out the breech. This has been a problem on more than one occassion and have seen it on a few forums. The bolt begins to rub the bottom of the breech and the metal starts be chipped away by the bolt because it is not properly seated. SO far there really hasn't been a fix for this problem. While the G-series markers and the G5 are very simplistic in design, the G3 is, overall, the best designed out of the bunch. It is made to take a beating and keep going. Moreover, the G5's internals are nearly the same, BUT a key factor is that Amazone decided to put a lip inside the chamber which has made TechT have to go to the drawing boards. They've gone so far as to say there'sd a possibility of them not even making a bolt engine for the G5... Very depressing.

Used G3s are going for as low as $75 in some cases. You'd probably pay triple that for a G5. That additional $150 you'd keep by purchasing a G3 can go towards an A.P.E. board and a TechT bolt engine. When these two upgrades are used in unison, tuned and worn in, it can easily shoot just like the high end spools you see the pros play with... And you'd be spending a fraction of the cost. For being an older marker than the G5, with those two upgrades it is leaps and bounds better than the G5. The only "nice feature" the G5 has going for it is the hoseless design... Not all that significant.

Most people complain about the G-series markers going down when 99% of the time it is from bolt stick. Either because they didn't clean off and replace the DP-40 lube, put too much DOW33 on the bolt, didn't know the difference between DOW55 and DOW33, or simply didn't know how to take care of it. The only other real issue is the solenoid, though not a big issue, is stillone I feel like needs to be addressed. The second-most problematic component with the G3(really any G-series marker) is the solenoid. The great thing is, is that you can service the solenoid yourself, super easy stuff compared to most other marekrs. AND if it came down to it and you had to buy a new solenoid. They are $35 new, pretty much a third or a quarter the price of most other marker solenoids.

This is all coming from a guy that has shot and owns several different high to low-end markers. The G3 is truely a diamond in the rough, you just need to know what you are doing with it and ignore all the assclowns who think DP is garbage, "just because it's a low end." Haters gunna hate always.

Edited by AoSpades, 05 July 2013 - 12:02 PM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#25 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

In short, pick up a G3 with Techt bolt engine and either 7th element or APE board and you got a good shooter.

#26 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I wouldn't go for a 7th Element board. 7th Element went out of business AND their boards were cheaply made, having many problems with them. If you were to get a 7e and the board have a malfunction, you'd be shit out of luck.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#27 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

I've had mine for as long as I've had my G3. Never had a problem but maybe I'm just lucky. Lol

#28 spoolienerd

spoolienerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

If you want a mil sim gun you should look at the etha with emc kit. Great gun backed by a great company, durable as hell and waterproof so you'll be fine if it starts raining or if you drop it in a puddle or something.

#29 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

If you want a mil sim gun you should look at the etha with emc kit. Great gun backed by a great company, durable as hell and waterproof so you'll be fine if it starts raining or if you drop it in a puddle or something.

And it's fucking Planet Eclipse we are talkin about here

Edited by TheDyeingEmpirePlanet, 09 July 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Doesn't mean it's good^

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#31 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Doesn't mean it's good^

:tup:

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users