18 replies to this topic

#1 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

So I am not a newbie but he is and I wanted to get him his own basic gear. He helped me pick out (and by helped me pick out, I mean he picked out) the gear. He does not play as often as I do, so the gear is pretty basic and I would like opinions on the set up.

Marker:http://www.ansgear.c...ouspe1green.htm

Mask:http://www.ansgear.c...roflexblack.htm

Tank:http://www.ansgear.c...484500&CartID=5

Loader:http://www.ultimatep...ion-loader.aspx

Pack:http://www.ansgear.c...4BLACK&CartID=3

And on an off note does anyone know the oring size for the raps asa?

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#2 PatsPotatoVan

PatsPotatoVan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I would rather him get like an Enmey or Envy. The Enmy since he won't play often or the Envy cause it's electric, same price as the E1 but has a clamping feedneck. Also a Proto Primo would do a good job on either of those and doesn't require batteries. Everything else is fine :tup:

Player
Photographer

Referee

#3 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

I would rather him get like an Enmey or Envy. The Enmy since he won't play often or the Envy cause it's electric, same price as the E1 but has a clamping feedneck. Also a Proto Primo would do a good job on either of those and doesn't require batteries. Everything else is fine :tup:

Thanks, Personally I had a bad experience with GoG. He is going to he held the E1 at a local shop as well as a rail and liked the E1 because he has smaller hands. I will see if he wants to look into something else though. I was also thinking of a used ion w up if I could find one  

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#4 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Personally:

marker: GoG eNVy or eNMEy (I'm more in favor of eNMEy)

Mask: preference (maybe JT with event ears vs profilers? imo)

Tank: Empire will work, but if can pony up the extra $20, ninja is the way to go

Hopper: Used revvy is Ok too, used halos, used non-z2 prophecies

Pack: preference, but also consider : http://www.ansgear.c...tpack25camo.htm

any thoughts to padding or the sort?

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#5 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Personally:

Tank: Empire will work, but if can pony up the extra $20, ninja is the way to go

I brought that up to him but he doesn't want any pads. Kid is more hard headed  than I am lol. I was thinking an electro to start with that way he wouldn't have to upgrade when we start playing tournaments  

Edited by klown, 26 June 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

id opt for a blitz only because i dont feel like the E1 is worth the 200 you spend for it. doesnt come with a clamping feedneck and has a useless 30 bps full auto mode that you cant use.

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Personally:

I brought that up to him but he doesn't want any pads. Kid is more hard headed  than I am lol. I was thinking an electro to start with that way he wouldn't have to upgrade when we start playing tournaments  

How invested is your brother currently? Might as well over the top if you ask me on gear if he is invested that much.

gnUDL.png

#8 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Personally:

How invested is your brother currently? Might as well over the top if you ask me on gear if he is invested that much.

It will be a couple years before we start playing tournaments,  I want him to get a few years experience first. He has no gear of his own right now but he is hooked and I told him if it was alright with my aunt and uncle and he got good grades I would get him gear  

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Personally:

A couple of slides and he'll be begging for pads. lol

#10 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Personally:

A couple of slides and he'll be begging for pads. lol

Yup lol

#11 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Really the only thing I see wrong with it is... pants. Has he ever tried doing some intense slides before. Could just be that I have a knee disease (Osgood Schaltter) but getting just plain old volleyball kneepads made a HUGE difference.

He must have some real small hands if he needs that :/

#12 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Really the only thing I see wrong with it is... pants. Has he ever tried doing some intense slides before. Could just be that I have a knee disease (Osgood Schaltter) but getting just plain old volleyball kneepads made a HUGE difference.

He must have some real small hands if he needs that :/

He doesn't have terribly small hands he just like a tight feel

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I say eNMEy or eNVy for the marker.
Mask? Go with the profilers over the proflexs
Tank? Any one works, you should probably go with a higher end carbon fiber for him.
Loader? Go with a halo, from the money you saved from going to the eNMEy.
Pack? At least get a cheaper end empire or NXe pack, don't burden him with a cheap quality GxG pack.

See the eNMEy is underestimated. It should shoot fast enough and well enough to be mmore than sufficient for recplay, even if it is airball. I also recommend that you don't burden him with bad quality gear that may become useless very soon. A halo is a good backup loader, but a revvy isnt.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

I say eNMEy or eNVy for the marker.
Mask? Go with the profilers over the proflexs
Tank? Any one works, you should probably go with a higher end carbon fiber for him.
Loader? Go with a halo, from the money you saved from going to the eNMEy.
Pack? At least get a cheaper end empire or NXe pack, don't burden him with a cheap quality GxG pack.

See the eNMEy is underestimated. It should shoot fast enough and well enough to be mmore than sufficient for recplay, even if it is airball. I also recommend that you don't burden him with bad quality gear that may become useless very soon. A halo is a good backup loader, but a revvy isnt.

I may just do that then. I also may not have to buy him a loader as I will be upgrading from my 18v fasts

#15 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

So now he wants a G1 Blackheart 

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

If you wan to do tourneys for sure go for the eNVy as the marker.
gnUDL.png

#17 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

If you wan to do tourneys for sure go for the eNVy as the marker.

He wants to just play woods because that is all that is around us. He doesn't want to play air ball/tournaments

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Well just skip that and get him either an eNMEy or an eXTCy, both are less than the G1 with blackheart, still better preformance.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well just skip that and get him either an eNMEy or an eXTCy, both are less than the G1 with blackheart, still better preformance.

Will do. He likes the look of the eXTCy but also loves my sp1 blackheart. I don't really care what he wants to play to be honest as long as he is having fun

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users