• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 S1uggo

S1uggo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

I played at New Breed for the first time on this past Saturday. The facility is clean, the staff is friendly, and the fields are good.

While I was there I played on Junkyard, D-Day, Castle, Log Jam, Junkyard vs Castle, and at the end of the day they took everyone playing and we did a 50 vs 50 in 4 acres of woods. All the fields were a lot of fun. The only field I preferred not to play multiple times was Castle. Only because it seemed like who ever was in the castle seemed to lose every time. It's just too easy for the attacking team to get in close and then its all but over. D-Day was by far my favorite, 2/3 of the team attack up the hill while 1/3 get 3 bunkers. As a defender we lost but we're able to knock out a good portion of the attackers. Making it fun for everyone.

The refs did a good job of trying to keep friends together while at the same time keeping the skill level on the teams even. There were times when one team was blown out over another but never repeatedly. I would especially like to mention the ref Leo. He did an excellent job of keeping the games safe. And he seemed to be everywhere at once making sure no one cheated and no one shot players who were already knocked out. He even once put himself in the line of fire to keep an already knocked out player from being shot again. I wish all their refs were like that.

Also, I would like to note that I played more paintball in the 6 hours I was there then I ever did at any other field. Last time I went to skirmish we played only 6 games the whole day. The refs kept us waiting 20 minutes between rounds. At New Breed they would just match any walk on wanting to play and then give a call to anyone getting paint or air that they could join. You could literally play constantly until you run out of paint or air. I easily played a dozen games or more. Even as I write this I'm so sore I can barely walk from playing so much.

My only complaints are first the front office seemed a bit disorganized when we got there. They apparently do $10 off a case if you start before 10am but some people got the discount and some didn't. Also, my friends that used CO2 said to get fills it was really slow.

All in all I would rate them an 7 out of 10. But with a few adjustments this could easily be the best place in North Jersey.
I'm going to build my own theme park with blackjack and hookers!

#2 bigvin95

bigvin95

Watch out behind you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Is this in northeast New Jersey or northwest?

#3 S1uggo

S1uggo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Is this in northeast New Jersey or northwest?

I guess its technically North East. But here is a map This is just a google map link

I put a bunch of pictures on up the New Breed Website as well as two videos of the fields.
I'm going to build my own theme park with blackjack and hookers!

#4 *Andrew*

*Andrew*

gucci burr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

yeah its a great field
i cant wait for the xball field to be put up

#5 j0hn

j0hn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

I play there pretty often. Junkyard is cool but "Loggy Bayou" fucking sucks. When Xball goes up it's going to be bananas.

#6 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

This field is about a half hour from my house, I will definitely go there this summer.

Do they have a website? If so if you can link it that would be great. Also what are the prices like?

Edited by PbGoods, 02 May 2009 - 09:18 PM.

#7 DiRtDoGg

DiRtDoGg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

this is the website: http://newbreedpb.ning.com/

Now for prices it is bring your own paint and all day air and entry is like 30-35 forgot.. (think i would know i got there evry weekend practically) also if u need to buy paint if you get there before 10am they take off 10 dollers no matter the grade.. The staff is awesome and it is The Black Hawks home field.. The owner of the place is named Sky so if you have any questions hit him up
********** EGO Mafia Member #13 **********
ALL EGO OWNERS JOIN THE TECHPB EGO MAFIA!!! HERES THE LINK
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11639

#8 NC1004

NC1004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

Just want to say that this is a great field. They have staff that do an incredible job with moving games along and actually reffing, instead of just letting the game play out. They have found a nice balance between getting involved in the game, and letting it just play out. They have a variety of fields, including 2 or 3 woodsball fields, several hybrid fields, and, starting June 6th, the only all grass, regulation size X-Ball field in Northern New Jersey.
Prices:
Entry +all day air = $35 (CO2 +$2)
Paint=starting at $30 for half a case, $55 for a full case (they stock field, mid, tourney grades)
Equipment Rentals =$80 (includes entry+air, marker, mask, hopper, air tank, 1000 paintballs)

EDIT: Sorry about the double post

Edited by NC1004, 10 May 2009 - 04:05 PM.

Blasphemy! Eveyone knows the gear makes the player and expensive guns automatically shoot more people out than cheap ones. My field even has a rule that says that fire coming from a more expensive gun has the right of way over fire coming from a cheaper gun.

-The_Economist

If your a fire fighter copy this into your sig

#9 NC1004

NC1004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I just want to say that this is a great field. They have staff who do an incredible job reffing the games, instead of just letting them play out. They have found a good balance between getting involved, and just letting it play out. There are several fields here, including 2 or 3 woodsball fields, several hybrid fields, a castle, and starting June 6th, the only all grass, regulation size X-Ball field in Northern New Jersey.
Prices:
Entry +all day air=$35 (CO2 +$2)
Paint=starting at $30 for half a case, or $55 for a full case (they stock field, mid, and tourney grades)
Rental Equipment=$80 (includes entry+air, air tank, mask, hopper, marker, 1000 paintballs)

They will also be hosting a tournament June 21st:
-5 man teams, 7 per roster
-Early Registration - $500 per team (ends June 7th)
-Late Registration - $575 per team
-Paint Grenades and Apex Barrels allowed
-Cash Prizes
-Will be played on Junkyard Field
http://newbreedpb.ni...warz-tournament

Blasphemy! Eveyone knows the gear makes the player and expensive guns automatically shoot more people out than cheap ones. My field even has a rule that says that fire coming from a more expensive gun has the right of way over fire coming from a cheaper gun.

-The_Economist

If your a fire fighter copy this into your sig

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users