• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ok sorry for constantly posting topics about this but I'm about to go pick one up this weekend and I wanted some last minute assurance. (Yes I have a good tank,loader and mask). So I just wanted to know the reliability of the proto rail and gog extcy. Personally from what I've seen on youtube most of the problems with the proto rail is the battery. While the GOG extcy seems to have leaking problems (IE. Asa o-ring, regulator etc). So my question to you guys is how reliable is the proto rail and the gog extcy? For any owner who have these guns I want you guys to tell me every problem you guys have had with these guns and how you fixed it (or if you have had no problems that'd be great too :)). I just wanted some last minute assurance before purchasing one of these products.

#2 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

They are both reliable. I think you would be happier with the gog though, if youre on the line between the two

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#3 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Oops. I probably should've put this in the ultimate _____vs____.. but I mainly wanted equipment advice so.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Both will work fine as long as they are cared for.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I would choose the rail, in my opinion they are better than the extcy.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Get the Rail. Proto/Dye has awesome customer service, their paintball markers are reliable (If you take care of it) and they've veen around for so long they have a great reputation.

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#7 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

The eXTCy is better equipped and shoots about the same. It has a better trigger in my opinion and is based on the Ion platform. Its a bit lighter due to it's composite body. eXTCy gets my vote

#8 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've had zero problems with my rail. I do clean and relube it after everytime i play (probably not necessary after every time but it makes me better knowing it is). They do like new, high quality batteries though. Just keep a couple fresh ones with you and your good to go.

#9 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

As far as customer service goes, GoG has been a delight to work with. I stripped out a few screws in my gun (my fault) and they had my gun fixed and shipped back in 4 days.

The GoG eXTCY is very reliable, go watch Mike's vid on the best beginner set up, he says its "built like a tank". He says its go with the Rail if your only playing speedball, but if your playing woods, scenario, and speedball you will want the eXTCY for its reliability in the woods, (and its awesome board).

I got an Extcy brand new 6 months ago, and i found a used rail really cheap after that. So i have both and i am very familiar with both guns.

I like the Rail in the fact that it is really light and the fact that it shoots like butter, which is a plus on the airball field. Although i do not like the fact that it opperates on 40ms dwell, i dont like the trigger, i dont like all the plastic parts, not a big fan of the reg, and the fact that it has no on/off asa is a big no no.

The extcy is a little heavier, but that also means it wont kick as much. And it feels much, much more durable that the rail does. The board is waterproof (which is a + for durability). It is all metal, other that the grip cover and breech cover, wich is a rubber/plastic stuff. The operating dwell on the extcy is 27 with hpa and 32 with co2, you can get it down to about 12-14 with a techt bolt and a QEV. The trigger is so-so, even when you have it set up the best for semi, it is still a bit awkward to walk. The reg in the extcy is the SAME ON IN THE LUXE! Its got an ok asa and the bolt-out-back is a very good system for the money.

I love to shoot both guns, but the extcy is clearly a better buy for a beginner. Which ever gun you do decide to get, youll love it, dont look back.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#10 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I thought the eXTCy was composite body like the Ion?

#11 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Go watch Mike's review and efficiency test on the extcy.

#12 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

The eXTCy is a much more durable marker than the Rail and will also be more efficient. The board on the eXTCy is also waterproof so you really won't have to worry about playing in the rain or humid climate with it.

Also check out my Comparison Review.

Edited by crPaliza, 26 June 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#13 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Alright thanks guys :) Let's hope I can pick up a gog extcy soon

#14 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Alright thanks guys :) Let's hope I can pick up a gog extcy soon

Good luck brother,

If you are new to the sport, thanks for taking interest in it. You will have many fun times with your knew extcy. be sure to order some GR33SE when you get it too. Maintain your marker regularly and you will get some stellar, long-lasting performance out of it.

If you have any questions, concerns or problems, feel free to add me and PM me anytime. I've owned an extcy for almost a year now, i am very familiar with the marker and service them often.

I made a new facebook too... https://www.facebook.com/GogExtcyTek

#15 McAwesomeVille

McAwesomeVille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

As for reliability, they are both probably the same. If you take extremely good care of both guns, they probably will have no problems. As for ease of maintenance, Rail wins. Rail has eyepipe, a regulator that is removed more easily, more easily accessible parts and etc. 

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Both are the same as long as you take care of them. Dont know why reliability is put into question. It is to be expected that all markers are reliable im this day and age, rather than expecting that they are all unreliable with some less so than others.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I don't think my local paintball store has "GR33SE" at it.. I currently have the dye slick lube..will that be ok for it?

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

Any dow 33 works. It doesn't matter. So yes, it's fine.

#19 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

As mentioned, yes Dye Slick lube will work fine... Or anything that is dow 33 based.

#20 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I don't think my local paintball store has "GR33SE" at it.. I currently have the dye slick lube..will that be ok for it?

Yeah it will work. The manual in the eXTCY says they recommend greese though.

There have been some claims that using different lube than the manual recommends can void your warranty, which i would not advise. Watch mikes video on paintball lube

As far as the extcy goes, there are many lubes out there that will work just fine, (if your not worried about your warranty... But I would be, especially if this was my first marker)

Hell, you can even use HaterSauce on your eXTCY if you had too...http://www.techpb.co...opic=219236&hl=

Make sure not to underlube or overlube, because this can reap havoc on a marker.

Even though Dye Slick,(over priced for what it is, if you ask me) or Dow33 will work, I would try to order some GR33SE from amazon.com, ansgear.com, zephyrsports.com, or gogpaintball.com, but if this isn't an option, you'll be ok.

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just...wipe off the lube if you send it in. I don't see how they can formally check. I think it's silly that you need to worry about things like that.

#22 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Just...wipe off the lube if you send it in. I don't see how they can formally check. I think it's silly that you need to worry about things like that.

I would do that that, I'm just not the dishonest type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users